User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 54

  1. #21
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    INTPs are hornets when the nest is stirred. Not all of them, but a few rotten ones that make the nest look bad.
    well, in all fairness, is it an estp trait to use such harsh language? is that natural? my neighbor gf is an estp and she's very politically correct with her verbage.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  2. #22
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    well, in all fairness, is it an estp trait to use such harsh language? is that natural? my neighbor gf is an estp and she's very politically correct with her verbage.
    I am an extremely jaded ESTP and I'm unhealthy. Pay no attention.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    isn't the starting point for a qualitative study to take it back to the original source? what harm is there in that? it doesn't mean you are dismissing the current data, it just means you desire a different method for collecting your information. there are so many ridiculous (and fun!) threads on here, that i wonder why this one incites so much animosity. are intps like hornets when you mess with their nest?
    Interesting. It's funny how things can be interpreted so differently. I thought Haight's suggestion was valid and helpful. He never said it wasn't a valid topic to discuss, only that the motivation was actually to have a discussion, not to get facts because the facts are already there. This laziness issue is asked quite often in the threads, and in general. And if you have read anything about xNTPs, you will see that repeating ourselves is not pleasurable.

    I didn't even see an animosity at all, until FC3S got frustrated. Which words were the one that made you think there was animosity? This difference in interpretation is fascinating and is something that I would love to explore more at some point. Just not now. Too lazy.

  4. #24
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    I am an extremely jaded ESTP and I'm unhealthy. Pay no attention.
    Why do you think you are jaded and unhealthy?

    I think xSTPs can be quite blunt and dismissive if they don't immediately get the answer they want. Or if they aren't immediately agreed with. They see things in black and white, while I see all shades of gray. I know I frustrate the hell out of my friends who just want a yes or no. And instead of saying that I should just answer the question at face value, they will angrily call me stupid or whatever they come up with. And then say something like "this conversation is OVER". Which makes me laugh at they way they think they have authority to make me stop talking. I would never call them jaded or unhealthy, though. They are quite wonderful people and that's the one thing that rubs me the wrong way.

  5. #25
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why do you think you are jaded and unhealthy?

    I think xSTPs can be quite blunt and dismissive if they don't immediately get the answer they want. Or if they aren't immediately agreed with. They see things in black and white, while I see all shades of gray. I know I frustrate the hell out of my friends who just want a yes or no. And instead of saying that I should just answer the question at face value, they will angrily call me stupid or whatever they come up with. And then say something like "this conversation is OVER". Which makes me laugh at they way they think they have authority to make me stop talking. I would never call them jaded or unhealthy, though. They are quite wonderful people and that's the one thing that rubs me the wrong way.
    If you want that conversation earn my trust first.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    If you want that conversation earn my trust first.
    This is the kind of response I expected.

    When I see something like this, I automatically think you are challenging me and dismissing me. And the reason why I think this is because I don't know which part of my post you are replying to - the fact that xSTPs are short tempered in general, or the fact that you feel unhealthy specifically. If it's the first part, why should I earn your trust? Do you get where I am going with this? I would be offended because you came here asking to discuss an aspect of personality, but are unwilling to discuss your own type. And this is why xSTPs get frustrated with me - I think that if they just take the time to clarify specifically what they mean, it would be easier to get a yes or a no instead of follow up questions.

    Either way, I am just making observations, not trying to incite anything. If you ever feel that you can trust me enough to talk, I am always here. If not, well, I am always here.

  7. #27
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Interesting. It's funny how things can be interpreted so differently. I thought Haight's suggestion was valid and helpful. He never said it wasn't a valid topic to discuss, only that the motivation was actually to have a discussion, not to get facts because the facts are already there.
    well, to my mind this started a string of less-than-receptive posts:

    Apparently, you just want to talk to people rather than receiving informed, researched information that is easily obtainable because your question is within the top three Q & As of every profile....--haight
    i dunno, i read that as condescending and reactionary. but i do understand that he had just been rebuffed in the previous post by the fc3s in a rude manner, so fc3s probably had it coming to him. then aderack, smoothjet (?), and jeno (you) all made rather negative remarks, imo.

    This laziness issue is asked quite often in the threads, and in general. And if you have read anything about xNTPs, you will see that repeating ourselves is not pleasurable.
    can totally understand that. that's why i asked if that was a recurrent theme of frustration and henceforth, responses.

    I didn't even see an animosity at all, until FC3S got frustrated. Which words were the one that made you think there was animosity? This difference in interpretation is fascinating and is something that I would love to explore more at some point. Just not now. Too lazy.
    i mainly wanted to comment on the research pov. it is always preferrable, as far as i've learned, to go to original sources when you have a question, especially one that is not answered to your satisfaction by current 'research.' i think i've inadvertantly stumbled upon a sore spot for nt's? perhaps fc3s already knew this and was inciting y'all. but i hope my point stands on its own........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  8. #28
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    This is the kind of response I expected.

    When I see something like this, I automatically think you are challenging me and dismissing me. And the reason why I think this is because I don't know which part of my post you are replying to - the fact that xSTPs are short tempered in general, or the fact that you feel unhealthy specifically. If it's the first part, why should I earn your trust? Do you get where I am going with this? I would be offended because you came here asking to discuss an aspect of personality, but are unwilling to discuss your own type. And this is why xSTPs get frustrated with me - I think that if they just take the time to clarify specifically what they mean, it would be easier to get a yes or a no instead of follow up questions.

    Either way, I am just making observations, not trying to incite anything. If you ever feel that you can trust me enough to talk, I am always here. If not, well, I am always here.
    If you wanted to discuss a part of ESTP personality I suggest you head over to the SP forum.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #29
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    well, to my mind this started a string of less-than-receptive posts:

    i dunno, i read that as condescending and reactionary. but i do understand that he had just been rebuffed in the previous post by the fc3s in a rude manner, so fc3s probably had it coming to him. then aderack, smoothjet (?), and jeno (you) all made rather negative remarks, imo.
    Up until now, I was just observing and questioning out of curiosity. He told someone to walk away, so I asked why he was upset.

    can totally understand that. that's why i asked if that was a recurrent theme of frustration and henceforth, responses.
    No frustration, until now. Just tired of repetition.

    i mainly wanted to comment on the research pov. it is always preferrable, as far as i've learned, to go to original sources when you have a question, especially one that is not answered to your satisfaction by current 'research.' i think i've inadvertantly stumbled upon a sore spot for nt's? perhaps fc3s already knew this and was inciting y'all. but i hope my point stands on its own........
    Again, no sore spot. But I think you'll continue to believe there's one regardless of what I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    If you wanted to discuss a part of ESTP personality I suggest you head over to the SP forum.
    Thank you for your suggestion, and I will withhold mine, lest it be construed as negative. Because it will be.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Interesting, what started as a rather uninteresting conversation about the motivation problems of INTP's quickly turned out the show the differences in communication between ST's and NT's.

    My conclusion would be that this is probably more due to group-thinking then it is about the actual question. I mean, who cares if someone asks him about procrastination. I think most NT's are happy to spread even common knowledge, even if there was another way of getting to that information. I myself found it a very valid question, albeit one that wasn't particularly worth my thoughts.

    Play nice now people. Don't make me call the judge, jury and executioner.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJ with motivation issues? Or ENTP?
    By neurosci_student in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 07:44 PM
  2. [INTP] INTPs: do you have commitment issues?
    By baccheion in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 11:14 AM
  3. [INTP] INTPs - How do you deal with procrastination/motivation issues?
    By Eris in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 01:59 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP's - How do you deal with comforting issues?
    By Fluffywolf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO