• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How do you INTPs show that you care?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
We will pay attention to you, and awkwardly try t get closer to you. We may look terrified as we ask for a hug, actually give you a smile. If we act like we want to say something, then we might care.

I was about to reply to this thread just to say exactly that. :yes:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
We will pay attention to you, and awkwardly try t get closer to you. We may look terrified as we ask for a hug, actually give you a smile. If we act like we want to say something, then we might care.

:shock:, This sums it all up yeah.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I will typically do things for you, or get little presents. Like the cat that drops off a dead mouse on your doorstep. "I like you, so I killed this small animal for you."

It's typically doing such things that I normally don't even take the time to do for myself either. Cooking is a big one, for myself I'll make easy mac or microwave a frozen pizza, but I'll make a bagel for you! I'll even toast it and spread the cream cheese my self. I like to make my SO nice dinners and cookies, but would never do so for myself.

We also like to be of assistance in any way that we can if we feel like we can help and you'll like it :blush:

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will typically do things for you, or get little presents. Like the cat that drops off a dead mouse on your doorstep. "I like you, so I killed this small animal for you."

...We also like to be of assistance in any way that we can if we feel like we can help and you'll like it :blush:

cute, it's true. i had no idea how romantic and sweet thinker types could be when they really want to be :wubbie:

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's typically doing such things that I normally don't even take the time to do for myself either. Cooking is a big one, for myself I'll make easy mac or microwave a frozen pizza, but I'll make a bagel for you! I'll even toast it and spread the cream cheese my self. I like to make my SO nice dinners and cookies, but would never do so for myself.

+1

I rarely cook for myself but like to make nice dinners for my SO all the time.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
It's typically doing such things that I normally don't even take the time to do for myself either. Cooking is a big one, for myself I'll make easy mac or microwave a frozen pizza, but I'll make a bagel for you!
That's pretty much it. I've barely cooked a thing for the last two years. The only exceptions have been when I've had opportunity to cook for someone else -- and then I leap to that. I made an absolutely killer pizza from scratch a while back, using some sauce that my friend had made the previous night, at my random suggestion.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

We also like to be of assistance in any way that we can if we feel like we can help and you'll like it :blush:

i really appreciate INTPs doing these little things. it seems like they are very genuine and well thought out - things that really mean something to the person, rather than just catch-all general thoughfullness.

but i am very bad at showing gratitude, even when i am truly grateful. i worry that that effects INTPs, that it might make these little gestures harder, or seem futile.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I support the above page of posts. +! to all above posters.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
i really appreciate INTPs doing these little things. it seems like they are very genuine and well thought out - things that really mean something to the person, rather than just catch-all general thoughfullness.

but i am very bad at showing gratitude, even when i am truly grateful. i worry that that effects INTPs, that it might make these little gestures harder, or seem futile.

Oh, it's okay if you're not effusive in your gratitude...just do something for us sometime when you notice we need it.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Oh, it's okay if you're not effusive in your gratitude...just do something for us sometime when you notice we need it.

Which usually means, make a good compliment about something we are insecure about. If you've earned our trust, teach us something to be proud about.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tallulah

Shimmy has a good point above. Also, a reciprocating action would be just fine to an INTP. If you were really happy about what they did and it was obvious - that would be enough for us to feel really great.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's show affection by random contact and by looking as though we're looking at a third term for George W. Bush. We also say flirty thinsg, although it's like a cat being barked at.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, like others have also stated, try to initiate a conversation.

I find starting up conversations to be quite difficult, so when I step out of my comfort zone for you..you know that I care.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A girl I'm theoretically interested in/avoiding has a slight celiac condition, so I've subscribed to various gluten-free cooking feeds, in search of recipes that can be produced at a relatively low expense.

It's looking that even if I could find all these flours, I don't have the money to spread around on this right now. Still, I do have the ambition to bake her some gorgeous gluten-free cookies or what-have-you.

You're theoretically interested in avoiding a girl?

The very definition of INTP caring! :wubbie:
;)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You throw a brick at her car.

It's the INTPc-approved™ way.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Interesting...I've had INTP-friends buying me tokens and stuff too..so yeah :)

Mine used to make things, rather than buy things. I was very stressed out once, passed out in bed after pacing around all day. When I woke up I found this paper star he had cut out saying: #1.

Cutest thing ever.