half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What makes you think that function theory is correct ?
    (just curious)
    I don't. It's just a theory. But in analysis of myself, I seem to fit the ENTP function theory quite exactly. Actually, this is the one thing in my life that I can say is an almost completely accurate description of me - even down to the age I developed certain functions.

I'm always curious as to why others do or don't believe in it. I like to hear different points of view.

Also, I am always curious as to how it feels to be unsure of one's type, since mine is so clear I cannot imagine ever doubting it.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    What type [in a vacuum] makes the most logical, unbiased, painfully true critique? I am looking for a type that is most naturally capable (and does so actively on the most regular basis) of making a summation not crafted to drive the nail in deeper, sway to their personal point of view, or even flatter/attempt to avoid offending.
    ENTJ, because their first function of "Extraverted Thinking", is the most unbiased, painfully true and objective of all.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ENTJ, because their first function of "Extraverted Thinking", is the most unbiased, painfully true and objective of all.
    How so?

MBTI
    ENTJ

How so?
    Because the definition of "Extraverted Thinking" embodies critical and empirical thinking.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Because the definition of "Extraverted Thinking" embodies critical and empirical thinking.
    I understand that is what you are saying. I do not mean to be obstinate or challenge your authority. However, I was hoping for more information in your answer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I agree with you whole-heartedly. Intuitive types are just so rare in the first place. I wish to hire a writer from a specific group of writers, but its a large group and I cannot possibly find out enough from all of them. I'd prefer to have them take a personality test to narrow the field and then compare their writing. And of course, as a J I prefer to have a definite answer in my mind about who "should" be better, and then look at their writing and compare. This process tells me a LOT about how healthy or just more about the individuals- imperative when hiring someone you may never see face to face. I'm sure you can understand how someone like me (an ENFJ) might feel uncomfortable working with, managing, and depending on people when communication is so limited. No facial expressions, no voice intonation... Ahhh!!!

Experience and credentials are nice. Writing samples are even better.
    Yeah, my mom is like that, too.
    She can't even talk to people over text, it drives her crazy!

Best of luck.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    Yeah, my mom is like that, too.
    She can't even talk to people over text, it drives her crazy!

Best of luck.
    Thanks. I'll need it.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Believe me, ENTP. I speak from years of experience dealing with writers and critics.

ENTPs are highly adaptable and can switch writing styles at the drop of a hat. The dominant Ne makes sure no stone is left unturned when researching and fact checking. The Ti is precise and razor sharp. The NeFe combo is very welcoming and inviting. An encyclopedia is designed for ENTPs - a smorgasbord of a million interesting topics, but in short segments. Also, ENTPs and ENFJs work very well together, and communicate well together.

I love INTPs and think they can analyze the death out of something, but it has to be a very specific something and they often miss some variables. The INTJs are also very capable, but I find them to be a bit dismissive and also too clinical in their writing style. Both of them, though, have such a boring, dense writing style which is better su. ited for tech spec manuals that no one will ever take out of the plastic.
    I'd probably give an ENTP the job of promoting the movie, rather than reviewing it. You're expert bull-shitters. But with critiquing, you don't so much need a large array of possible interpretations and new ideas to be created, instead things need to be narrowed down. Ti precision and analysis is more important for this and finding just the right words to clearly explain something.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd probably give an ENTP the job of promoting the movie, rather than reviewing it. You're expert bull-shitters. But with critiquing, you don't so much need a large array of possible interpretations and new ideas to be created, instead things need to be narrowed down. Ti precision and analysis is more important for this and finding just the right words to clearly explain something.
    The natural promoter is the ESTP.

Also, if you don't understand how Ne plays a huge role in critiquing and analyzing, that proves my point exactly. Ti is precise, without a doubt, but INTPs are too single minded to notice if there is a deeper meaning than what is just presented and obvious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

But bc you are an INTP don't you possess advanced knowledge on a variety of subjects? Of course Albert Einstein was pretty focused on very a specific discourse.
    In a certain sense, I would say yes.

However, I think that I'd like to point out something that most people (including INTP's) may not realize about INTP's. Most of the "advanced" knowledge INTPs ascertain from certain topics is probably due to them initially becoming acquainted with that topic and then Ne-storming the shit out of it in our minds until the topic "clicks," and we get the feel for it and the "Intuition" to figure out how things will or can turn out.

This being said, a lot of the "advanced" knowledge is being able to think on the spot and let events materialize. The more "expert" we are on a subject is more than likely due to being "expert" and reading multiple sources on the topic.

My quote earlier about things not being my forte was in reference to stuff like cars and sports...Stuff most other men care about.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;