User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    Thus, ultimately answering who is the best critic depends on the criterion of what constitutes the best critic.
    I already made this point a couple pages back. Unfortunately the answer is not exactly the point of the thread.

MBTI
    INTJ

So, hands up who reckons MBTI can be used prescriptively.

Much as I hate to say it, a question like the one starting this thread, with an actual application waiting in the wings, comes down to the person and their product, not the type and their type.

Don't ya think so?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    The natural promoter is the ESTP.

Also, if you don't understand how Ne plays a huge role in critiquing and analyzing, that proves my point exactly. Ti is precise, without a doubt, but INTPs are too single minded to notice if there is a deeper meaning than what is just presented and obvious.
    It's true that Ne can be very useful to an analysis. But Ti essentially is analysis. Making TiNe ideal.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    So, hands up who reckons MBTI can be used prescriptively.

Much as I hate to say it, a question like the one starting this thread, with an actual application waiting in the wings, comes down to the person and their product, not the type and their type.

Don't ya think so?
    I think a poll on the subject would give an 'objective' answer.

Or maybe it'll just show how many INTP's there are compared to INTJ's as most of the people in this thread seem to simply defend their own type. Good example of group thinking though.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's true that Ne can be very useful to an analysis. But Ti essentially is analysis. Making TiNe ideal.
    Well, I agree that an Ne and Ti combo is ideal, and I think the quality of analysis coming from an xNTP depends on experience, so I can't say if E or I is truly more objective. I just know I would choose either one over an Ni Te combo any day, especially if Fi is involved.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    INTJs will be prone to injecting too much of themselves and will approach the subject as it relates to purpose. INTPs will just analyze it for what it is, which will lead to more accurate criticism.

Edit: It follows that if you need the criticism to change the course of a project, then the INTJ would be preferable.
    Yup. "Best" critic is determined by the parameters of what needs to be accomplished. If you want an overall nuanced assessment of the nature of the item in question (or even broad strategy), go for INTP... the goal is to convey an accurate understanding/description of the item in question and how all the parts weigh against and interact with each other; if you want a practical assessment geared towards achieving a particular outcome or know how to realistically apply knowledge towards a goal, I would choose INTJ.)

It's basically the difference between being "open-ended" (comprehensive knowledge for sake of accurate understanding) vs "closure-oriented" (ingenuous application of knowledge to accomplish a particular goal).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I think a poll on the subject would give an 'objective' answer.
    A poll of whom? Encyclopedia article writers? They may perhaps be a tad pissed off if one didn't instead look over their portfolios.

We've all been played.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Well, I have officially hired an INTJ.
    I can't find an INTP.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

At least, not where I can afford to pay.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    A poll of whom? Encyclopedia article writers? They may perhaps be a tad pissed off if one didn't instead look over their portfolios.

We've all been played.
    I was thinking of a poll in this thread whether other forum members thought INTJ's or INTP's were more suitable. In the interest of fairness there would obviously also be options for the other types as they tended to defend their own type rather then choose one of the two in the thread title.

But all this has just been blown into the hypothetical world.