• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How do you INTPs show that you care?

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I can only reiterate a few things already mentioned:

• Doing small things and tasks for another person

• Initiating contact a lot ... that's really stepping outside the introverted comfort zone.

• Affectionate physical contact ... small gestures such as a touch or hug.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Regarding touch, that friend I mentioned, with the song -- I'll often tug on her hair, or balance things on her head.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regarding touch, that friend I mentioned, with the song -- I'll often tug on her hair, or balance things on her head.

Haha. :D

I do stuff like that to my sister. But she's an ESFJ so I have every right too.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Out of curiosity, OP, are you trying to see if an INTP in your life cares about you? I agree with 90% of what has been said thus far.

If you are seeking attention of yonder INTP and he isn't exhibiting any of these characteristics then perhaps talk to him directly about something that interests him? If an INTP has already made his mind up about you it will be a tough sell to have him think otherwise. If he likes you an INTP will emit a powerful pharamone from beneath his armpits that most, if not all women find irresistable.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Random acts of physical affection like a pat on the head, or a quick hug, followed by fleeing.
Wow. So true. It's the fleeing part that is both adorable and infuriating. Physical affection always makes me want to cuddle, but I turn around and he's gone!

Like Grunge mentioned, I do the surprise bit - I love planning things and coming up with creative ideas to cheer someone.
My INTP bf does this. He gets comforting movies for us to watch together when I'm having a bad week, and surprises me with supper when I come home late after a long day.

(Feeling all snuggly and cozy at these happy thoughts :wubbie:)

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it shows that you care when you actually ask how i'm doing and express concern when you think something is bothering me. being open in this way is pretty upfront on how important i and the relationship we're having are to you.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
What is this "concern" that you refer to? I'm a bit ambiguous on the concept.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the type of "concern" i was referring to is when you open up and allow yourself to acknowledge and feel that you are worried about someone else's well being. perhaps wondering or hoping they're ok because you do not want them to hurt. INTPs may not express such things by nature, but if the person they are dealing with is usually caring and always concerned w/the INTPs well being in a non intrusive way, the INTP may see what effect this concern has on them and may in turn learn to express it in return.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We actively seek out your company. Or almost wait in the wings to talk or interact with you.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We actively seek out your company. Or almost wait in the wings to talk or interact with you.

:yes: this trait's adorable, and speaking for myself, that type of thing does not go unnoticed

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I care by asking the person questions. about anything, the world or them.

This is why i cant make small talk, really - i just dont care about most people enough to ask them basic interests and all

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yes: this trait's adorable, and speaking for myself, that type of thing does not go unnoticed

My friends tell me to quit that, that I'm being too obvious, but I can't help it! lol...If the object of my crush is in the room I'm horribly bad at playing nonchalant. I'd rather just go up and try to talk to them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My friends tell me to quit that, that I'm being too obvious, but I can't help it! lol...If the object of my crush is in the room I'm horribly bad at playing nonchalant. I'd rather just go up and try to talk to them.

Most girls don't need to wait to talk to me; I'm often left alone. I'll have to watch for that...

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

It's true. It's cute. Keep doing it. ;)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking I know what to do now to win an INFP :D ...but maybe it is too obvious/too much attention for other types.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm thinking I know what to do now to win an INFP :D ...but maybe it is too obvious/too much attention for other types.

Pfft. Why would you want something other than an INFP anyway?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
poor you for having the hots for some intp.

He's probably an INTP or an INFP, but I am not exactly sure, so I am getting all the information I can. :cheese:

Out of curiosity, OP, are you trying to see if an INTP in your life cares about you? I agree with 90% of what has been said thus far.

If you are seeking attention of yonder INTP and he isn't exhibiting any of these characteristics then perhaps talk to him directly about something that interests him? If an INTP has already made his mind up about you it will be a tough sell to have him think otherwise. If he likes you an INTP will emit a powerful pharamone from beneath his armpits that most, if not all women find irresistable.
Hahaha, the image is amusing and thank you for all the tips. :)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
We will pay attention to you, and awkwardly try t get closer to you. We may look terrified as we ask for a hug, actually give you a smile. If we act like we want to say something, then we might care.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
A girl I'm theoretically interested in/avoiding has a slight celiac condition, so I've subscribed to various gluten-free cooking feeds, in search of recipes that can be produced at a relatively low expense.

It's looking that even if I could find all these flours, I don't have the money to spread around on this right now. Still, I do have the ambition to bake her some gorgeous gluten-free cookies or what-have-you.