MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I don't know.
    Listen, I get the whole INTJ Mastermind thing, trying to improve a system and all, which I think is what your intention is. I am all about that. But please, do share. I also read that INTJs don't like to express negative opinions, or something like that. I know there is something at the heart of your message.

PLEASE share. I do not mind it, at all.
    I just think I might die, however, if I don't figure out what the hell you are talking about.

Have I thoroughly proved myself as an ENFJ yet w/ my moodiness and protectiveness?
    Or is it that you don't trust me bc I may be manipulative?
    I can't tell. My ENFJ manipulation superpowers are drained by communication lacking voice intonation and facial expressions.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    Listen, I get the whole INTJ Mastermind thing, trying to improve a system and all, which I think is what your intention is. I am all about that. But please, do share. I also read that INTJs don't like to express negative opinions, or something like that.

I know there is something at the heart of your message.

PLEASE share. I do not mind it, at all.
    I just think I might die, however, if I don't figure out what the hell you are talking about.

Have I thoroughly proved myself as an ENFJ yet w/ my moodiness and protectiveness?
    Or is it that you don't trust me bc I may be manipulative?
    I can't tell. My ENFJ manipulation superpowers are drained by communication lacking voice intonation and facial expressions.
    All right, fine. I do know what the lie is. And it's a tad harsh to call it a lie. Omission of relevant truth. And in this instance it isn't my job to discover and promulgate that truth. Coz that'd need me to use Ti. When I'd rather stick with Ni. But fine, whatever.

Here's my thinking:

First, this whole thread has ENTP written all over it. In this case, ENTP in drag. A largish group of people are inveigled to provide a great deal of input on a topic that is already more or less concluded in the practice of the originator, but nonetheless calls for still more and more processing because that's what Ne/Ti users do. And whatever the actual conclusion will be--that is, whatever is the whole, honest truth of the thread question--it won't be made public because by the time it's been found, the issue is already past and what urge does an ENTP have to provide answers for other people anyway when there's already other things to screw with waiting for attention.

Second, it is immoral to place type ahead of the person, and unless I missed it, no one said that during this discussion. That it is immoral is neither here nor there really, but that no one said it, or discussed it, means some part of the real, honest truth of the horseshit this site is dedicated to discussing has gone missing. People who want to know more of what's true about this particular theory of cognitive processing aren't getting the real deal. It makes them look dumb if they keep talking like that.

Third, why do ENTPs always want to be leaders when they so obviously lead through chaos only they're best suited to handle?

Fourth, what colour is the sky really?

And lastly, you're not ENFJ. If anything, you're ENTP trying out a new costume to see what people do. You're making yourself look like an ENTP indulging in Fe at the expense of Ti. If I have to pretend to the INFJ job, the best I could come up with was "what's the whole, honest truth?" Ie, asking you to do the job you're built for, Ti. Not Fe-ucking with people.

Sure, great, fine, whatever, personality testing is a neat way to whittle down applicant numbers. Also the one about not looking at CVs that don't follow the standard form. That stuff works.

And in a thread like this, that's neither here nor there. I don't know why. Someone else work it out.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

^^ Ladies and gentlemen, best example of an INTJ critic...

MBTI
    INTJ

*le sigh*

Fine. Typological caricaturez R us. Of the two, INTP or INTJ, the INTP will be the better critic. The INTJ will selectively criticise with tarnished goals in mind. The INTP, assuming no particular personality, will think everything into its right place, and probably won't get tired and bored actually writing the critique. INTJ, not so much into the actual presentation of the idea as into the generation of the relevant action, thus the actual production of the critique itself will be a chore, secondary to the marvellous and mysterious work of magic that popped the relevant insight into existence. Detailing the criticism is about as active as whistling Dixie on a building site, so the other thing about INTJ critics is they'll probably burn out in the job and be snotty at work. Fire that time waster now!

Unless, y'know, either one of the people instantiating the caricature has spent time bending their particular gifts in some novel direction and can do the job as set out before them to the contractual satisfaction of their employer.

Alternatively, frinstance, why in Jung's name would one hire an NFJ for article writing when you could try hauling an INTP out of bed before noon?!

MBTI function talk, even detailing type characteristics, is legitimate. It seems to me this kind of talk might be a bit like outlining the generic nature and character of what's in your toolbox. But, I suppose since people are broadly, in the "I am not an animal" sense, self aware and, again in some broad sense, capable of independent choice, something more than knowing their MBTI type is needed if one is to say I know that guy.

Like, say, if you're hiring, and you spot a CV with an INTP stamp on it, you could say, hey guy, you're the critic. And if the INTP says, aw jeez, but I'm a ballerina...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    ^^ Ladies and gentlemen, best example of an INTJ critic...

MBTI
    INTJ

Freaks. It's not criticism. It's course charting.

I am granted by Jung and all the ghosts of typology the right to yell here be dragons.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Alternatively, frinstance, why in Jung's name would one hire an NFJ for article writing when you could try hauling an INTP out of bed before noon?!
    I’m glad you hold Jung as sacred as I do. He was an ENTP, ya know. So for future reference, ppl who understand Jung cognitive processes understand Jung, but aren’t necessarily ENTP. Or ENFJ in ENTP sheep’s clothing, ready to lure the world’s NTP’s into a mass world plot to re-write history.
    I understand how someone w/o Fe might feel extremely distrusting of Fe, especially btwn someone like you, when looking at me, someone who has viewed the world through the eyes of Fe since preverbal years.
    And I know your real concern, pretty sure. Although I won’t call you a liar and involved in a conspiracy plot to take over the world. You are just defending yourself as good in ur career, no? Which I am sure you are fantastic at.

Okay, real answer to your q above: Bc not all of the writing material I need is INT-y. Plenty of it is more appropriate for NFs. I apologize for not revealing every detail in my plot to take over the world. Whatever it takes to make things more palatable for everyone, including INTJs like yourself

How dare anyone use their talents to accomplish their job. What a travesty.That's not what talents are for, they are for mass world domination plots. Wait- what would be the equivalent of your talents that might make me feel extremely uncomfortable?

*note: while I am being a downright snot, I am also completely comfortable with this game, and respect you for using your voice and challenging me. Its fun. Intellectually stimulating. I do believe, however, that's bc I enjoy challenges, not bc I am an ENTP. I wouldn't want anyone to put each other into a box according to type - which you've got to admit you were doing so much more rigidly than anyone else in this thread.
    Last edited by Afkan; 06-26-2009 at 09:17 PM.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    .... to lure the world’s NTP’s into a mass world plot to re-write history.
    :
    see, I KNEW you refered to INTPs as "your zombies" for a reason! It won't work, zombies (INTPs) are poorer laborers than any other undead type. We just soak up ideas (and brains), and veg.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    see, I KNEW you refered to INTPs as "your zombies" for a reason! It won't work, zombies (INTPs) are poorer laborers than any other undead type. We just soak up ideas (and brains), and veg.
    good pt. hmmm...maybe i should start a thread abt the type that would make the best zombie.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

naw naw naw, you don't want zombies cuz they're INTP. This is what you want, ISFJ Mummies:

Dedicated, well-dressed, hardworking, persistant, loyal to the cause! They move as slow as INTP zombies do, but they won't get distracted by decaying brains or discarded Douglas Adams novels.