User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ So what's wrong with sifting through hangers, trying it on, throwing it on the bed in a pile and hanging it up again later when you're not in a rush?? I figure anyone worried about what they're wearing in the first place wouldn't want something wrinkled or accidently mussed up just because it was in another common area.

I think ya'll are being extreme about this. It's not about being a museum at all, it's not some anal tedious tendency to be extremely clean all the time.. It's just about not being a total slob and making more work on yourself. Like I said, it takes two seconds to put shoes in a particular place, just as much time as it takes to fling them off your feet anywhere.. but the difference is, come time to vacuum, you're not Re-moving those shoes again while attempting to vacuum.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ So what's wrong with sifting through hangers, trying it on, throwing it on the bed in a pile and hanging it up again later when you're not in a rush?? I figure anyone worried about what they're wearing in the first place wouldn't want something wrinkled or accidently mussed up just because it was in another common area.

I think ya'll are being extreme about this. It's not about being a museum at all, it's not some anal tedious tendency to be extremely clean all the time.. It's just about not being a total slob and making more work on yourself. Like I said, it takes two seconds to put shoes in a particular place, just as much time as it takes to fling them off your feet anywhere.. but the difference is, come time to vacuum, you're not Re-moving those shoes again while attempting to vacuum.
    Wow you vacuum?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Once a week, yes I do. I dust every 4 days, approximately, in my room, and every other week I dust the things I hardly touch or mess with, like my books on my bookshelf. Keeping in mind, these things combined take me 5 minutes to do, as almost nothing is left out for dust to collect on.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Do you put shoe trees on your shoes like I do? Like I said, different levels for different people.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You put shoe trees on your shoes but then have no laundry standards or something??

Taking in mind, I'm assuming yours posts have hinted at there are areas where you assume yourself messy..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

You put shoe trees on your shoes but then have no laundry standards or something??

Taking in mind, I'm assuming yours posts have hinted at there are areas where you assume yourself messy..
    No one, I mean no one, is good enough to do my laundry! I am very picky about it!

My desk is covered in papers and receipts and CDs and books. But I know where they are all located...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ But then, doesn't that make your desk dusty then? I'd imagine it's quite impossible to dust so many papers and books off scattered like that.

It's quite possible to be 'organized' in the chaos of things, but organization doesn't always lend to being tidy. and then one wrong move, or pounce of the kitty cat, or spilt drink, and all those papers wet and gone in an instant? .. >.< Too much 'what if's for me..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

^ But then, doesn't that make your desk dusty then? I'd imagine it's quite impossible to dust so many papers and books off scattered like that.

It's quite possible to be 'organized' in the chaos of things, but organization doesn't always lend to being tidy. and then one wrong move, or pounce of the kitty cat, or spilt drink, and all those papers wet and gone in an instant? .. >.< Too much 'what if's for me..
    I do have to take everything off and dust it on occasion. Usually when I try to organize I lose things. "I know I put it in a place where I wouldn't lose it..."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I have someone come in to clean, because I don't want to be bothered with that, either.

But a glimpse into my organizational thought process which seems so clear to me:

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde
    I think I mentioned earlier (or in another thread??) that I keep my shoes that I'll be wearing the next day in the fridge (wrapped up, of course). That way I don't leave the house without my lunch because I have to physically open the fridge on the way out. The downfall is that I often change my mind about what shoes I'll wear, so I end up with like 10 pairs in there.

Then it snowballed from there. That fridge keeps everything contained and away from the rest of the chaos. So if I have an important meeting the next day, all my paperwork also goes into the fridge. Now since I rarely cook, the whole thing is quite stupid. I always have my shoes, keys, documents and other random shit in the fridge, but never any food. There is no lunch to forget.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

.. I have never ever heard of that before in my life. I giggled really hard what an interesting concept!!