User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Fuck this, guys. What are we critiquing? Two representatives volunteer, someone pick a movie, and it's on like Donkey Kong.

May the better critic prevail.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You, ma'am, are and remain ENTP. Email all candidates daring them to drink a quart of vodka and write about their childhoods.
    LOL looking at my whole entire life, I am not an ENTP, but I did score as an ENTP previously. Its odd, though, because I ALWAYS look toward the future and tease the many, many Guardians surrounding me about their Si. I find it depressing, and dark, and not me at all. That's where my unconventionality comes from. I am very much extraverted feeling as a dominant function, which is where I get my conventionality.

I regret to say that I take on my environment so much so that I mimic other types, although this is common among ESFJs and especially ENFJs (both Fe dominant).

I have great respect for the NT ways of the Jedi (heehee). I come here today to your forum because you have the most knowledge to glean for this subject (and many many more). And I have been surrounded by NT friends in the past, although I am very lonely for them and it has been a long, long time.So I learned some Jedi ways.

Still, at all costs, I wouldn't ever nor did I ever want to hurt the feelings of any NTs. I would like to think I can be trusted by NTs. But I understand how to show NTs respect very well, and that is by debate, which I very much enjoy.

In addition, I wrote a mean paper in school as an added benefit of learning from NTs.

MBTI
    SEXY

For an encyclopedia I'd go with an INTP. However you'll have to steer him in the right direction. Make the project a challenge to him. Set lot's of hardly manageable deathlines for sub projects and don't be surprised if he turns them in late. Get into discussions about the subject to make them explain and validate their decisions. Praise them for the work you are happy with, and honestly criticize them for the work they've done poorly. Make them sweat a little...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    For an encyclopedia I'd go with an INTP. However you'll have to steer him in the right direction. Make the project a challenge to him. Set lot's of hardly manageable deathlines for sub projects and don't be surprised if he turns them in late. Get into discussions about the subject to make them explain and validate their decisions. Praise them for the work you are happy with, and honestly criticize them for the work they've done poorly. Make them sweat a little...
    Thank you, this is incredibly helpful. And ty for noticing the barely mentioned but very relevant point that I will be managing them.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    As an INTP, I'm really good at critiquing things that are related to my field of interest (story telling.) Theater, TV, books, all of that kind of stuff. When it comes to other things, I'm not that good at critiquing because it's not my "forte."
    But bc you are an INTP don't you possess advanced knowledge on a variety of subjects? Of course Albert Einstein was pretty focused on very a specific discourse.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

INTPs are the best critics.

INTJs are the best strategists and implementors/inventors of novel systems.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    +1, my INTP friend has ADD when he isn't interested or pressured, but when he's challenged he flips to something more like OCD. All throughout school he has been stuck in special education classes because he didn't seem to be understanding the stuff in the normal classes. In actuality it was that he wasnt interested. He already knew it, but didn't have the push to do it.

This last year, though, he was in a self-study pre-calculus class that forced him to work for hours a day to be on track. He pulled it off.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    +1, my INTP friend has ADD when he isn't interested or pressured, but when he's challenged he flips to something more like OCD. All throughout school he has been stuck in special education classes because he didn't seem to be understanding the stuff in the normal classes. In actuality it was that he wasnt interested. He already knew it, but didn't have the push to do it.

This last year, though, he was in a self-study pre-calculus class that forced him to work for hours a day to be on track. He pulled it off.
    I hear you. In high school they almost wouldn't let me do final exams because of my poor grades and lack of showing interest. I was given the choice to do the last year again, or take exams at a lower level of education and not be able to go to university directly. Being the INTP I am I pondered this choice for a week or so, and then someone told me this choice they gave me was ridiculous and I should teach them a lesson for patronizing me this way and make my exams anyway. I liked this (presumably) INTJ's point of view and made my exams. I passed every single one of them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    What type [in a vacuum] makes the most logical, unbiased, painfully true critique? I am looking for a type that is most naturally capable (and does so actively on the most regular basis) of making a summation not crafted to drive the nail in deeper, sway to their personal point of view, or even flatter/attempt to avoid offending.

Assumptions:
    Most likely this type is a rational.
    Most likely the type is Introverted for pure internal analysis, also most naturally suited for writing as opposed to speaking/interacting/debating in groups.

I am hung up on the J/P:

Cons-
    J would be the most decisive, more likely to have formed opinions on issues already
    P's as in INTP's have extraverted feeling, thus more likely to be biased in attempting at times to not hurt feelings

Pros-
    J more likely comfortable with drawing an end conclusion
    P more likely to weigh both sides of an argument

Of course feel free to argue the first assumptions.
    However, please address INTP/INTJ.
    For the purposes of this discussion I take the definition of critique in the traditional sense of "discerning judgement or inquiry", and not its more negative connotation. I will discuss the two types individually before comparing.

The stereotype of the INTJ is an individual concerned with ends and outcomes. Additionally, we assume that the primary method of assessing data to be Ni. Thus, an INTj critique should result from a flaw in the functionality of an idea, or the belief that some pattern suggested by the given data indicates either an undesirable or ineffectual long-term outcome.

The INTp archetype is one more concerned with the possibility represented by an idea or concept. These ideas are assumed to be assessed primarily by Ti. INTp critique should therefore be that of logical consistency of qualities intrinsic to the idea itself, or one of the elegance of the idea.

Therefore, which type is the better critic is really a matter of the end of the inquiry, and thus the kind of assessment required. Both, however, are fundamentally concerned with the question "Does it work?", but apparently on different levels. Kind of a draw.

Side note: From personal experience, I think that INTjs are more helpful. They tend to poke holes in whatever you're doing and then tell you how to fix it. All of them are fairly decent at it, but the lesser balanced ones tend to extract the price in blood

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    For the purposes of this discussion I take the definition of critique in the traditional sense of "discerning judgement or inquiry", and not its more negative connotation. I will discuss the two types individually before comparing.

The stereotype of the INTJ is an individual concerned with ends and outcomes. Additionally, we assume that the primary method of assessing data to be Ni. Thus, an INTj critique should result from a flaw in the functionality of an idea, or the belief that some pattern suggested by the given data indicates either an undesirable or ineffectual long-term outcome.

The INTp archetype is one more concerned with the possibility represented by an idea or concept. These ideas are assumed to be assessed primarily by Ti. INTp critique should therefore be that of logical consistency of qualities intrinsic to the idea itself, or one of the elegance of the idea.

Therefore, which type is the better critic is really a matter of the end of the inquiry, and thus the kind of assessment required. Both, however, are fundamentally concerned with the question "Does it work?", but apparently on different levels. Kind of a draw.

Side note: From personal experience, I think that INTjs are more helpful. They tend to poke holes in whatever you're doing and then tell you how to fix it. All of them are fairly decent at it, but the lesser balanced ones tend to extract the price in blood
    I believe that your response has been the most cool, collected, and unbiased. But alas, that doesn't mean a thing bc you stand on middle ground (ENTX).