User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Default INTPs, Motivation Issues?

Odd quirk I'm beginning to notice with INTPs around me. Extreme thinkers, but when it comes time to actually get them to act on it - they shy away.

Anyone care to elaborate?
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    Odd quirk I'm beginning to notice with INTPs around me. Extreme thinkers, but when it comes time to actually get them to act on it - they shy away.

i know a young one--18--friend of the family. haha. he's a big talker. goes on and on in a very entertaining way about how he's gonna do some crazy "x,y,or z" but when the time rolls around, of course, he doesn't really do it. usually. sometimes he will, however, just enough to really keep me guessing. i adore him! he especially likes to tell me his ideas/stories, cuz i really dig hearing them. he is truly gifted in his mind, especially with making up shit and making it sound real by using perfect details (he doesn't miss a thing), and just the right mix of reality, etc. i can usually sniff out a lier pretty easily (or a storyteller), but he is one who can actually fool me. i never know when he's being serious or pulling my leg, cuz he could have done or seen or experienced said thing (and does some of the time). he is attracted by the zany and weird...anything......stories, events, people. but, no, he's not the best at planning. but pretty good at follow-through. wants to be a physician. we'll see.......

EDIT: i don't find him to be lazy at all, but maybe that's cuz i can appreciate how hard his mind is working. or maybe he's been conditioned in a good family to be productive regardless.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

We're lazy, maybe?

MBTI
    INTP

I can't speak for all those who self-identify as INTP, but I know that that failure to act is a problem for me.

I think this is the case because I'm constantly juggling a multitude different ideas, trying to relate them, systematize them, prioritize them in such a way that they take their proper place in an intelligible whole that can be stripped to its foundations, its irreducible parts, its most basic ideas, so that their essences and functions may be easily grapsed, relations defined, consequences drawn out, and the extent of their explanatory and predictive power made plain.

It's easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer enormousness and complexity of it all. Sometimes, I avoid thinking about it because I fear I've not the ability to make a valuable contribution to human understanding. Sometimes it merely looks like I'm inactive, but, in fact, my mind is quite busy ruminating over some idea.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I was going to write a reply to this but...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I've always been good at thinking of things and beginning projects. However, acting out an idea or finishing a project are just things I struggle doing immensely.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Get them to act on what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTj

OP author: Read the INTP profile.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    OP author: Read the INTP profile.
    No. I will not read a report that has been made in hindsight. I want the real deal from first hand experience to form an average. People telling me first hand gives me what I need and it allows people to communicate.

Rather than some static and lifeless report.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    SEXY

Yup, that's why I'm systematically looking for someone who can call me on this and motivate me to act. Most of my current friends are horrible procrastinators as well though.