First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    last time someone commented on my mess, i said, "does it bother you?" to which they replied, "actually, yeah, it does a little bit." which got for them from me, "the cleaning stuff is in the laundry room. knock yourself out."
    Woooooooot!
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Because the external world doesn't matter doesn't matter as much? Hmm.
    Yes. A truly Oriental answer.
    And the correct one.
    It is about values.

Life is short. Do not waste it in polishing the exterior.
    Be bold. Be rusty.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

A life is best spend on the outer edges of morality. Live wildly, live broadly. Expose yourself to all good and bad. Thrive on the unknown. Shape yourself and your view on the biggest picture you can aquire during your short stay in wonderland.

You only get one chance. Why waste it on the safety of the known.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Tidying up is for those left-brainers with nothing more creative to do.
    SPs can be pretty tidy out of pure functionality. Being tidy doesn't take as long as you think - a few seconds-minutes on average. (On the other hand, being orderly does.) What prevents most people from keeping a neat place is their inclination for compulsive hoarding. They keep insignificant possessions until it clutters the room. Even at this point, the old junk would be shifted over to another storage area for the new junk.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    last time someone commented on my mess, i said, "does it bother you?" to which they replied, "actually, yeah, it does a little bit." which got for them from me, "the cleaning stuff is in the laundry room. knock yourself out."

I have a theory that clean freaks have a higher probability of skid marks because they are more concerned about draconian timeliness then they are about actually wiping properly. Who wants to conduct a study?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    SPs can be pretty tidy out of pure functionality. Being tidy doesn't take as long as you think - a few seconds-minutes on average. (On the other hand, being orderly does.) What prevents most people from keeping a neat place is their inclination for compulsive hoarding. They keep insignificant possessions until it clutters the room. Even at this point, the old junk would be shifted over to another storage area for the new junk.
    Who let my Mom in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

What prevents most people from keeping a neat place is their inclination for compulsive hoarding. They keep insignificant possessions until it clutters the room. Even at this point, the old junk would be shifted over to another storage area for the new junk.
    Indeed. That's the main reason when things get overly messy for me. I tend to not throw things away. But when it gets out of hand, then I have a purging day and throw all that stuff I don't need anymore away.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Who let my Mom in here?
    She borrowed God's omnipotent powers and teamed up with Martha Stewart. Together, as the divine cleaning force, they're keeping the world tidy by tackling one INTP home at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Indeed. That's the main reason when things get overly messy for me. I tend to not throw things away. But when it gets out of hand, then I have a purging day and throw all that stuff I don't need anymore away.
    My ESTP brother's way of cleaning takes him approximately one minute or less. He disposes things immediately after he's done. There's no "But what if I need this in the future?" dilemma.

As for my INTP father.... let's say there's still items in his office dating back from the 80s. Getting him to clean anything is as tedious as getting him to do the taxes.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

My ESTP brother's way of cleaning takes him approximately one minute or less. He disposes things immediately after he's done. There's no "But what if I need this in the future?" dilemma.
    Well it's not quite that a "what if I might need it?" dilemma, but I just don't think to throw it away. I just kinda leave it where I last used it.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Well it's not quite that a "what if I might need it?" dilemma, but I just don't think to throw it away. I just kinda leave it where I last used it.
    That too. I think what happens is the person had already moved to a new activity and forgot about those finishing details because they're completely immersed in something else.