• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] At what age you developed your current MBTI personaility

At what age you develop your current MBTI personality

• Age 0-11

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Age 11-20

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Age 20-30

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Age 30 and after

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
At what age you developed your current personality?

I remember I dreamed of taking over the world ever since I was 11. Then I started reading books about napoleon, Mao and Lenin.

I was quite shy and introverted in high school, but inside I was ambitious and determined to change the fate of my country. If I have to succeed like the great heros in history and make my mark in this world, I have to take many uncalculated risks. These people fought against the law and lived like criminals before they suceed, and many of them died for their dream.

Back in hgh school, the Se culture didn't really fitted me, but it made me realized alot. The people that stands out from the crowd are always EPs, they had no reservations about failure and their reputation plummeting to the ground. Some of these people reach the top, while others become fools everyone mocked at. But what they had in common is courage, the courage to be themselves, to perform in front of thousands of people and not afraid of being judged as an idiot. I know that it is this same type courage that shaped the forces of history.

As i grow, the the world made more sense to me, to do the impossible, I must overcome my shyness and introversion. I must go out there and risk.
Risk is what drives people to achieve greatness. the world seem so vast and great, and there is so much to learn from experience. education has never taught me what it is like to be a perciever. To be a perciever is much more challenging than a judger, because you have to live with the consequences of your actions. The people who climb the world's highest mountains, who goes to a foreign country without a dollar in their pocket, and who fought in the world's greatest wars are all percievers. They carry with them not a plan, but a determination to succeed and a desire to live their life on the edge. These are the people I aspire to become. To truly live without fear, one must embrace the randomness of this world rather than be frightened by it.

I had also become more emprical. I seek to learn from experience rather than be frightened by it, and put what I think into practice. I am curious about everything, and I seek experience more than truth. What works does not have to logical, but it must work in reality. I am interested in the abstract, but the abstract must be put into practice in reality in order to gain insight. Deep inside I am still sensitive about certain things, but I try to overcome these with logic.

I am really fascinated by this development, because I think I was typeless in age 11.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I have no idea. I've always been sort of a day dreamer since elementary school and began writing poetry when I was in kindergarten. So I think it's safe to say I've been at least partly an INFP for some time.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been heavily INTP for basically my whole life.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I broke traditional type so use function definitions instead, though type order wise I think I have always been an INFJ base with a lot of other springy functions popping out and cycling around.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was an INTJ child who struggled to fit the ISTJ mold due to a heavy Si preference in the household. I often attempted to suppress my Ni dominance with little success; my personality stuck out like a sore thumb. I was known to be the family's blacksheep because I typically viewed things differently. Much differently. Not to mention, I completely loathed family gatherings and wanted to be left alone most of the time.

Like the others, I didn't have the terminology for it back then. Everything clicked once I discovered MBTI and Jung. At least now, I've confirmed my weirdness. :laugh:

It took awhile for myself to be truly comfortable with the person I am today. In addition to being an intuitive and introverted, I felt pressured by my FJ family & relatives to acquire more feminine traits. Fortunately, I encountered other INTJ women once I started college. Things were a smooth sailing from then.

I'm always looking for new ways to improve myself and my strategies, so there's no real end to my MBTI personality development. :)

Here's a look at each of my stages:

Age Range/Function(s)/Influence

0 - 14: Si (SFJ family members)
15 - 18: Developed extroversion & Fi (ENFPs)
16 - 17: Accepted Ni (ENFPs)
17 - 18: Learned Fe (NFJs)
18 - 19: Improved Ti (IXTPs)
19 - now: Se & Balancing Ni (STPs)

I might revisit Fe very soon and combine it with Se. (ESTP influence.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea, basically I havent felt otherwise, when I was a child; just didnt know how to call it.

I was very curious, calm and inconspicious, when I was a child. Most of the time lived in my own worlds of 100 feet high war machines. Well that hasnt changed much till today :D.

Only thing that has changed is that I am more inclined to step up to people who give calls, I find are not right. When I was a child I was more into circumventing the rules by obeying them, but nowadays I grew more courageous.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
the entire time...became more pronounced in high school

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Honestly, I think since earliest childhood (I was horribly shy in the early elementary years, inclined toward being bookish from an extremely young age, always sensitive about feelings, etc.) However, I think in elementary school I was very inclined to adapt to what adults and authority figures wanted, thereby displaying SP and even SJ behaviors to please people. So I picked the 11-20 slot since that's when I remember being conscious of asserting myself as "who I really am."

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really sure.. I think very early..
Although growing up I've always been pretty changeable, I think the basic personality stayed the same and just developed. I go through shyer phases which makes me seem more introverted- always been on the line there.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Fi was really as apparent as a kid. I didn't really hold back. Even my high Ti was very much apparent too. I could be really snarky.

Ne...I honestly can't tell. I guess it's true what they say about dominant functions being so intrinsic to our nature that they work almost 100% at a subconscious level. But yeah, I had lots of weird ideas. Other people would stare at me at times. And I was like...yeah...I'm cool aint' I? Sue me. :tongue:

So yeah pretty much an ENFP since I was a brat. (what do you mean I'm still a brat?!!)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
19 - now: Se & Balancing Ni (STPs)

I might revisit Fe very soon and combine it with Se. (ESTP influence.)

Are you sure you couldn't learn this stuff from an ISTP or ESFP? I don't think trusting ESTPs is a good idea. I know I personally wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them. They're quite savage, ruthless, quick, manipulative, and cunning.

If you must hang around ESTPs... never totally trust them, and never turn your back on them. Keep your eyes on them at all times. :thelook: If you do that, you'll be fine around them. :yes:

Anyway...

