User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

My family is all T. There are 2 NT (ENTJ mother and INTPmyself.) an SJ (ISTJ brother .) and an XXTP dad that I don't have the type of.

MBTI
    entp

i think id rather had my parents not know too much about me other than if i was capable or incapable

i want to go through all that adversity
    i dont want my parents to adjust their schedules just cuz im a very strong P and go through bouts of ADD
    i dont want life to be a bed of roses

it makes me for a better person when i grow up

MBTI
    ENTP

the way I see it thisGuy, life throws enough shit at you already, you don't have to go looking for it in your own home.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    intj

I wish my parents realized that intimidation and yelling isn't the best way to communicate with me, and that my refusal to respond to the yelling wasn't to be disobedient or disrespectful, but because it made me shut down.

I wish my mother would allow me to do things by my own method, as long as the end results were the same. I wish she didn't project her insecurities onto me, or claim that I thought she was stupid. I wish she didn't accuse me of being cruel and insensitive just because I don't constantly outwardly display my emotions. I wish she allowed me to make my own decisions more, instead of telling me what I want. She never allowed me room to make my own mistakes and couldn't accept that maybe I wanted different things than her.

MBTI
    INTJ

Wow, ghoti. Is your mother an ESFJ?

MBTI
    intj

From what I know of her, yes. I'm impressed. Though she'll claim she's an I since she stays home a lot.

Her micromanaging stressed me out a lot when I was younger. I actually had a nightmare last night about it. It's pathetic being 21 and still terrified of my mother, even though I live half the country away now. She'll send me e-mails full of thinly veiled insults and call me too sensitive when I ask her to stop mocking me.

It's such small things that make her go off, like if I buy the wrong brand of scissors or that I prefer fabric softener sheets to the liquid. If I don't verbalize agreement after every statement she makes, I'm being rude and ignoring her because I obviously must think she's stupid. When I have different preferences than her, it's clearly because I'm trying to contradict her since I think she's stupid. When I don't arrange all the clothes in my closet by colour and sleeve length, it's because I'm lazy and just trying to piss her off.

And then she goes on to claim that we're SO MUCH ALIKE. I try very hard not to hate my mother, but she makes it difficult for me to feel close to her.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I wish they had:

- Understood that my approach to learning is unique, and I can be timid in this regard
    - That I have a severe disdain for thoughtless authority
    - Fed my intellectual hunger more
    - Let me keep my room dirty

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    From what I know of her, yes. I'm impressed. Though she'll claim she's an I since she stays home a lot.

Her micromanaging stressed me out a lot when I was younger. I actually had a nightmare last night about it. It's pathetic being 21 and still terrified of my mother, even though I live half the country away now. She'll send me e-mails full of thinly veiled insults and call me too sensitive when I ask her to stop mocking me.

It's such small things that make her go off, like if I buy the wrong brand of scissors or that I prefer fabric softener sheets to the liquid. If I don't verbalize agreement after every statement she makes, I'm being rude and ignoring her because I obviously must think she's stupid. When I have different preferences than her, it's clearly because I'm trying to contradict her since I think she's stupid. When I don't arrange all the clothes in my closet by colour and sleeve length, it's because I'm lazy and just trying to piss her off.

And then she goes on to claim that we're SO MUCH ALIKE. I try very hard not to hate my mother, but she makes it difficult for me to feel close to her.
    I feel sorry for you At times I wish I had more parental involvement in my life, but then I meet or hear about overbearing parents...
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Yes, I think your stile of parenting should depend heavily on the type of kids you have. However I think that your type is determind for a large part at how you raise your kids in their first years of life as well and that raising your kid in a given way will make that he has a bigger chance of turning out a specific type. Somebody should actually study this though. I think it's is an interesting theory but I don't know anything about parenting.
    you know I think there is more hard wiring at work.

My first kid has been emo, cuddly, whiny, and spastic, and silly from very early. Very much needed physical contact and cuddling, very fussy young, invented the art of spooning and would wrap his entire body around whatever appendage he could find. Loved everybody as a baby. no internal sense of structure at all and was very flexible. He is now the sweetest most annoying 13 yo enfp in the universe.

My second kid popped out of the womb tough. At three months he would stare down total strangers. Hated to be held by anybody besides mom or family. hated my ISFJ friend most of all. By six months he would take hot wheel cars, belly drag himself across the floor and proceed to hit his brother in the head with them. Very early he found a routine and stuck with it. At two he is a fan of household pet domination, mopping, picking out my clothes for me to wear, and insisting that I need shoes on. He still stares strangers down in disgust. Changes in his schedule make him very upset. He loves to cook. He already lets me know he is somewhat disappointed in my lack of routine, schedule and general task performance. IXTJ but I lean hopefully towards an N.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post

I can totally relate to that except my Mum was never as strict. She would moan rather than actually do anything, just constantly moan. Does your mum also try to say whatever she thinks she should rather than what she thinks?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I can totally relate to that except my Mum was never as strict. She would moan rather than actually do anything, just constantly moan. Does your mum also try to say whatever she thinks she should rather than what she thinks?
    Apparently my mother was even more high strung before I was born. I can't even imagine. Now she mostly lets things build before completely snapping without warning. The most frustrating part is she never voices her expectations or when she thinks you're doing things incorrectly until she has decided it's been enough. Claiming you had no idea you were doing anything wrong is the worst way to go in that situation, too.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but not as far as I can tell.