User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Sociopaths do feel, they just don't show signs of remorse. Sociopathy is equivalent to AsPD which concerns destructive behaviour rather than a mind with shallow affect. What you really mean is 'are INTPs PSYCHOPATHS?'. Although I have found a few psychopathic people to have an INTP personality type, the majority are ENTP. This would make sense as the Aggressive Narcissism traits on Hare's Psychopathy Checklist include Glibness/Superficial Charm and Cunning/Manipulative which are supposed to be very Extroverted traits. You seem to think that a psychopath must have Fe as its Quaternary Inferior Function, which is a misconception. A successful psychopath uses Fe regularly in order to blend into society and such use of selective Fe (the use for ulterior purposes without holding the tool in intrinsic value unlike xxFJs) would suggest the function being tertiary as it is a function developed over time and is not the person's natural way of viewing things. Indeed, I have found most psychopaths I have tested to be ENTP and indeed many ENTPs not possessing the disorder have managed to identify with far more of the traits on the checklist than other types.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

ReflecTcelfeR

Oh, well. Alright, nevermind then. Thank you for the information.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    the majority are ESTP.
    Fixed.

MBTI
    INTP

Be that as it may (Echidna. Good info, thanks.) ---- I think the concept interesting from a socially interpretive view, despite the general misconceptions about what sociopathic behavior really entails. I too, have been labelled by degreed psychologists who were frustrated by not being able to 'read' me like they were other clients. Like I scrambled his system or something. The only other INTP I know irl, male, has had the sociopath label, among others violently flung at him in various conflicts with S/F. Of course, he's also been called an emotionless robot, which I do not find accurate at all.

There must be some value to the number of INTP's who have experienced this labelling - I tend to use it to modify my behavior into more invisible ways of being. Social shame and embarrassment have a profound effect on me. I expect to be different - can handle that - don't like being 'taken by surprise' by something.

MBTI
    INTJ

Not being emotionally expressive =/= sociopathy

I have not read too much about sociopathy, but a textbook psychopath would be an ESTP.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yeah, most common psychopaths I would imagine would be ESTP, ENTP, INTJ and ENTJ. And maybe ENFJ.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ

A psychopath is no planner. He is destructive and focus only on the present moment. He possesses a shallow kind of charm and is a pathological liar. His lies though are most often inconsistent and ill-planned, thus easy to spot. When confronted with his lies, the pyschopath will just act like he never told that lie or cover it up with another one. He is also a lazy person who will try to manipulate others into doing what he wants. A real psychopath is nothing like the "movie-psychopath"; an ultra-intelligent schemer with aristocratic manners, who's hellbent for world domination.

As a rule, they do not possess superior intelligence. Just like the rest of us, they are all over the intellectual spectrum, ranging from "poorly gifted" to "genius". I'd say that a real life-psycho is not intuitive at all, in the MBTI sense. Most likely they are Se users (often their dominant function) coupled with shallow Fe used to charm and manipulate. They are not in any way representative of ESTP's, but I would say that most psychopaths would fit the ESTP function order.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I've been called that so many times, it's completely meaningless. It's just that my life doesn't revolve around others. Doesn't make me a cold-blooded killer.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISFJ

^ nope. It only makes you a potential cold-blooded killer.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I bet a lot of young INTP's like the idea that they might be considered sociopaths. It's like cart blanche for acting like an prick/knowitall.