• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] How many of you would like to see INTJ in tears ?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I find that very true. In fact a feeler I know hates it when I go off somewhere to cry alone. He thinks that I'm keeping secrets from him or something like that.

:doh: You let a feeler know you have feelings? Things are much simpler when you keep up the guise that you are a completely rational and logical person; completely barren of all emotion.

Anyways, why would you WANT an INTJ to cry? I always reasoned that they were more useful when they WEREN'T emotionally unstable.

heart

heart on fire
I remember when my mother died and my Dad (INTJ) couldn't eat, couldn't sleep and he looked at me at one point with such pain in his eyes and his voice strained, he said: "I want to cry, I feel it burning inside me but I just can't."

I think it would be pretty cruel to make a person in that situation feel badly because they weren't crying, he wanted the release of tears but couldn't attain it so why heap more stress on him by insinuating there's something wrong with him because of the way he's made?

There wasn't much I could do for him except protect his solitude.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of all the people to see in tears, this one in particular(maybe just NTs), but it would crush me. To have someone who has such a thick skin cry, it means something hit them and hit them hard. It makes me tear up to think about it.

silverlining

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hrm...

I'm an INTJ. When I cry it's after all preventative measures for it have been exhausted. I wasn't aware the reluctance to cry, or rather feeling that crying would be an embarrassment and unnatural, was such a die-hard INTJ trait. (I'm still relatively new to all this.) But it helps to make sense of my extreme aversion to outwardly expressing my emotions. Immediately after opening up I feel like an idiot. Always.

Don't make the INTJs cry. It sucks hardcore.

Last edited:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I never want to see anyone cry. It makes me panicky and confused.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not going for this. This OP reeks to me of validation seeking. Nuh-uh.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't want to see or make an INTJ cry.. my next thought would be, "Oh shit! What's his revenge plan going to be?"

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
Well it is just that they probably have a hard time picturing this so they would like to see it. Plus as far as I know feelers consider crying in thier presence to be a sign of bonding and trust in many cases.
(people are free to correct me if I am wrong about this).

It's definitely true. I remember sharing with the feeler-in-question some sentiments about my grandfather's last loving words towards my grandmother before he passed away last year, and how I felt that I've never seen anyone love each other as much as they did. Although I didn't cry in front of her or anything about it, I could tell that she really appreciated the fact that I opened myself up more emotionally, especially since I hadn't really talked to anyone about my grandfather's death. Definitely a bonding moment.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I want to see an INTJ naked !

What would be doubly fun would be if Über changes back to INTJ then I could get two personal fantasies satisfied in one swift strike :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't get what was so creepy. :huh:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't get what was so creepy. :huh:

yeah.....

I re-read the quote and realized it wasn't as creepy as it seemed at first.

But then, for some reason, I couldn't delete the post. So I just had to change it.

WTF???? Why can't I delete it?

Novascientia

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
No no no no no. An INTJ in tears would scare me.

Other people in tears...meh, nothing much.

But an INTJ?!

Then it's serious. Either that, or they are executing their evil plan to deceive you perfectly.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No no no no no. An INTJ in tears would scare me.

Other people in tears...meh, nothing much.

But an INTJ?!

Then it's serious. Either that, or they are executing their evil plan to deceive you perfectly.

My sentiments exactly... I know from experience.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No, I don't want to see my INTJ cry, unless she is overwhelmed with joy.

She didn't cry when she was born, she just looked around as if to say "Why have you summoned me?" That's just how she is.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
My INTJs don't cry. If they did it would be rather unnerving - they're sort of the only people I hang out with that don't require 24/7 emotional maintenance.
The one time one got really emotional and depressed on me, it was a complete disaster. I was extremely uncomfortable, made an excuse to get away, and later felt like a complete bitch.

Honu26

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can only speak for myself. I don't know many other INTJs, but to me crying is very personal and I am vulnerable because I don't have the emotional control that I usually have, in effect my emotional protection fields are down. To have an emotion so stong like crying that I have to express it, particularly in front of people who I might might not know very well or can harm me emotionally is a scary thought. I cried around the time of my father's death and the funeral, but that is socially acceptable, and shame on anyone who would hurt someone who is mourning. But besides that, I really don't like to cry/ can't cry in front of people, and if I do, it has to be a really safe environment. Not only emotionally, but energy-wise as well. I feel things and cry, etc in private but not in public or around select, safe people.