• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs . . . Why are You Messy?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, programming business applications that you map out in your head? That's a tough feat.

I mean, I'm currently working on a game engine where I don't do any mapping, but a game engine is considerably less controversial than a business application in terms of factors.

Altho, for a business application, if you start with creating the database you already have a pretty visualised layout of what the program should do in from that point of view it's pretty easy I suppose.

Hmm, maybe type related, maybe individual preferential. Hard to say. I can't really say I'm really that stuck in this form of behaviour one way or the other.

O

Oberon

It's because we live in our mental space, not our physical space. The physical space is only important inasmuch as it keeps the rain off. :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm, programming business applications that you map out in your head? That's a tough feat.

I mean, I'm currently working on a game engine where I don't do any mapping, but a game engine is considerably less controversial than a business application in terms of factors.

Altho, for a business application, if you start with creating the database you already have a pretty visualised layout of what the program should do in from that point of view it's pretty easy I suppose.

Hmm, maybe type related, maybe individual preferential. Hard to say. I can't really say I'm really that stuck in this form of behaviour one way or the other.

Not the entire application, but the individual pieces. The app was customer driven, but was based on an existing template, so to speak. I didn't design it from scratch. Just built new customized functions onto it, so maybe that's why it was simple for me. And yes, it was database driven.

I don't know about the behavior. I guess we need to hear from more people. Maybe I'll start a thread...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I'll start a thread...

Yeah, I was thinking the same. But I'm not sure I have enough incentive to actually create it.

Perhaps if I make a thread template idea in notepad.... :thinking:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:D
I'm to lazy to do it.
Where is an ISTJ when you need one??

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First we would need to get an ISTJ to be interested in INTP/ENTP differences. We may be able to trick one in asking if I am perhaps an ENTP or you and INTP.

Or does that sound too much like work? :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
To get them interested: tell them they are responsible for a new project that will add to the research of the published writings, and that utmost care and confidentiality is required to observe the subtle nuances between the types. The future of the MBTI is at stake and these findings must be reported. And we could only think of one person capable to do such an important job.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So at this point, we'll just hope an ISTJ comes along browsing this topic, reading our posts. Or hope we run into one by chance. Because in truth, we aren't actually going to actively look for an ISTJ, right?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:high five: laziness and pointless speculations, ftw.
we are exactly alike, research completed. :hug:

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
I can't deal with things being dirty or smelly. Especially with kitchens and restrooms. Unfortunately I always get stuck with housemates that claim they're clean and then leave dishes piled up in the sink for weeks.

I keep my space casually organized, but I leave out objects that I use frequently. No real point in putting them away. It's easy because I don't own a lot.

At work I have to be spotless though. There's extremely high standards.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not that pointless if we reach a conclusion. :D

In fact, I can think of two good points, this being the other one :hug: .

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am not messy.
I dislike unclean living areas and clutter. I always keep my areas clear of useless debris. I suppose my tendencies are completely anti pack-rat, and always throw something out if it has outlived its usefulness.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
First we would need to get an ISTJ to be interested in INTP/ENTP differences.

My ISTJ aunt married an ENTP. ;)

Aside from the nagging (which he has full immunity to) and grilling him to get back to work, she'd gladly take care of the cleaning and other chores. :yes: They have a pristine house -- it'd be a miracle to find an object out of place, with the exception of my uncle's work room.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not messy. Clutter builds up pretty quick, but I clear it regularly and guard against acquiring it. The messy rooms in my house are the kids' rooms and I make them tidy them about once a week or so. I hate anally tidy, spotless houses, where you can't feel at ease and worry about getting fingerprints on things, but I'm claustrophobic so I don't like anything that makes the spaces seem smaller. And I just like to keep on top of things.

cheerful-pessimist

MBTI Type
ENtJ
Enneagram
8w4
Tidiness is for bored people. As long as things are within a meter of where they're supposed to be, there's no problem. Who has time to spend a half hour hanging clothes up anyways? There's room on the floor that's not being used, and it's such a shame to waste space. :D

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Psh. Why is being messy such a big deal? I've got my laptop and books on the far right-hand corner of my bed, a sketchbook filled with half-completed plans for various projects I have going on underneath the pillow I don't use, got a few half-filled water bottles on my nightstand, my floor has piles of clothing on the floor (separated by state of cleanliness), and anything else I might need is in one of those bins that have wheels and slide under my bed, for easy access when I'm too lazy to get up.

I see no point in being clean if everything's already efficiently organized.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Cleaning is just too damn tedious.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
..............I'm speaking to a system, which is easily created, that will ultimately allow more time to do you "interesting things." In other words, it's much faster to put something in a logical location in order to easily locate it, or them, than it is to have to spend time looking and thinking about where the items are at present time........

LOL spoken like a real J type. I think J types are more tidy and P types... I know I used to drive my boss crackers, he was forever telling people to tidy up, everyone knew it was bad when I was moaning to tidy up....

I don't think it's an NT thing, I think it's an J/P issue myself

Lis

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My Fi gf doesnt feel good, if its messy. She then thinks of illnesses, bacteria and various bad parasites.

I just dont notice, if its messy or not. I would like to have for the future, if I own a house to have my tools and gear properly sorted, to be able to find them if I search them. But if there would be some dirt in the garage, I wouldnt care.

What I dont like are people who collect old pizza boxes or empty bottles, then I think of bacteria.