User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by leejz View Post
    for the house - it was sort of a celebration after the end of a long project which the teacher supervised. one off thing.

for the smsing - exchange of phone numbers was supposed to facilitate communication during a project...but ended up becoming otherwise, haha.
    Then it's not a question of ENTP but individual maturity. If these individuals don't understand what professional boundaries are as a teacher...I think understanding their 'hidden insecurities' are the least of their problems. They are unbalanced as individuals to start with, how can you comment on any personality traits of theirs arising from "ENTP"?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

They can definitely have their histrionic streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    But funny fact, I think only an ENTP could honestly say they are 100% secure. Getting people to agree with him/her will be hard though.
    Sad/funny but true. I don't think anyone else affects my self-confidence like I do. But, I love how others get irked trying to disprove it.

Me: I'm a superstar, yo!
    Bf: No, you're not! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!
    Me: Yes, I am.
    Bf: What about you possibly makes you reach the realm of superstardom?
    Me: I think therefore I am
    Bf: :steam: Well, I can think I'm a flying space monkey, it doesn't make me so!
    Me: Why you would choose to be a flying space monkey over a superstar is the very reason you can never BE a superstar!
    Bf: AGGGGGGH!! I refuse to entertain you any further!

*huffs away*

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wouldn't project that behavior onto a category of people.

There are some serious boundary issues going on with those teachers.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can be pretty insecure. Mostly because my self is so diffuse sometimes. I feel like everything beneath the cover is Chaos and things that I am not comfortable digging into. Sometimes I don't even feel as if I really exist except in relation to other things, other people.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    entp

i can be insecure but usually only when trying out new areas of life

i once heard someone say 'never do anything that embarrasses you'
    i recently realize that i made it into 'never getting embarrassed over anything i do'

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by leejz View Post

Is this behavior typical of ENTPs - that they like to project a pumped-up image of themselves to hide the insecurities they may have?
    This is the opposite of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I can be pretty insecure. Mostly because my self is so diffuse sometimes. I feel like everything beneath the cover is Chaos and things that I am not comfortable digging into. Sometimes I don't even feel as if I really exist except in relation to other things, other people.
    This is me.

Most of my closest friends have no idea of all my achievements, accolades, degrees, the countries I've lived in, the languages I speak, nothing. I will talk about most things except concrete achievements because it feels boastful and unnecessary, almost embarrassing. I don't hide anything, I just never think to speak of myself in that way. What I did never matters, because it's already done and forgotten about - what matters is what I'm doing next. And I do such a wide range of things that I don't even know who I am, really.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely like myself and love who I am, but I never expect anyone else to. I'm fearless and have ultimate faith in myself and in my abilities. But I'm always very shocked when someone likes me, even as a friend. I always think I'm invisible and only identified by what I'm working on. And it doesn't matter because I don't put much thought into what people think of me, which is why it shocks me when people do. So, I guess I'm kind of insecure, but not in the traditional way.

ENTPs come in many flavors. Some are utterly beautiful and I adore them. They are very complex and multifaceted. They are my favorite friends of all.

However, I have seen the ones you describe OP. I have three to balance at the moment-out of about eight entps total. they are over 40, males. They are tearing apart my workplace and my teams with thier insecurities.

The insecurity issues seem most focused on thier ideas-they want them to be respected and cannot accept that they may be flawed. They lie, deceive, play politics, screw over hundreds of other folks, just to protect the integrity of thier idea. They hurt our teams and the people I care about.

Perhaps other NTs have these same insecurities but since the ENTPs are so good socially, charming and convincing, they have large amounts of influence and thus can cause organizational chaos. They create massive drama.

However-as I said-this seems to be a small percentage of entps, so it is not in anyway universal to all.

As for the other comments, my entp best friend and I are convinced we are both nuts. she told me the other day:

"You complete me. Between the two of us, we make at least three of us"

Ne is fucking special.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't get this from my ENTP friend at all. She probably has normal insecurities but really, she is sort of removed from all that. She likes to have fun and has to be careful she doesnt hurt people's feelings, but she doesn't have some huge vat of insecurity under the surface. Maybe I'm lucky and found a healthy entp?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    The insecurity issues seem most focused on thier ideas-they want them to be respected and cannot accept that they may be flawed. They lie, deceive, play politics, screw over hundreds of other folks, just to protect the integrity of thier idea. They hurt our teams and the people I care about.

Perhaps other NTs have these same insecurities but since the ENTPs are so good socially, charming and convincing, they have large amounts of influence and thus can cause organizational chaos. They create massive drama.
    I can picture ENTP gone wild, for sure. I know how simple it is to see where someone's weaknesses are and how difficult it is to stay on the straight and narrow path. I find myself making decisions not to manipulate every single day. Or not to strike as hard. Or to kill them with kindness first, before showing my claws. I could easily be a very good supervillian if I had a lesser sense of ethics or a more developed attention span. I don't see that behavior as a manifestation of insecurity, though. From what you describe, I see it more as them trying to confirm all the things they actually believe about themselves. The total opposite of insecurity. But again, I don't know the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I don't get this from my ENTP friend at all. She probably has normal insecurities but really, she is sort of removed from all that. She likes to have fun and has to be careful she doesnt hurt people's feelings, but she doesn't have some huge vat of insecurity under the surface. Maybe I'm lucky and found a healthy entp?
    I believe even healthy people have insecurities. I mean, I am the same way as your friend and am not insecure in that traditional sense. It's like Synarch said - being unsure that you are even real, a distinct entity. No one would ever know though, probably like your friend - you should ask her.