User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 54

  1. #11
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    That doesn't make sense at all.

    Apparently, you just want to talk to people rather than receiving informed, researched information that is easily obtainable because your question is within the top three Q & As of every profile.

    Either way, it's obviously up to you. I'm just trying to help.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  2. #12
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    That doesn't make sense at all.

    Apparently, you just want to talk to people rather than receiving informed, researched information that is easily obtainable because your question is within the top three Q & As of every profile.

    Either way, it's obviously up to you. I'm just trying to help.
    You aren't doing a very good job when I've informed you otherwise. Come back when you can answer a question rather than acting as an authority.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    What he's suggesting is that you're asking other people to feed you information because you're too lazy to do the most remedial of research.

    It is one of the most discussed traits of the INTP, so the question does seem a bit tiresome.

  4. #14
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    What he's suggesting is that you're asking other people to feed you information because you're too lazy to do the most remedial of research.

    It is one of the most discussed traits of the INTP, so the question does seem a bit tiresome.
    In that case - what you are suggesting he is suggesting is wrong. I've done the research as far back as 2006 and turned up empty. This is not laziness, this is frustration. Now unless you have any other dumb clarifications you'd like handed to you, I suggest you walk away.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #15
    Senior Member groovejet02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    What he's suggesting is that you're asking other people to feed you information because you're too lazy to do the most remedial of research.

    It is one of the most discussed traits of the INTP, so the question does seem a bit tiresome.
    Seconded.

  6. #16
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    In that case - what you are suggesting he is suggesting is wrong. I've done the research as far back as 2006 and turned up empty. This is not laziness, this is frustration. Now unless you have any other dumb clarifications you'd like handed to you, I suggest you walk away.
    Why are you so angry and dismissive? If you have been researching the years worth of information from typists who have made it their job to collect a vast array of empirical data from subjects, what more do you think you'll get from 5 or 6 people on here?

  7. #17
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    If there's something I need to do that I believe is important in one way or another, I will do it and have no problem doing it.

    If there is something people expect me to do, but I have no interests, nor believe I need to do it. I won't do it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #18
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why are you so angry and dismissive? If you have been researching the years worth of information from typists who have made it their job to collect a vast array of empirical data from subjects, what more do you think you'll get from 5 or 6 people on here?
    It'll lack the shield of a middle man.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #19
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    That doesn't make sense at all.

    Apparently, you just want to talk to people rather than receiving informed, researched information that is easily obtainable because your question is within the top three Q & As of every profile.

    Either way, it's obviously up to you. I'm just trying to help.
    um. i dunno. i see you're a doctor and all (or are you kidding?)....but i don't see what's wrong with the question. isn't that what a forum (this forum) is for? i didn't perceive any animosity in the question, but i'm not an nt obviously, so perhaps intps are a bit defensive about this personality trait, and react accordingly?

    also, i've read pretty much every website and personality type description out there, and some of the books, as a lay person, and what i've found is some ambiguity surrounding the research that has been done regarding personality typing. i can't quote sources, but from what i've gathered keirsey, at least, is accused of being biased, and i feel this when i read him as well. not sure about myers-briggs, although i've heard criticisms of them.

    isn't the starting point for a qualitative study to take it back to the original source? what harm is there in that? it doesn't mean you are dismissing the current data, it just means you desire a different method for collecting your information. there are so many ridiculous (and fun!) threads on here, that i wonder why this one incites so much animosity. are intps like hornets when you mess with their nest?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  10. #20
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    um. i dunno. i see you're a doctor and all (or are you kidding?)....but i don't see what's wrong with the question. isn't that what a forum (this forum) is for? i didn't perceive any animosity in the question, but i'm not an nt obviously, so perhaps intps are a bit defensive about this personality trait, and react accordingly?

    also, i've read pretty much every website and personality type description out there, and some of the books, as a lay person, and what i've found is some ambiguity surrounding the research that has been done regarding personality typing. i can't quote sources, but from what i've gathered keirsey, at least, is accused of being biased, and i feel this when i read him as well. not sure about myers-briggs, although i've heard criticisms of them.

    isn't the starting point for a qualitative study to take it back to the original source? what harm is there in that? it doesn't mean you are dismissing the current data, it just means you desire a different method for collecting your information. there are so many ridiculous (and fun!) threads on here, that i wonder why this one incites so much animosity. are intps like hornets when you mess with their nest?
    INTPs are hornets when the nest is stirred. Not all of them, but a few rotten ones that make the nest look bad.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJ with motivation issues? Or ENTP?
    By neurosci_student in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 07:44 PM
  2. [INTP] INTPs: do you have commitment issues?
    By baccheion in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 11:14 AM
  3. [INTP] INTPs - How do you deal with procrastination/motivation issues?
    By Eris in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 01:59 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP's - How do you deal with comforting issues?
    By Fluffywolf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO