User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ISTP or INTP?

Permabanned

Default ISTP or INTP?

I took the MBTI test and I scored 1 point higher in INTP than ISTP. The thing is I seem too stuck in between S and N as I enjoy theory and concepts but enjoy action as well. I love training mixed martial arts, soccer which is typical of ISTP. At the same time I like debating with my friends and analyzing problems situations ect. Is there a way to figure out my MBTI type?

MBTI
    INTJ

Lots of ISTPs like to analyze things, the question is what you like to analyze.

Lots of INTPs like to play sports. (Bluewing plays soccer for pete's sake.)

For my money you're an ISTP but that's just a blind guess. I could very easily be wrong.

Maybe I just prefer ISTPs right now.

Answer me a question: What is the purpose of science?
    wails from the crypt.

Permabanned

I notice when concepts and theory get too complicated I tend to get bored and withdrawal. Also I get really excited when i'm being competitive, like being in a game or a fight but lazy when I have to train. Typical ISTP. In terms of being an INTP I used to be in my head alot as a teenager, I used to think about philosophy, psychology when I was younger. Not so much anymore.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I notice when concepts and theory get too complicated I tend to get bored and withdrawal. Also I get really excited when i'm being competitive, like being in a game or a fight but lazy when I have to train. Typical ISTP. In terms of being an INTP I used to be in my head alot as a teenager, I used to think about philosophy, psychology when I was younger. Not so much anymore.
    Iunno, I can do that too. But I don't think it's quite too complicated, but rather when I don't have the knowledge base necessary. I don't really do physical sports, though I can be quite competitive. And I despise training.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Lots of ISTPs like to analyze things, the question is what you like to analyze.

Lots of INTPs like to play sports. (Bluewing plays soccer for pete's sake.)

For my money you're an ISTP but that's just a blind guess. I could very easily be wrong.

Maybe I just prefer ISTPs right now.

Answer me a question: What is the purpose of science?
    the purpose of science is to gain knowledge through imperial testing.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think N is way more introverted by nature, and as a funtion it exists mostly in thoughtprocesses of past experiences as well as potential experiences to get a sense of direction.

Whereas S taps the information much more directly from your senses, seeing, hearing, tasting. In order to get a sense of direction.

Ofcourse no one functions purely on one or the other. Which you are according to mbti is just the one you use most in spontanious situations.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think N is way more introverted by nature, and as a funtion it exists mostly in thoughtprocesses of past experiences as well as potential experiences to get a sense of direction.

Whereas S taps the information much more directly from your senses, seeing, hearing, tasting. In order to get a sense of direction.

Ofcourse no one functions purely on one or the other. Which you are according to mbti is just the one you use most in spontanious situations.
    So your basically saying I could be both? There's actually a very interesting sports website which explains the body's functions and how certain types have certain strengths over others. check it out.
    BrainTypes.com - Body Skills. Thing is I like typical ISTP things, but I'm not a crazy risk taker. I'm even quite good at drums as I picked up drums very quick. Drums are very ISTP as they require hand motor skills.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I thought you meant "empirical" by that, jixmixfix, but "imperial" is an interesting way to look at it too.

Welcome to the forums.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I thought you meant "empirical" by that, jixmixfix, but "imperial" is an interesting way to look at it too.

Welcome to the forums.
    haha fuck...Yeah i meant empirical sorry im just waking up from a hangover.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I used to think about philosophy, psychology when I was younger. Not so much anymore.
    This smells ISTP to me.

S stepping in as you get older and putting you on the right track.
    wails from the crypt.