• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and others

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
What do NT's think about the other three temperaments. Being an NT, this is just to widen my knowledge base.

SP?
SJ?
NF?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I find it hard to look at just "temperament."

It's so limiting. I tend to prefer to look at it this way:

NTP
NTJ
STP
STJ
NFP
NFJ
SFP
SFJ

I don't see too much of a difference between I and E, but between something like T and F, I think there's a big difference (STJ, SFJ)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I find it hard to look at just "temperament."

It's so limiting. I tend to prefer to look at it this way:

NTP
NTJ
STP
STJ
NFP
NFJ
SFP
SFJ

I don't see too much of a difference between I and E, but between something like T and F, I think there's a big difference (STJ, SFJ)

Sure, I see what you mean. But ESTJ's and ESFJ's, for example, still have a lot of things in common, being that they are both SJ's.

To answer the OP, here are my thoughts (in brief):

SP...
What I like: They have the ability to make others feel comfortable around them, they are happy go-lucky and often remind me to chill out if I'm stressed. They are supportive and make very good friends.

What I find difficult to deal with: They don't seem to take life very seriously. Sometimes everything is a joke and it's sometimes difficult to have a serious discussion about something because they just want to have fun and goof off.

SJ...
What I like: They get stuff done. They are responsible with things like paying bills on time, etc. For instance, an SJ family member told me once, "When a bill is due, you pay it. It's that simple. You owe the money because you used the service and so you pay people their money right now. Not tomorrow, not next week. Right now. And when someone pays you money, you get it into you account as soon as possible. You don't hang onto it. If money is due to you, get it. Now." While I haven't always done this in my life (been responsible financially and in other ways), I have tremendous respect for this way of thinking. The "just do it" attitude. Shut up - and just do it. Also, as difficult as they can be, they are good people to have on your side (in life, in business, etc.). My SJ family members have helped me many times in life. When called upon, they often show up in a big way.

What I find difficult to deal with: Closed mindedness. It's "their way or the highway". They have little tolerance for people who do things a little bit differently than they do. Very "inside the box". When I'm around them, I sometimes feel trapped/suffocated. Like I'm being reeled into "the box". I want to jump out of the box and run away and be creative.

NF...
What I like: In my experience, they are (or, can be) very classy people. I have met 3 NF women and they have all been highly regarded, well thought of. People just love them. They are the type of woman that a man is proud to have on his arm when he walks into an establishment. Not that other types can't have this effect as well, but NF's are naturals at this. They are usually very smart and can hold a great conversation (perhaps that's just the fact that I share the "N" with them).

What I find difficult to deal with: They seem to be masochists in the sense that they keep allowing themselves to return to really bad situations in life. They have the ability to turn on you very quickly. I have gotten the feeling that I could be happily married to one for 30 years and they might decide to up and leave if it suits their fancy.

And for good measure, my take on NT's...
What I like: Very analytical with a sharp wit and sense of humor. Able to hold a half-way intelligent conversation on just about any subject. Even if they don't know the subject, they can usually look at objectively and at least discuss it with an open mind. Usually fair about things.

Things I find difficult to deal with: I think, sometimes without realizing it, that we have a streak of "the world owes me something" and "I'm all that and a bag of chips"/"I'm one of the smart ones". I have known of many NT's who have taken advantage of others, whether it be in a business setting or between family members or friends. I have known ENTJ's/ENTP's to straight out take advantage of people because they could (and then chalk it up to simply being more intelligent) and I have known INTP's to get themselves in difficult situations (by not being employed, etc.) and expect others to take care of them and/or not pay them back. And an INTJ whose spouse left him and he was blinded by revenge for many years because "how dare someone get the best of him" (this can be found in other NT's too, I believe).

:hi:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll play, here's what I think, regardless of whether it's correct or not:
NTP- Pretty awesome, analytical and funny, all in one. Sometimes I don't like the image they project of themselves.
NTJ- They're supposedly very nerdy (INTJs), but they break that image, and I find that enthralling. ENTJs have some of the skills that I want to add to my artillery.
STP- Absolutely hilarious and good fun to talk to, and often quite smart. And exceptionally cool :cheers:
STJ- Rigid, but loyal to their mates, I dislike it when they attempt to imitate my randomness by keeping things hidden (I don't want to explain any further), I like their outgoingness, and I like that they tend to like my humor (ISTJs).
NFP- Caring, Passionate, and just as silly as I am (provided that I'm not one)
NFJ- Very unique, I like INFJ sarcasm (and secretly enjoy how much they appear to like me), I haven't really encountered any identifiable ENFJs, but I like what I hear about them.
SFP- I don't seem to like these people much, we don't click right, but they can be amusing (ESFP) or entertainable (ISFP) :harhar:
SFJ- Very traditional, I find that they're often absorbed in things that I don't care about, it kind of alienates me a bit from them.

I like those that like me... apparently that's rather typical of EXTPs :laugh:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
And an INTJ whose spouse left him and he was blinded by revenge for many years because "how dare someone get the best of him" (this can be found in other NT's too, I believe).

:rofl1:

That's sounds exactly like an INTJ thing to do.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Allow me to campare each to candy, just for the intellectual fun it would be.

NTP: Charleston Chew E: Not Frozen I: Frozen! The Non-frozen one is a gooey, delicious delight that swirls the yumminess of chocolate and vanilla together into a creamy, delightful mixture in your mouth. The Frozen one is a hard, odd, akward sort of candy. It is nice and cold, but hard to get a piece off. But once you do, you taste that delicious treat that you always knew was there. Good humor sense, sharp and capable of deep thought while in the freezer.
NTJ: 100 Grand! They're dependable and have your back if you are their friend. They have a tough coat of crisped rice on the top.
STP: Nerds Candy! They're fun and different, delicious (In personality), and you can really eat up large amounts of time with them.
STJ: Candy Cane: They are loyal, organized, direct, and rigid. They are from a tradition, and give the sense that they have the experience of being out there for quite some time.
NFP: Everlasting Gobstoppers! They're very changeable, fun, and loveable. They care and understand. They come in many flavors.
NFJ: Skittles! They're different and delicious, sharp and fun.
SFP: Bubble Gum! They stretch and change, all the while keeping their sense of good and bad.
SFJ: Toffee! They're old-fashioned and moral. They are very hard to be around or reason with sometimes (For me, anyway), but if you eat them at the right time, the distinct flavor can really make a day.

I uncharacteristically tried to accentuate the positive! How weird!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
You seem optimistic. Are you sure you're an NT?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Noone of them knows what its like, and 66% of them dont even care, to wear your underwear over your head