User Tag List

123 Last

Question How many of you would like to see INTJ in tears ?

How many of you would like to see INTJ in tears ?
    If yes why yes ?

To me it looks like that alot of people in real life would like to see me crying while I am looking for emotional comfort/help in someone.
    It is not that they hate me it is just that they would like to see this. Some of them have even said to me that they have a hard time imagining something like this.

I mean, alot of people are placing bets when I will finally explode.

So I am wondering how many of you have this kind of a relationship with your INTJ ?

Are situations like his/her crying strengthening bounds between you ?

MBTI
    entp

i think it would simply cuz its a rare and personal to the INTJ...and a rare thing shared with someone has to amount to something

personally? i couldnt care less. though, if my INTJ friends ever cried withe me around, first thing id do is look'em in the eye and get an idea of their current headspace...then go from there

MBTI
    infp

No, I certainly have no desire to see an INTJ in tears lol on the other hand I'd like to see some of my enemies in tears.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Condolences. I would find that a bit exasperating myself. I seriously don't think that people who understand a little about introverted thinkers are inclined to fixate on their assumed need to cry. There is conventional wisdom that says people shouldn't bottle up their emotions and should just "let it all out". There is something to that, and maybe it is possible you are bottling things up. Although it might be they are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy where they drive you crazy to the point you will explode. It also creates a scenario where if you did need to cry, all this fuss would make it worse. Crying is not the only outlet for "getting it all out". Some people exercise, work on projects, solve problems, and some people don't have that much emotion that needs channeling in the first place. Online you seem to fit the last statement. The strengthening/bonding that comes from seeing someone cry is probably because it is an expression the other person understands.

I feel especially awful when an INT cries because it is rare and doesn't typically happen unless things are pretty horrendous.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

People tend to want to see me explode too, but they don't normally see it happening (out of sadness). People think that I am really scary as far as anger goes (but I never give them any reason).

I would not like to see an INTJ in tears, because it seems like that is an admirable trait in INTJs-their self control. I don't mind seeing other people in tears, but it would be especially painful to see an INTJ because it seems so...unINTJish.

garbage

Only the ones who are complete pricks. And there are a lot of those.

But that's not strictly a type issue.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, I don't want to see one in tears. I would prefer everyone to be happy (or at least neutral) all the time. But I hope that if I befriend one, and they do end up in tears (which may only happen once in their lifetime), they won't be too ashamed to let me console them.

To be honest, it would be hard for me to see an INTJ cry. I usually look up to them as stronger versions of myself. Watching them fall apart is especially frightening for that reason. Because it makes me realize that as fragile as I feel myself to be, I'm actually stronger than them when it comes to coping with and healing from a "direct hit" on my emotions. I don't want that responsibility...

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Condolences. I would find that a bit exasperating myself. I seriously don't think that people who understand a little about introverted thinkers are inclined to fixate on their assumed need to cry. There is conventional wisdom that says people shouldn't bottle up their emotions and should just "let it all out". There is something to that, and maybe it is possible you are bottling things up. Although it might be they are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy where they drive you crazy to the point you will explode. It also creates a scenario where if you did need to cry, all this fuss would make it worse. Crying is not the only outlet for "getting it all out". Some people exercise, work on projects, solve problems, and some people don't have that much emotion that needs channeling in the first place. Online you seem to fit the last statement. The strengthening/bonding that comes from seeing someone cry is probably because it is an expression the other person understands.

I feel especially awful when an INT cries because it is rare and doesn't typically happen unless things are pretty horrendous.
    Well this is going for over 20 years in my case so I think I would have exploded by now. Also I am making progress in my life constantly so I am constantly "on the move". So I trully doubt that I am bottling emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, I don't want to see one in tears. I would prefer everyone to be happy (or at least neutral) all the time. But I hope that if I befriend one, and they do end up in tears (which may only happen once in their lifetime), they won't be too ashamed to let me console them.

To be honest, it would be hard for me to see an INTJ cry. I usually look up to them as stronger versions of myself. Watching them fall apart is especially frightening for that reason. Because it makes me realize that as fragile as I feel myself to be, I'm actually stronger than them when it comes to coping with and healing from a "direct hit" on my emotions. I don't want that responsibility...
    Well I have experianced this as well. People regulary presume that I will be the last man standing. At least they give this vibe to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

No thanks, I don't see a need to demand the amount of emotion required for this. If one were to do that around me I wouldn't have a problem, I just find out what I need to do. Past that it's up to the individual and the situation...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp

Things would have to be REALLY bad before an INTJ cried.