• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How do you INTPs show that you care?

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We help you do tasks.

We come up with ideas of solutions to your problems.

We squeeze your hands lightly and then we blush at the burst of affection.

But most of all, we listen :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By not escaping your presence.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The fact that they seek you out, and are possibly even dismayed when you disappear for too long :blush:

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
1+ on seeking someone out. definatley.

im not sure what else... just (trying) to be supportive, reliable, helpful, loyal ... ? i push my own boundaries for some people.. sometimes... when their messages actually get through (thanks to mbti, this situation is on the rise)

this quesiton is kind of hard to answer :vader1: i think im actually kind of bad at it. maybe because intps dont use Fi, we dont even know when we care about someone

poor you for having the hots for some intp.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Being there for them. Listening. Offering sympathy and advice. Offering compliments. Helping you do things. Initiating things.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
The fact that they seek you out, and are possibly even dismayed when you disappear for too long :blush:

Lol, so true, especially if it's unexpected or I was only being told at the last moment.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are levels of caring ofcourse.

If we don't care, we won't stay.

If we care or are interested in a small way. We will stay, but might seem a little distant, but we'll listen.

If we care a lot as a friend, we will help, advice, initiate, listen and show remarkable amounts of patience.

If we are infatuated, we may be clumsy and confused. But at least show signs of trying to make something of it. The more experienced we get in dealing with this, the less clumsy we become. But I find that it never really seems to go away. At least it hasn't yet for me. :D

:D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
When I start taking personal grooming pretty seriously. If I always have a clean shave and I'm making sure my nails never get too long, I'm probably in love with you.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
There are levels of caring ofcourse.

If we don't care, we won't stay.

If we care or are interested in a small way. We will stay, but might seem a little distant, but we'll listen.

If we care a lot as a friend, we will help, advice, initiate, listen and show remarkable amounts of patience.

If we are infatuated, we may be clumsy and confused. But at least show signs of trying to make something of it. The more experienced we get in dealing with this, the less clumsy we become. But I find that it never really seems to go away. At least it hasn't yet for me. :D

:D

Lol, that's so true. I had a date last night with a girl who completely took over my brain in the last couple of days. I felt so clumsy. Luckily she was patient and understanding. I had a great time.

When I start taking personal grooming pretty seriously. If I always have a clean shave and I'm making sure my nails never get too long, I'm probably in love with you.

I'm guilty of that as well.

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Random acts of physical affection like a pat on the head, or a quick hug, followed by fleeing.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Costrin said:
Initiating things
although it may be hard to actually do it, the want to initiate is there.

We might think about wanting to initiate stuff. Allegedly.

Hernias brought on by too much enthusiasm are a problem.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Basically, we pay attention to you.

Mind, not doing so doesn't suggest a lack thereof. A person can only pay full attention to one thing at a time.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My dad is an INTP, and he demonstrates how he cares by giving spontaneous gifts. When my mum (ESTJ) was upset this one time, he surprised her with a new top to try and cheer her up. When I started getting angsty about not being able to find a job, he went behind my back and got me an interview at a restaurant.

I show that I care in a similar way. When I noticed my mum was stressed out, I went to the shops and bought "relaxing" bath salts for her. She seemed appreciative, and used them.

Neither of us are very good at verbalising our concern or care for others; we just act (or not, sometimes).

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Come to think of it, yes.

My friend had been distressed for a while, so for her birthday a couple of months ago, I wrote her a song.

My former companion -- I would often bake things for her. At least until it became clear that doing so annoyed her, and she probably wouldn't eat them anyway.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny, I once made a birthday video for someone. Like a mini story. Pretty cute one tbh. Uploaded it to stage6 which got taken down, so can't share. :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting...I've had INTP-friends buying me tokens and stuff too..so yeah :)

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Like Grunge mentioned, I do the surprise bit - I love planning things and coming up with creative ideas to cheer someone. Like getting tickets to a favourite comedian or band when they come into town, or taking them to experience an activity they've always wanted to try. Thinking of something they would want that they'd never think of themselves, or wouldn't have the chance/thought to do on their own.