User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Could there be a correlation to ADD/ADHD and PTSD?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Senphi View Post
    The term "sociopath" is thrown around far too liberally, these days. Most people don't even realize that the word pertains to a personality disorder that should be diagnosed. As for the population of sociopaths in the Western world, most of them are already institutionalized or will be shortly.
    I'm not so sure about that. The incidence in the general public is around 4% by most studies. That would account for 12.2 million in the United States alone - our institutionalized population, high by most modern countries' standards, is only 7.5 million. Given that though more sociopaths are statistically imprisoned, that still leaves a very large population of those who aren't institutionalized, and likely very wealthy. For every Ted Bundy, there are many more Bernard Madoffs.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I have actually met one INTP who I would charactise as a sociopath. I'll explain:

- Manipulative
    - Can receive the backing of people who don't even like him if you go up against him
    - Pathological liar
    - A terrible influence on others
    - Laughs at the misfortune of others
    - Back-stabbing
    - Mistreatment of friends
    - Irresponsible
    - Screwed-up family life

He also had weird ideas and said some very bizarre things.

I also met another E/I NTP. While he wasn't a great guy and changed attitudes like most of us do clothes, he wasn't a sociopath.
    MBTI: INFJ (I: 100% N:58% F: 58% J: 84%)
    Socionics: INFJ
    Enneagram: 4w5 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

unhealthy enneagram 5 is the sociopath type, INTPs are quite frequently 5s, therefore they are associated with sociopaths. (haven't read the thread yet)
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought the unhealthy type 5 is a schizoid. I'd think the INTP would rather retreat from society than turn against it at any given chance. I didn't think the INTP could fall completely from empathy that easily.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

I'm a type five, and for some reason people seem to think I'm a sociopath.

Then again, to a lot of people (and especialls SJs) people think of me as a bit eccentric anyway, so that doesn't help.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Man this has hit a seriously sore spot! What is it they say about that with INTPs?

What is this frickin procilivity people have today for using major mental/emotional illness terms offhandedly directed at fellow human beings? Its a new form of namecalling to me and irks the holy sh** out of me. Number one... its a logical fallacy and I totally turn off when I hear it done. One I hear tossed around sooo often is "paranoid" (Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others) how the he## can any casual poster know something like that from a simple post? Classifying an "I" as that is IMO f'd up. Where are their friggin credentials? Its a put down, plain and simple... "irrational" indeed! And simply demonstrates the name-callers inability to think and speak rationally themselves.

As for sociopath or psychopath... those are about the most serious diagnoses one can hear. (as in f'n serial killer) Definitely not to be bandied about lightly! I would venture to say that anyone irl calling me that would either get a slap in the mouth or a verbal beating they wouldn't soon forget.

Suffice to say, IMO, unless they're a doctor or the person has shared that intimate information with them, anyone using mental/emotional illness terms referring to another human being is just showing their own ignorance, illiteracy and inflated sense of self-worth... egocentric in the extreme!.. not to mention rude, crude, insulting, insensitive b*strd behavior that really should carry the consequence of them winding up on the f'n floor. :steam:

Edit: I'll take profanity any day over namecalling.:steam:
    What can I say, I'm guilty. You drive a fine point. I am definately in the wrong. I need to annalyize my motives. I've only called one person a sociopath, and it hasn't been confirmed. I want to share this...

My cousin has robbed my grandma three times. She doesn't have much money. She keeps things, I don't want to call her a hoarder (for the same reason I should not have called my cousin a sociopath). Anyway, she keeps stuff and some of this stuff is valuable. Like 100 year old coins. He stole twenty bucks from me when I was 12. When his dad died, he didn't feel anything. He wasn't putting on a strong face, his emotions were completely absent. Well I shouldn't say completely. There were instances where he stopped to think about what emotions he should feel. I think he had sex with my sister (incest). He was also having sex with my next door neighbor and he seriously messed her up. He threatened to kill my friend (who is also my neighbor, and he robbed him at one point) because he mentioned a joke people were telling about him behind his back. He also had sex with a 12 year old girl. That 12 year old was the last straw (the sister thing didn't really do much to be honest). I believe in the sexuality of the youth but what he does to people is wrong. Also, anything a grown adult can do sexually to a 12 year old can only cause problems. So I threw everything at him to get some kind of reaction. I got anger, not passionate anger (like I just called him a pedophile anger), just cold anger. He threatened to kill me. I hope he will.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I think if an INTP was a sociopath, we would care so little about achieving goals (being the process over result type) that we would probably cause very little damage.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

ReflecTcelfeR

If a Sociopath lacks a conscious (emotion or at least guilt) then how can you even determine a type? It would seem that once you get rid of one side of the coin Feeling then type theory is out of the question as this theory requires the 'dichotomy'.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    If a Sociopath lacks a conscious (emotion or at least guilt) then how can you even determine a type? It would seem that once you get rid of one side of the coin Feeling then type theory is out of the question as this theory requires the 'dichotomy'.
    They could have Fe as a simple way of manipulation or to like other people around them feeling bad perhaps (like reverse of normal) or Fi to put their own personal feelings as paramount, I guess. Probably wouldn't work though, dunno. I guess you could be a type with no feeling preferences, like for INTP, Ti>Ne>Si>NOTHING!>Te/Se/Ni>NOTHING!
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."