User Tag List

First 23456 Last

My thought is that the personality disorders can likely be back traced to MBTI types pretty easily if you look at the absolute worst case scenario of a person's development and what might happen to thier type under the utter worst conditions.

When there life goes really badly thier natural type adapts/warps/twists in odd ways to handle this-and you end up with personality disorders. This actually might be a better thing to study/understand than the utter cluster that seems to describe the personality disorders right now. Totally my thoughts though so likely full of crap in a huge way.

My guesses:
    ENFP-borderline personality/maybe histornic tendancies
    ENTP-Compensetory narcissism
    ESTP-Narcissism and sociopathic tendancies
    ISTP-Antisocial and sociopathic tendancies
    ESFP-histronic????

I think INTPs would be more likely to be Avoidant and maybe schizoid but I have read so, so ,so little that I need to read a lot more. Not true sociopathic at all though...

Likely when poeple say this crap though, they just dont get or understand what being an INTP means and they just see different. I have lots of you guys around and, while odd, (like I am one to talk), you guys have a lot of awesome qualities.

My favorite INTP was about as enthusiastic as an INTP gets when I showed him the MBTI profile of an INTP.

He said he felt like he was part of an alien race that had been moved to this planet and survived but was mixed up with lots of other aliens. He said it made him glad not to be alone.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I think I could be sociopathic. People are scared for their lives when I go arround with my hands in my pockets. I'm "MOSTLY" harmless.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is one INFP who thinks that I am a sociopath, supposedly because I dont show any emotion and seem very unsociable. According to my INTJ friend/his wife. I told her that it would make more sense if he meant by 'anti-social', that i'm unsociable, rather than that I'm a sociopath. But no..she insisted that he meant that I'm a sociopath..

Rather odd...I think the real reason has nothign to do with my INTPish behavior and everything to do with how I stood him off when we first met..I thought he was being overly accomodating..and I was in my neurotic Ti phase..he musnt have appreciated my challenging and critical remarks i started off our discussion with..by which i of course meant no harm..thats just part and parcel of my analytical approach to life..but i bet he took it personally..

I'd say STPs are a better fit for the sociopath archetype. The folks who are resolute on appeasing their desires in a very dispassionate fashion, the pestilence of which knows no end because their are desires can be moved on whim..on mere impulse..

ESTP is the best fit of all, I'd say..the most impulsive and the least aware of how their actions impact others because of their inferior N..ISTPs, though with a lower F, tend to be more reflective (I), and more perceptive..yet one can hardly avoid associating the neurotic ESTP caricature with a rogue archetype..
    gosh i learn a lot of English reading your posts. i always always menage to lean atleast one new English word by reading your each one of your posts.

yes i think ESTPs are the most dangerous of all because they have no CLUE AT ALL what they are doing about. a lot of other types think that ESTPs are so cool because they are so confident in their actions. i think this is extremely incorrect. ESTPs APPEAR to be confident. i think this is thanks to their Se.

THEY LOOK CONFIDENT.

they really don't even know how to explore and dig into their own strengths. yes they have confident in their skills, but they can't predict the results of their actions. a significant difference from ENTJs.

but i think ISTPs are the least sociable og all types. yes they have a better understanding of their actions than ESTPs. but i think they are the least sociable. it's as if they think in their heads and put limitations in their own heads and come to the conclusion that they are sociopaths.

on the otherhand ESTPs don't have the patience to think and come to this type of a conclusion.

Lasting_Pain

Consider myself to be more of a anti-social and a schizoid.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Consider myself to be more of a anti-social and a schizoid.
    or Android like Data in star trek............ yeah yeah i don't have to tell you guys about Data.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I almost told my INTP roommate the same thing the other day. I had invited him to the Flyers Play-Off Game with me. They lost and he was mad, but he was trying to make the most of it, so we got some beer and were waiting for the traffic to clear. All of the sudden he decides HE wants to leave. He was rushing me so much that I handed him my keys and told him he could take off by himself if he wanted to since I was still drinking. Well, no, that just won't do, cause he never drives anywhere. So, he takes my beer from me and chugs it. Then, he gets in my car and I'm trying to down some water (hydration, yay) and he grabs it and throws it out the window. Now ok, I get that he is probably drunk and probably just being playful, but that irritated me. Later, we get home and he asks me to get out of my own car to drop him off at the house giving me no other option but to unapologetically point out that he is a selfish, inconsiderate ass who only looks out for himself.

It's difficult because on the one hand I want to believe that he will experience remorse for taking advantage of my good nature (on more than one occasion). But, on the other hand, I wonder if he really cares at all. Can't tell if it's really simply personality or if there is an inordinate amount of dysfunction involved.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I almost told my INTP roommate the same thing the other day. I had invited him to the Flyers Play-Off Game with me. They lost and he was mad, but he was trying to make the most of it, so we got some beer and were waiting for the traffic to clear. All of the sudden he decides HE wants to leave. He was rushing me so much that I handed him my keys and told him he could take off by himself if he wanted to since I was still drinking. Well, no, that just won't do, cause he never drives anywhere. So, he takes my beer from me and chugs it. Then, he gets in my car and I'm trying to down some water (hydration, yay) and he grabs it and throws it out the window. Now ok, I get that he is probably drunk and probably just being playful, but that irritated me. Later, we get home and he asks me to get out of my own car to drop him off at the house giving me no other option but to unapologetically point out that he is a selfish, inconsiderate ass who only looks out for himself.

It's difficult because on the one hand I want to believe that he will experience remorse for taking advantage of my good nature (on more than one occasion). But, on the other hand, I wonder if he really cares at all. Can't tell if it's really simply personality or if there is an inordinate amount of dysfunction involved.
    Sounds like the guy has big issues. This isn't normal and I haven't met an INTP who would do something like that. You should have called him on it sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Sounds like the guy has big issues. This isn't normal and I haven't met an INTP who would do something like that. You should have called him on it sooner.
    Well, that's good to know. Oddly enough, I said that and he was like "yeah, that's true." So, what do you do with someone who candidly admits to being self-centered and focused? Stay away from them? Then who will love them!?!?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Why do women go out with assholes?

(sorry, couldn't resist it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well, that's good to know. Oddly enough, I said that and he was like "yeah, that's true." So, what do you do with someone who candidly admits to being self-centered and focused? Stay away from them? Then who will love them!?!?
    Their mothers.

That's probably what caused the problem ITFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.