User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Interestingly, I have not actually come across an ESTP psychopath, although I have found the odd ISTP. Psychopaths are actually found to have above average intelligence in most cases, which is a feeder for their more narcissistic traits such as a 'grandiose sense of self worth' or being 'cunning/manipulative'. Cleckley describes the psychopath as 'intelligent'. You forget, Katharsis that most psychopaths are not in prison but are very successful in society, with their aggressive narcissism traits outweighing the effects of social deviancy and granting them the ruthlessness to flourish in professions like the business world. Where the psychopathic and sociopathic disorders overlap i.e. the reckless criminals who dangerously act on impulse without a thought to the consequences (high social deviancy, not as high aggressive narcissism), I would imagine a psychopathological ESTP to lie. Those smart enough to control their impulses for a greater goal 'Ne instead of Se', would be ENTP.

Although fictional and quite caricatured, two good examples of the two would be The Comedian ESTP and The Joker ENTP. One often resorts to mindless violence while the other plots and schemes before unleashing his destruction. Both are impulsive, but one acts in the moment while the other with a mind to the future and consequences. Interestingly, the Joker takes his evil to the extreme, strongly representing the psychopathic traits while the Comedian actually shows remorse shortly before his demise (like many Se users, he acts without considering how he will feel later). One shows psychopathic behaviour while the other sociopathic (AsPD).
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

An INTP accused of being a sociopath is just misunderstood.

A window to the soul

Sociopathic sure looks adorably genius in cashmere.

MBTI
    INTP

INTP´s lack the talent of manipulating people. Which ESxP have lots of.

You might be an INTP sociopath if you've tangentially moved away from plotting crimes, to creating the perfect way to catch yourself.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

INTPs are more likely to be schizoid or avoidant.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    A psychopath is no planner. He is destructive and focus only on the present moment. He possesses a shallow kind of charm and is a pathological liar. His lies though are most often inconsistent and ill-planned, thus easy to spot. When confronted with his lies, the pyschopath will just act like he never told that lie or cover it up with another one. He is also a lazy person who will try to manipulate others into doing what he wants. A real psychopath is nothing like the "movie-psychopath"; an ultra-intelligent schemer with aristocratic manners, who's hellbent for world domination.

As a rule, they do not possess superior intelligence. Just like the rest of us, they are all over the intellectual spectrum, ranging from "poorly gifted" to "genius". I'd say that a real life-psycho is not intuitive at all, in the MBTI sense. Most likely they are Se users (often their dominant function) coupled with shallow Fe used to charm and manipulate. They are not in any way representative of ESTP's, but I would say that most psychopaths would fit the ESTP function order.
    There's nothing to say it's impossible for a psychopath to be a planner hell-bent on world domination. They just need to lack empathy.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    INTP´s lack the talent of manipulating people. Which ESxP have lots of.
    ^True. INTP's are pretty assertive when they want to be; not resorting to manipulation. When assertion fails, an INTP might briefly become perplexed as to what's wrong with the other person before becoming avoidant. Healthy INTP's can be pretty selfless and good to the core. Easy going.

An INTP might stick around and 'play dumb' just long enough to confirm they are on the receiving end of bad manipulation though. Throwing out a few litmus tests in the process.

INTP's seem to be good about speaking up for what they want or steering people in the right direction with logic or logical questions to make one 'think' (not to be confused with sociopathic manipulation; not the same thing). I think it all boils down to good vs. bad intentions. I've never met an INTP with bad intentions that would plot out to manipulate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    You might be an INTP sociopath if you've tangentially moved away from plotting crimes, to creating the perfect way to catch yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    INTPs are more likely to be schizoid or avoidant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    There's nothing to say it's impossible for a psychopath to be a planner hell-bent on world domination. They just need to lack empathy.
    ^^^

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I may have been accused of being antisocial before, but only by someone confusing the meaning as "someone who shies away from social events."

I don't anyone who knows me would call me sociopathic. I can't come up with a good argument why (most) forms of life are less important than my own, and, if it is a viable option, I catch spiders, moths and other insects and put them outside instead of killing them. The only thing I have ever knowingly killed larger than a bug was an injured mouse, which bothered me intensely. I am morally uncomfortable with eating meat, and the idea of hunting (for sport, not out of need) is disgusting to me. All these issues, of course, derive from the starting conceit that human life is valuable. While it is true all my assessments in these areas began, essentially, as strict logic, once I found them valid I could transfer fully to emotion and empathy.

However: I know people who would call me inconsiderate or oblivious to others' feelings in a heartbeat.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

They're probably confusing Aspergic traits with Psychopathic ones, they can seem pretty similar.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety