User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 58

  1. #31
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I do not actively hold tightly to beliefs unless I know for certain that I am correct, and I do not entwine these beliefs with my ego. Of course sometimes I am mistaken, get confused, or have learned incorrect information. We all do. And I am quick to relent when corrected, given sufficient evidence has been provided or I trust the source as reliable. So it always annoys me when somebody gets so much satisfaction from the act of proving others wrong. Not because I am embarrassed or upset at my own personal failure, but because I see their priorities out of place.

    So in these cases, even when outsmarted, I still feel as if I have won and their victory shallow, because I value truth and learning over smug satisfaction.
    Couldn't of said it better myself.

  2. #32
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    I was marginally beat in Scrabble, but only because the guy before me blocked my 63-point 4-letter word I was about to put down. Curses!
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  3. #33
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I do not actively hold tightly to beliefs unless I know for certain that I am correct, and I do not entwine these beliefs with my ego. Of course sometimes I am mistaken, get confused, or have learned incorrect information. We all do. And I am quick to relent when corrected, given sufficient evidence has been provided or I trust the source as reliable. So it always annoys me when somebody gets so much satisfaction from the act of proving others wrong. Not because I am embarrassed or upset at my own personal failure, but because I see their priorities out of place.

    So in these cases, even when outsmarted, I still feel as if I have won and their victory shallow, because I value truth and learning over smug satisfaction.
    +1

    "Outsmarting" does imply being personally/ego invested and assuming the other person is as well in a game or competition of ideas.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  4. #34
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    An INTJ/INTP I could outsmart would just be the uptight version of myself.

  5. #35
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I do not actively hold tightly to beliefs unless I know for certain that I am correct, and I do not entwine these beliefs with my ego. Of course sometimes I am mistaken, get confused, or have learned incorrect information. We all do. And I am quick to relent when corrected, given sufficient evidence has been provided or I trust the source as reliable. So it always annoys me when somebody gets so much satisfaction from the act of proving others wrong. Not because I am embarrassed or upset at my own personal failure, but because I see their priorities out of place.

    So in these cases, even when outsmarted, I still feel as if I have won and their victory shallow, because I value truth and learning over smug satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Couldn't of said it better myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    +1

    "Outsmarting" does imply being personally/ego invested and assuming the other person is as well in a game or competition of ideas.


    So when an INTx picks apart someone's idea for sport it's in the pristine pursuit of knowledge. Whereas if someone calls out an INTx for saying something blatantly wrong, then that person's "priorities are out of place" giving the INTx some sort of ultimate moral high ground.

    Yall could have saved a lot of words and just said "Well, I just take my ball home when the other kids don't play nice. Hmph!"

  6. #36
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post


    So when an INTx picks apart someone's idea for sport it's in the pristine pursuit of knowledge. Whereas if someone calls out an INTx for saying something blatantly wrong, then that person's "priorities are out of place" giving the INTx some sort of ultimate moral high ground.

    Yall could have saved a lot of words and just said "Well, I just take my ball home when the other kids don't play nice. Hmph!"
    I read that quote as applying to any interaction of ideas and not being confined to certain types addressing other types. If the premise changed based on who is making the correction, then that would be an example of game playing like you describe. That is also the game playing I was rejecting and interpreted the quoted post as rejecting as well. The pursuit of knowledge and accuracy should be about correctness of ideas and not ego and social roles. It shouldn't matter who is doing the correcting or who is being corrected.

    I agreed with the statement because it described a person's willingness to admit whenever they are wrong.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  7. #37
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    I outsmart myself all the time.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    INTJ girl...all the time talking about stupid stuff and social interactions

    havent ever discussed anything thats her acclaimed forte...though dropping a few hints bout it here and there gets me in her 'I LIKE YOU' books

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    But isn't the INTJ in the boat because they are rowing it? Gaining a super-ripped bod? Developing their self-discipline? Pushing their limits mentally and physically?

    And aren't you in the boat, getting up before the sunrise to be on the water for 5:30 am, just to sit in it for the free ride while you say a command here and there?

    Didn't the INTJ already win by virtue of sacrificing his time for more reaping rewards than those that you gain from coxing?

    I think you may have gained a small and phyrric victory. ()
    I proved him, and seven others at the same time wrong. Coxing is quite dificult It's like city driving with a car that has only engine pull and pulsating power that can hardly steer and the engine like sto back talk. P.S.: He doesn't get up before sunrise because he lives so close to the water. I get up at 5 on crew days. I also trained a lot, and improved my 2k time by one minute over the whole season. He only improved by about five seconds. P.S.: I can tell that he is INTJ, because he always goes: you're wrong, I'm right, shut up, you're retarded, I don't care. And, an ISTJ wouldn't rebel, although they would seethe if they hated their coxswain.

  10. #40
    Senior Member ed111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I'm not sure I understand the motivation behind this thread.

    Is it that you:

    - Are normally 'outsmarted' by intj/p so you get very pleased with yourself when you outsmart them;

    - Find intj/p to be arrogant and condescending and so get great pleasure from proving them wrong;

    - Get annoyed at intj/p for constantly trying to undermine your ideas and picking faults in things so you feel you need to bring them down sometimes?

    I know you'll say the second or third options even though we (intj/p) know it's really the first

Similar Threads

  1. Post the last thing you Googled
    By Ivy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 02-13-2016, 08:24 PM
  2. Your result the first time you took an enneagram test
    By wistfulwillow in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
  3. [NT] You know you are an INTJ/ INTP/ ENTP/ENTJ when..?
    By Trunks in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
  4. [MBTItm] The Official: If You Were An NF For A Day........
    By Lasting_Pain in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
  5. If you are an INTJ...
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO