• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] At what age you developed your current MBTI personaility

At what age you develop your current MBTI personality

• Age 0-11

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Age 11-20

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Age 20-30

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Age 30 and after

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:huh: I hope you're being facetious.

I'm an INFJ... and I'm saying this about ESTPs specifically. Think about that for a second. If I were serious, what would that imply about me? Since I'm aware enough of MBTI theory, psychology, and irony to know this, I must be joking. :) Even if I weren't, it still would be very funny and ironic (though it would mean I was really stupid and lacking in self-awareness).

Jaguar

I don't think trusting ESTPs is a good idea. I know I personally wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them. They're quite savage, ruthless, quick, manipulative, and cunning.

If you must hang around ESTPs... never totally trust them, and never turn your back on them.

You owe all ESTP's an apology.

BTW, don't even try: "I was just kidding."
That bullshit comment you just laid on Qre:us, won't fly with me.
Here's a little history of your posts about Sensors:

"SP's are chaotic, random, aggressive, and rather tasteless. "

"Well, if people like those are Sensors... I talk to them as little as possible, because they bore and annoy me. They're like two-year olds."

"No, no... you see, sensors ARE supposed to BE the mob. We intuitive types are the victims of the mob."

"To be frank with you, I almost never consider S as a typing for someone I like "

Like I said, don't even try to claim you are kidding.
Your snide remarks precede you.
Knock it off and grow up.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I'm not apologizing. More than half of those comments were either very old, from before I'd actually met any SPs (and were hence based on stereotypes), and the others were taken out of context... badly.

You can believe what you want to believe about me. I may be immature, but that's my problem, not yours. Just do me a favor, and leave me alone from now on, okay? I'm no longer interested in anything you have to say.

Jaguar

Apologize to the ESTPs.
If you don't, you have no integrity.

musicheck

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
This is starting to sound more like bdsm roleplaying than an argument...:D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is starting to sound more like bdsm roleplaying than an argument...:D

This is very true.

Athenian, darling, look. Lets all put down the verbal guns, and stop being depressing.

I say we have a party! :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only if you bring some of those tasty-looking strawberries of yours along.
:newwink:

Oh, most naturally!

Who doesn't love a nice, excrutiatingly pink strawberry, with zebra chocolate dip?

C'est bon, mon ami!

I have a whole army of these strawberries :D

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Went through a long seemingly-INFP period in middle/high school, but when I was very young I was definitely ENTP. And now I'm back to that, soo..

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You know... I put the second option 20-30 I think it was... but looking back I think I must have been pretty close. I can actually remember the changes though.

Before age 7 when my parents divorced I was a bit of a clown and an extrovert. I liked people.

Age 7-19 I was most constantly INTJ

Somewhere around age 20 I began to have tons of feelings that I'd buried and ignored all throughout my childhood bubbling to the surface and became maybe an INTJ under stress, calling on Se and Fi most heavily, but didn't feel at all like myself. I made horrible decisions, cried a lot and had emotional breakdowns left and right while I tried to figure out what to do with all of this overwhelming excess.

Around 27 I finally found the balance I'd been looking for, oddly enough aligning with when I began learning Kung Fu. Probably not a coincidence.

heart

heart on fire
I've daydreamed my life away...a quiet rebel.

At about 33 experienced a strong onset of what I assume is Te, no longer content with being so quiet or passive, became far more cynical and have darker sense of humor.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Prior to about two-thirds the way through high school I was pretty much stereotypical iSFP and probably came across that way, after that point I completely shut down from the outside world and probably came across to others as a very serious, quiet and somber ISTJ kind of person.

Frank

You owe all ESTP's an apology.

BTW, don't even try: "I was just kidding."
That bullshit comment you just laid on Qre:us, won't fly with me.
Here's a little history of your posts about Sensors:

"SP's are chaotic, random, aggressive, and rather tasteless. "

"Well, if people like those are Sensors... I talk to them as little as possible, because they bore and annoy me. They're like two-year olds."

"No, no... you see, sensors ARE supposed to BE the mob. We intuitive types are the victims of the mob."

"To be frank with you, I almost never consider S as a typing for someone I like "

Like I said, don't even try to claim you are kidding.
Your snide remarks precede you.

Jag,

I think she is newer to this stuff and thus takes it more seriously than it really is. You can always spot the newbies when they talk about sensors as if they are a different species. I mean c'mon we all use s and n. I'd even venture to say there are many "s" types who have developed their intuition beyond that of many supposed "n" types. To paraphrase all of the psychologists and psychotherapists I have drilled on the subject, MBTI is much more useful as lighthearted cocktail party conversation than it is as way to understand others.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think you're born with the personality type you're born with, right? kinda like physical features. sure, they change somewhat with growth and time, but they're always fundamentally the same.

i also wonder how likely it is to have children with absolutely different functions than both their parents. for example, if a man is istp and a woman is isfp, how likely is it that they have 'enj' kids? not likely? doesn't matter? what?

G

garbage

I tended to keep Ne to myself, using it on my hobbies such as game programming and composing songs. I kind of suppressed it until I got into research, where I've found it to be immensely useful. Multitasking and brainstorming rules. Now, I also let it loose in social situations and in weird Facebook status updates, and I'm told that it "gives me a lot of character." Constantly. :)

Oh, and this.

So, to answer the OP.. how old am I now? :huh:

i think you're born with the personality type you're born with, right? kinda like physical features. sure, they change somewhat with growth and time, but they're always fundamentally the same.

i also wonder how likely it is to have children with absolutely different functions than both their parents. for example, if a man is istp and a woman is isfp, how likely is it that they have 'enj' kids? not likely? doesn't matter? what?

My dad's ENTP*, I'm ENTP*, my mother's ISFJ, and my sister is ESFJ. We've got a weird family..

I think there are some type and genetics threads that might be interesting.

*yes i have said otherwise; no need to point this out to me

Jaguar

Jag,

I think she is newer to this stuff and thus takes it more seriously than it really is. You can always spot the newbies when they talk about sensors as if they are a different species. I mean c'mon we all use s and n. I'd even venture to say there are many "s" types who have developed their intuition beyond that of many supposed "n" types. To paraphrase all of the psychologists and psychotherapists I have drilled on the subject, MBTI is much more useful as lighthearted cocktail party conversation than it is as way to understand others.

Frank--

Athenian is a "he."
I agree with the rest of your post.
Having said that, it gets old reading:

"why do NT's suck dolphin dick?"
" why do SP's suck tennis balls?"

It gets to the point where you have to just say: WTH is wrong with people?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Jag,

Yes.

Seriously, I say things about "Sensors," half-jokingly (especially considering that in the case of ESTPs, I should be complaining about my own shadow) but I wouldn't make any judgments about an individual until I got to know them. If I liked them as individuals, I certainly wouldn't think less of them if I found out their type.

"Sensing" is just the best way to describe, within MBTI, the qualities that frustrate me most in people. But there may be no such thing as sensing. If you want my honest opinion, I don't think Sensing/Intuition is a real dichotomy. People usually use it to mean several things.

The whole point of MBTI is that everything you say about someone else, is only from your own perspective, a projection of how you relate to that part of yourself. People seem to forget that and take part of the system with them, trying to apply it as if it were externally valid like an aptitude test. And along with that, people take things said about types as if it were a statement about an actual group of people, like racism, instead of taking it correctly as a statement of one's feelings towards one's own set of projected internal archetypes.

So, with that, I'll leave you with two thoughts:

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

"It takes one to know one."

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I remember being ridiculously argumentative from a young age, which is probably a sign, given my type's reputation. However, I was friends with an ESTP for a looong time, who was a fairly big troublemaker, which greatly influenced my childhood. Those were interesting times, heh. I think I acted pretty ISFJ-ish for a lot of that. It wasn't until she and I went our separate ways was I able to be my quirky oddball self, so around 12 for me.

Frank

Frank--

Athenian is a "he."
I agree with the rest of your post.
Having said that, it gets old reading:

"why do NT's suck dolphin dick?"
" why do SP's suck tennis balls?"

It gets to the point where you have to just say: WTH is wrong with people?

Yeah I get what you mean. I'm starting to think WTH is wrong with me for wasting so much time here. It was entertaining for awhile but as you said, it gets old.