User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default INTP & ENTJ relationship

Thoughts? Experiences? Pitfalls? How did it turn out?

This said ENTJ has veryy borderline T and J. Moderate-high Extroversion.

It works if you believe it works. There is no definite answer.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    intp

Could be fun. I know all the entjs I've run into really appreciate an intps ability to look at their endeavors from every conceivable angle. The intp basically appreciates the entjs ability to plan and accomplish things.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Thoughts: I think the shared T helps a lot. With logic and reason, you’re good at avoiding most messy and petty love-drama that all romantic relationships go through. And I love the J and P contrast. Ime, it just works: I think my INTP bf is insightful and unusual, he thinks I am organized and decisive.

Experiences: I took the lead, and he observed and learned. My bf basically studied my every move; every kiss, stroke, reaction, mannerism. Copied it and gave back. Good and bad stuff – which I appreciate a lot.

Pitfalls: The INTP passive aggressiveness irritates me and has made some problems bigger than necessary. But the ENTJ will most likely confront the problem head on and try to find a solution to it. Imo, beating around the bush is a bad, bad move.

I tend to get caught up with work and lose myself in projects and other work-related stuff I’m passionate about – forgetting to pay attention to the needs and feelings of my bf. That has caused some problems in our relationship, but if and when you alert me to the problem I will do my best to solve it.

How did it turn out: I’ve been together with my bf for almost 2 years. We moved in together after about 4 months into our relationship and we’re still going strong.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Thoughts: I think the shared T helps a lot. With logic and reason, you’re good at avoiding most messy and petty love-drama that all romantic relationships go through. And I love the J and P contrast. Ime, it just works: I think my INTP bf is insightful and unusual, he thinks I am organized and decisive.

Experiences: I took the lead, and he observed and learned. My bf basically studied my every move; every kiss, stroke, reaction, mannerism. Copied it and gave back. Good and bad stuff – which I appreciate a lot.

Pitfalls: The INTP passive aggressiveness irritates me and has made some problems bigger than necessary. But the ENTJ will most likely confront the problem head on and try to find a solution to it. Imo, beating around the bush is a bad, bad move.

I tend to get caught up with work and lose myself in projects and other work-related stuff I’m passionate about – forgetting to pay attention to the needs and feelings of my bf. That has caused some problems in our relationship, but if and when you alert me to the problem I will do my best to solve it.

How did it turn out: I’ve been together with my bf for almost 2 years. We moved in together after about 4 months into our relationship and we’re still going strong.

damn...thats pretty cool

curious, you ever see the lack of feeling to be a caveat? or is that something you both relate to and so is a common point to laugh at?

MBTI
    ISTP

That's great. Thanks. How did your relationship start, what did you guys talk about?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    damn...thats pretty cool

curious, you ever see the lack of feeling to be a caveat? or is that something you both relate to and so is a common point to laugh at?
    That’s an interesting question. Honesty, I can’t say that I experience any lack of feeling in our relationship. Depends on what you mean by “feeling”. I feel really close to my bf when we talk about theories, ideas for the society, the future, conspiracy theories, plans on how to hold up a bank ect. I think that’s how we show our feelings, and where our feelings for each other grow.

As for feelings in terms of affection and affirmation, My INTP is pretty affectionate for an INTP. He likes to be close/intimate and he likes the random kisses and hugs. And also, I have taught him how I want him to show affection and what things I perceive as affectionate, so I honestly don’t experience any lack of feeling in the relationship. My primary “love language” is physical touch and my secondary is “service”. So basically, a stroke in my hair and helping me out with a problem, is enough “feeling” for me. That’s why I’m a fan of the T and T pairing. We’re pretty low maintenance when it comes to these kinds of “feelings” and we don’t need the constant reassuring. I’m pretty unfeeling for a woman, and my bf is pretty feeling for a man – so that’s a pretty even equation.

There are times when my bf says “I love you” and I instinctively go “Thank you!” and after a few seconds say “oh, and I love you too” – that’s when he starts laughing at me for being such a retard.

I think that the only time that I have experienced “lack of feeling” to be a problem, is when he is being super Ti, and the same goes for when I am being super Te – that’s when the other person starts feeling neglected. But that’s a pretty unhealthy state for both types, right?

And also, I'm super protective of my bf. If anybody gives him a hard time, in an unfair and cruel manner – I can’t help but to step in and bite the other persons head off. I don’t know if that’s always appreciated, but there’s a lot of feeling in that behavior.

MBTI
    IsTP

Thank you for the insights, Sn'P, I recently met an ENTJ and so far we've hit it off quite well
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
    That's great. Thanks. How did your relationship start, what did you guys talk about?
    I was an intern at this company he works at. I thought he was beautiful, but he showed little interest in me at first, so I basically had to headhunt him. Man, INTPs don’t know how to flirt and they are even more oblivious to other people flirting with them. Luckily, I don’t bother much with the flirting. I find being straight forward with your intentions is a much more efficient way of flirting. Either way, I’m a pretty aggressive pursuer so within a month I got him to kiss me. After that, we got serious pretty quickly – he wanted to be exclusive, when I told him I was leaving for 4 months to study in another city he wanted us to move in together when I got back, we met each other’s families and friends ect. and the rest is history. He really took the initiative there, which is uncommon for an INTP, isn’t it?

Our dating phase was pretty short, but while we dated and met casually we talked about literature, countries we’ve visited, our childhood, various thoughts, drugs, political views, played a lot of go and chess; let’s just say we covered a lot of topics. One time he told me: I want to know everything you know. And I guess we’re still working on that…

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    One time he told me: I want to know everything you know. And I guess we’re still working on that…
    *swoon*