• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The last time you outsmarted an INTJ / INTP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you really want to, I could start by outsmarting you back with every single chance I will get. ;)

:devil:

Don't you have an INTJ to outsmart? Seriously, what's the challenge of you outsmarting me? Pick on someone your own size, or bigger, for that matter :coffee:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah you're right, I wouldn't anyhow.

I have a good excuse for you outsmarting me just now though. Quite a few excusable factors were involved!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah you're right, I wouldn't anyhow.

I have a good excuse for you outsmarting me just now though. Quite a few excusable factors were involved!

Sure honey :rolli:

;)

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nope never outsmarted any INTJ/INTP. Unless you count me.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I grappled an INTJ who outweighed me by 100+. He was dominating me the whole time, or so he thought ;) I was letting him waste his energy before I choked him out with a rear naked choke. It was quite the ego boost. I also bait my intp best friend into questions that I can make fun of him regardless of his answer. He may be a database of information but sometimes P's just take the bait when a J sets a trap hehe.

Tertiary Se (ENxJ): "I'll physically intimidate him. I'll brandish a little power and he'll get back in line. Beneath all our refinement, people are just animals, and let me tell you, this animal will not be denied. I'll go with my gut instinct here. You can't know everything in advance, you have to trust your gut in each moment. Good thing my gut is trustworthy. A person with lesser character wouldn't be able to trust his luck the way I can." The Secondary Function (Ni) would say: "What is really dangerous here and what's just a paper tiger? What are some options you haven't considered yet only because the current way appears--falsely--to be necessarily so?"

Know what happens when you go Se on an INTJ?

She pulls out her tertiary bullshit too, and all relationship ends.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha :D I am still intrested how long it took AlphaPrime and Mom to beat me at Hexagon and Backgammon in the Arcade on typeC :D

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Ha! All the time.:D The price of this superpower is living with one for several years, though. :laugh:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Seriously, people? Outsmarting? That's what gets you giddy?

Whatever for?

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
I do not actively hold tightly to beliefs unless I know for certain that I am correct, and I do not entwine these beliefs with my ego. Of course sometimes I am mistaken, get confused, or have learned incorrect information. We all do. And I am quick to relent when corrected, given sufficient evidence has been provided or I trust the source as reliable. So it always annoys me when somebody gets so much satisfaction from the act of proving others wrong. Not because I am embarrassed or upset at my own personal failure, but because I see their priorities out of place.

So in these cases, even when outsmarted, I still feel as if I have won and their victory shallow, because I value truth and learning over smug satisfaction.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I do not actively hold tightly to beliefs unless I know for certain that I am correct, and I do not entwine these beliefs with my ego. Of course sometimes I am mistaken, get confused, or have learned incorrect information. We all do. And I am quick to relent when corrected, given sufficient evidence has been provided or I trust the source as reliable. So it always annoys me when somebody gets so much satisfaction from the act of proving others wrong. Not because I am embarrassed or upset at my own personal failure, but because I see their priorities out of place.

So in these cases, even when outsmarted, I still feel as if I have won and their victory shallow, because I value truth and learning over smug satisfaction.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I was marginally beat in Scrabble, but only because the guy before me blocked my 63-point 4-letter word I was about to put down. Curses!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

+1

"Outsmarting" does imply being personally/ego invested and assuming the other person is as well in a game or competition of ideas.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
An INTJ/INTP I could outsmart would just be the uptight version of myself.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Couldn't of said it better myself.

+1

"Outsmarting" does imply being personally/ego invested and assuming the other person is as well in a game or competition of ideas.

:dry:

So when an INTx picks apart someone's idea for sport it's in the pristine pursuit of knowledge. Whereas if someone calls out an INTx for saying something blatantly wrong, then that person's "priorities are out of place" giving the INTx some sort of ultimate moral high ground.

Yall could have saved a lot of words and just said "Well, I just take my ball home when the other kids don't play nice. Hmph!"

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:dry:

So when an INTx picks apart someone's idea for sport it's in the pristine pursuit of knowledge. Whereas if someone calls out an INTx for saying something blatantly wrong, then that person's "priorities are out of place" giving the INTx some sort of ultimate moral high ground.

Yall could have saved a lot of words and just said "Well, I just take my ball home when the other kids don't play nice. Hmph!"
I read that quote as applying to any interaction of ideas and not being confined to certain types addressing other types. If the premise changed based on who is making the correction, then that would be an example of game playing like you describe. That is also the game playing I was rejecting and interpreted the quoted post as rejecting as well. The pursuit of knowledge and accuracy should be about correctness of ideas and not ego and social roles. It shouldn't matter who is doing the correcting or who is being corrected.

I agreed with the statement because it described a person's willingness to admit whenever they are wrong.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I outsmart myself all the time.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
INTJ girl...all the time talking about stupid stuff and social interactions

havent ever discussed anything thats her acclaimed forte...though dropping a few hints bout it here and there gets me in her 'I LIKE YOU' books

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
But isn't the INTJ in the boat because they are rowing it? Gaining a super-ripped bod? Developing their self-discipline? Pushing their limits mentally and physically?

And aren't you in the boat, getting up before the sunrise to be on the water for 5:30 am, just to sit in it for the free ride while you say a command here and there?

Didn't the INTJ already win by virtue of sacrificing his time for more reaping rewards than those that you gain from coxing?

I think you may have gained a small and phyrric victory. :)D)

I proved him, and seven others at the same time wrong. Coxing is quite dificult It's like city driving with a car that has only engine pull and pulsating power that can hardly steer and the engine like sto back talk. P.S.: He doesn't get up before sunrise because he lives so close to the water. I get up at 5 on crew days. I also trained a lot, and improved my 2k time by one minute over the whole season. He only improved by about five seconds. P.S.: I can tell that he is INTJ, because he always goes: you're wrong, I'm right, shut up, you're retarded, I don't care. And, an ISTJ wouldn't rebel, although they would seethe if they hated their coxswain.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure I understand the motivation behind this thread.

Is it that you:

- Are normally 'outsmarted' by intj/p so you get very pleased with yourself when you outsmart them;

- Find intj/p to be arrogant and condescending and so get great pleasure from proving them wrong;

- Get annoyed at intj/p for constantly trying to undermine your ideas and picking faults in things so you feel you need to bring them down sometimes?

I know you'll say the second or third options even though we (intj/p) know it's really the first :D