User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Calling all NT writers

If you were to write a romance novel from the perspective of an NT, what would the plot be and could you give us a sample line or two?

(As a caveat: I despise romance novels but thought it would be funny to hear what the least outwardly emotional types would write in the schmaltziest literary? genre that exists)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Interesting question. I studied screenwriting for a while and began a dramatic script about a young man who went to Italy while in the military. While there, he met a young woman and they fell in love. He had to return to the states and she had to stay because of her strong family ties and commitment to the family business, but they vowed that they would find a way to be together - in time. As he gets back to the states and life goes on as usual, they begin to talk less and less, but still are committed to each other in heart and in spirit. After a few months, she contacts him to tell him that she is pregnant - and it can only be his child. Desiring to have a family one day, he tells her that he will, over the course of the next few months, wrap things up in America and head over to Italy to see the birth of the child and be with her. She is confused and in trouble with her very traditional family.

As he is beginning to wrap things up in America (she's now about 7 months pregnant), he gets a phone message one day that she is going into premature labor. In a frenzy to see the birth of his child (something he wanted very badly), he jams to the airport, gets the first flight to NYC (so that he can then go to Rome, etc.). After watching the agony he's going through in trying to get across the Atlantic Ocean as fast as humanly possible, he finally arrives at her bedside, only to find out that she has given birth but, due to complications, she is about to lose her own life.

I gave up on it because I was told it was "eposodic" - more in line with how a TV series would unfold than a motion picture.

I have another one that I like better than this that I'd like to actually have made into a movie one day, so I won't discuss that one...yet!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I didnt write for a long time, but when I did the 2 or 3 romance stories I wrote were always about not returned feelings. There is still a story on devinatart by me, but its pretty hard to read, my english was even suckier those days and I dont want to redo it, cause I like the flaws.

Silent Death seeking life by ~tfa on deviantART
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thank you both of you. I really enjoyed both examples you offered. I never would have imagined that NTs would be very attracted to fiction.

And now I'd like some real fromage - but in NT speak.

For example, give me a proposal scene where both characters are NTs. Describe what they are wearing and how they are looking at each other, but in the way an NT would experience it. And then have them ride off into the sunset.

Or a first kiss scene with the thoughts of both people about each other running through their heads for the reader to enjoy.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fantasy based, no doubt. A story of an 'impossible' love a la romeo and juliet, but ofcourse not a direct rip off but original in its own way. Covering as many every day ethical subjects that is possible without it becoming a huge ass cliché.

The story would most likely be based on a relationship of two people from different sub cultures, politically, ethnically, culturally and religiously considered wrong.

But through an adventure of hardship and fate the two lovers manage to bridge the differences for the people, but not without the neccesary bloodshed. The book would end with either one dying from unnatural causes, leaving the remaining person severely hurt and detached while the rest of the world openly celebrates a new future.

...Something like that.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

C'mon Fluffywolf, the plot is great. Give me a sample scene with some dialogue!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ehh, you mean something like this? It's not like I got a whole story in my head. And writing a passage from a story you don't know is pretty tough. :P

"Why?" She hissed in dismay, kneeling down next to her wounded lover. As the notion of death crept up her spine. Trying to see reason, seeking acceptance. For the fate that had befallen the lovers this dark day. The day that will mark the last day of the war.

There he lay, on this field of horror. This day of death. Where his and his lovers people united. He lay calmly. Still, a stare of peace and tranquility on his blood-stained features. Their love was not meant to be in this life. But it has left a mark for all eternity. Now a new age dawns, an age of peace.

The end! :P

This wasn't really a very serious try. A story can't be told by just one passage. :P Anyhow, it's not like I have a romance noval story lying around. Nor do I see myself writing it anytime soon. I consider myself to be a decent creative writer, but it's an under-appreciated hobby for me most of the time. >.>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Thank you both of you. I really enjoyed both examples you offered. I never would have imagined that NTs would be very attracted to fiction.

And now I'd like some real fromage - but in NT speak.

For example, give me a proposal scene where both characters are NTs. Describe what they are wearing and how they are looking at each other, but in the way an NT would experience it. And then have them ride off into the sunset.

Or a first kiss scene with the thoughts of both people about each other running through their heads for the reader to enjoy.

LOL. Honestly, I don't know if I see myself "riding off into the sunset" or totally smitten by an INTP woman. I would DEFINITELY want to meet one in person because I know from interactions with my aunt that we could go on making each other laugh all night until we collapsed of exhaustion, but romantically, I see a scene like you described with an NF.

This is totally off the cuff and well after bed time, but uhhh - let's see here:

Knowing that she had always dreamed, since a young girl, of overlooking Lake Templeton at sunset, he woke her up a little earlier than normal this Saturday morning. Hot coffee in hand, just the way she liked it, he said, "I wanna take you to Templeton today. I want you to see that sunset you've always wanted to see." She hopped up. "Really? Today?"

"Indeed! Take an hour to get what you need for the day and let's make it happen."

Like a little girl all over again, she got in the shower and got ready with a smile from ear to ear. She thought about what she would take, careful to remember everything that would make the experience the best it could be.

As they made the six hour journey up the windy coastline, they just talked and played some road games. He let her be quiet and it didn't feel awkward at all. She enjoyed that. And so did he. They could talk when they wanted - no pressure to keep a conversation going. They each felt at home in their own skin, enjoying the coast, and drifting off into their own thoughts and their own worlds, all the while sitting right next to each other. It was sort of like that storybook romance that we all hear about, but it was also different. It was just comfortable. It was peaceful. It was nice.

They finally arrived just in time to see the sun begin to fade over the lake. They got out of the car and she ran toward a spot she had seen from the road - a spot that would give her the very best view of the sun calling it a day. He followed behind, finding it hard to not feel some of her enthusiasm. He was enjoying himself, but he had never seen someone so excited to see a sunset. It made him happy that he had made the decision to bring her here. Her happiness, her innocent joy was rubbing off on him and they were both happy. Together. Together and happy. As the sky grew darker with each second and the sun slowly inched out of sight, there they were - HAPPY. She took a deep breath as if she wanted to inhale the moment and always have it with her. "This is amazing," she said. "This...right here...is what life is all about! Moments like this." He nodded in agreement and what happened next is perhaps better left for a more mature audience......

LOL..........

MBTI
    entp

the irony of today's dating world

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

You see- I don't have to write a romance novel. My interactions with NT males produces a very odd kind of dialogue...I can give you all examples if you want.