User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENTPs love/emo connectivity

Can you have a strong emo connection with someone in the moment yet not really call it love?

Do you ever find others mistaking your natural charm, flirting, or seductivness for some deeper connection?

What does real love feel like for an ENTP?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Of course I can.
    Of course they do.
    Don't know what fake love is. All my feelings are real but I don't feel them all the time, they come in waves. So maybe I don't understand the question - are you talking about that physical nauseous feeling?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Can you have a strong emo connection with someone in the moment yet not really call it love?
    You mean other people don't?

Do you ever find others mistaking your natural charm, flirting, or seductivness for some deeper connection?
    All the time. I'm normally friendly and treat everyone the same, some people read that as flirting... then the awkwardness starts

Real what?

MBTI
    entp

in the moment? hows that love?

yeah...its crazy cuz i have no idea what just happened but they are hanging on to my arm like ill explode if they let go

i cant say for sure when im in love...but after sometime it becomes relatively clear cuz of my actions

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, Yes, and short of a complete description, sacrificial love, romantic feelings, wonderment, giving.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Of course I can.
    Of course they do.
    Don't know what fake love is. All my feelings are real but I don't feel them all the time, they come in waves. So maybe I don't understand the question - are you talking about that physical nauseous feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    You mean other people don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    in the moment? hows that love?

yeah...its crazy cuz i have no idea what just happened but they are hanging on to my arm like ill explode if they let go
    wow. this is odd... makes sense I guess.

Let me contrast Fi-at least my version-for a second. Once Fi makes a connection it is long term. It doesn't connect quickly and doesn't do so lightly. It doesnt tend to trust others easily. It may waver a bit in intensity but if I have an Fi bond for you I will care for you forever. There isnt really a limit to the number of people I can care for, a list so to speak. Fi is Love on some level. I dont make real emo connections with another, unless I am willing to give them a piece of Fi. then it is thiers forever. god what a tool I am.

-------------------------

Er no...usually all I ever experience is lust, although there is this one guy I know...who I think I'm just infatuated with <_< though it's not really lust...can you fall in lust with someone's brain? haha :P

----------------

-------------------------

All the time, it's pretty annoying to be called a flirt, when I suck at flirting...I'm a natural touchy-feely person I don't see how that constitutes as flirting O_O

--------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

I don't know, when I find it I'll let you know =)
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

One doesn't always mean the other, monster... I can sit with a stranger on a bus and talk for hours about our past regrets and our future hopes, knowing that we will part ways never to communicate again. It's the same thing. It's just sharing a moment.

But of course, I would like to know which context you mean...

MBTI
    ENTP

1. Can you have a strong emo connection with someone in the moment yet not really call it love?

I think it is all love. But, I have different levels of love. If I connect with you, I love you just like I might love a kitten. But, this love is loose, light, and subject to change. It is contextual and capricious.

2. Do you ever find others mistaking your natural charm, flirting, or seductivness for some deeper connection?

They might start to, but I am very wary. So, if their attentions are unwanted and I get a whiff of it, I turn ice cold. But, if they start to wander too far away I warm up again. I want things at the level that is comfortable for me. Selfish? Yes. But, I rationalize this as best for both of us.

3. What does real love feel like for an ENTP?

Completely overwhelming. Scary. Exhilarating. Burning. Scary. I think this is why we are attracted to stable types. I feel very wary. Like a unicorn.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

I am going to bounce off Syns posts, as he seems most cognizant of what may be happening here. This seems like it is trivial. You guys are fucking people over with this. I'd put money on this being how you hurt people badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think it is all love. But, I have different levels of love. If I connect with you, I love you just like I might love a kitten. But, this love is loose, light, and subject to change. It is contextual and capricious..
    My IRL entp and the rest of comments confirm this short term emo connection. What makes this so hard is that for you guys this is real and authentic. Otherwise I would hate you all for it.

Realize this. Fi acts like a mirror. If someone has Fi, they physiologically mimic what they percieve you to be feeling, what you project. They have NO CHOICE, unless they block defensively, knowingly, planning ahead to do this. If you project intense short term emo vibes, vibes that imply connectivity, that we are close, that you love us, that is what Fi will make us feel in return. We will love you back.

But since Fi does not openly share with others normally until some level of emo intimacy has been achieved, we can be taken off guard by this short term intense emo you guys use, and misinterrpret it for something more significant and meaningful. You sneak up on us then dive deep with emo hooks.

Then when you wonder off to the next bright shiny, we are left behind. You dumped your emo our way, forced us to have a Fi response and show our core, our essence, then left us standing thier bleeding and raw. Fi is not a short term response. Fi Lasts forever. By not embracing the emo response you brought forth as worthy of your long term attention, you reject it. You reject us.

For an ENFP rejection is just as painful as for you guys. I'd imagine you catch other Fi types with this too, but I cant speak for them.

They might start to, but I am very wary. So, if their attentions are unwanted and I get a whiff of it, I turn ice cold. But, if they start to wander too far away I warm up again. I want things at the level that is comfortable for me. Selfish? Yes. But, I rationalize this as best for both of us..
    Much thanks, this is a sign of maturity. I'd suggest this might an important life lesson all ENTPs pay attention to. It might be one of the most important ones.

For one stands, folks you only see now and then, the short term emo isnt a big deal. The danger will be in long term interactions where there is the most risk of misleading the other person.

dont touch them, dont be sweet to them, dont flirt with them, dont imply intimacy if you do not want that intimacy in return on a longer level. Learn to recognize what you are projecting. Understand the miscommunication that WILL occur.

Completely overwhelming. Scary. Exhilarating. Burning. Scary. I think this is why we are attracted to stable types. I feel very wary. Like a unicorn.
    Unicorns are not real.