I'd say I became clearly INFJ around... 12-15 or so? Before that, I was mostly Ni and Si without judgment. I had lots of Si-ish quirks, like not wanting furniture moved out of it's impressions (and insisting on it being put back in them exactly), or knowing exactly where everything was. This tendency was always fighting with my tendency to look at things in different ways and daydream/fantasize a lot. Ni won right before my Fe started developing, but it was close. I still have those Si traits to a lesser degree (I'll still notice if something larger than a soda can been moved from where it usually is), but they don't affect me as much anymore, and I now only tend to notice where I last left things I used, rather than just everything. I also have a much more elaborate fantasy world and spend most of my time in my head.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was about 12 or 13 and I'm nearing 17 now.

Up until about my early teenage years, I always thought of myself as an ENFJ. I didn't start learning about MBTI until I was 9, at which my dad told me I was an ENFJ, and always had been.

When I was about 12 or 13, my P started to come out. It might have been because of Puberty, but I can't see how the two correlate. And today, I stand a very strong P. It's weird..maybe I was an ENFP to begin with.

I did have some trouble about a year and half ago, thinking I was an INFP. I seemed quieter than most ENFPs, and more reserved. I started this forum thinking I was an INFP, but being here long enough made me lean back towards ENFP again, which I know is right.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
For sure early childhood:

On my Kindergarten report card - "Shows concern for classmates and wants to help them"

Easily embarrassed, as early as four.

Stubborn streak early on. Very specific ideas of what clothes I did and didn't want to wear, even at 3. (Loved the velour red jumpsuit, but no way for the Donald duck shorts!!)

Looked to adults for direction and wanted to please teachers from a young age. At 3, to my mum "If you die, who will tell me what to do?" Had horrible stomach aches from stress about my Grade 3 teacher who did not like the children and was waiting it out till retirement.

Trouble seeing the forsest for the trees when trying to structure high school essays. Wanted to include too many details. Same with telling people about a movie I had seen or a book I had read.

Early interest in music and art, which continued on.

Always had a messy desk, but could find anything that mattered. Needed my crayons to be neatly arranged according to colour, even if my books weren't organized.

Trouble seeing the forest for the trees when working on high school essays.

Tendancy to look down the road and prepare for the worst. Early elementary school - Used to lie in bed thinking how old the people I loved would be when I was different ages and feel bad. Thought about my sister leaving home even though it would be years from then. Had contingency plans in case I there were fires (complete with a blanket and thought out list of what I would lower out the window in it).

Early fascination with reading and writing - by about 4.

Perfectionist tendancies.

Imaginary friends - Huntry, Jackie, T Shirt, Candle and some elves that lived under our ship's bell and were treated abominably by the Tooth Fairy.

Only a couple of close friends at a time.

Early interest in languages. (Wanted to learn German in Grade 7)

Big on analogies even in early elementary school.

Some unreasonable fears (usually based on true stories that I had read) that I was embarrassed to admit to my parents but which were very real. I spent years covertly running across people's lawns because our school had had a big campaign about not talking to strangers and because my best friend's big sister had been abducted and murdered after they moved away from our town. I thought if I could stay away from the cars, they couldn't get me!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my childhood development was disrupted....or some what altered from the norm. I was deaf for the first 4-5 years of my life, so the introversion was a given, and I think my Ne (and perhaps my Ni) was developed out of necessity. Most children in my situation end up developmentally impaired, I was one of the lucky ones, I adapted. My mother used to tell me stories, about how she was sure I taught myself to lip read, and that my curiosity got the better of me. I developed more along the lines of an ENXP child, than IXFP. I finally learnt speak at the age of 4 1/2 when I finially got diagnosed properly, and got appropriate treatment.
I'm not sure about the Fi though, for a while I think I could have gone either way....I definitely spent a fair amount of my child hood "numb", due to a great deal of trauma. In some ways it's truly surprise that I can feel as deeply as I can. I don't think the Fi clicked into place, until I was eight.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always been analytical as far as i can remember. I think cause my grandad who is a medical scientist ans ex seorgoen used to tell me about science and i though it was kool how we could do all this amazing stuff by thinking a lot. So i always wanted things to make sense.

Then the last year Ne has really came into its own. I was always creative and dreamy but its only recently that i've realised that i could really use it to my advantage.

Qre:us

Are you sure you couldn't learn this stuff from an ISTP or ESFP? I don't think trusting ESTPs is a good idea. I know I personally wouldn't trust them further than I could throw them. They're quite savage, ruthless, quick, manipulative, and cunning.

If you must hang around ESTPs... never totally trust them, and never turn your back on them. Keep your eyes on them at all times. :thelook: If you do that, you'll be fine around them. :yes:

:huh: I hope you're being facetious.

I'd say that my Thinking was very apparent from a young age, because it would actually overwhelm me and be one of the quickest triggers of frustration (which also points to my utter lack of self-control when it comes to my own feelings, lacking in Fi?). A lot of my behaviourally challenging issues as a kid stemmed from my inability to have words at my disposal to fully explain my frustration because something in the world didn't add up, didn't follow, 1+1 =2.

*You're missing something, something is off...I can't explain what, but, the way you have presented it currently doesn't make sense because you've missed something, or are leaving something out/not telling me!*

Especially, if from an authority figure, which would make me not take them as seriously, be suspicious of them, or make me react with challenging behaviour.

My intuition was never something that I think I became conscious of, except for as a reaction to others around me. I thought my view of how I took in the world was so perfectly natural and self-evident.

*How strange you think. Where in the world would you come up with that?*

But, on the whole, I went through two main cycles: ENTP and INTP (with some random instances of ENTJ - the pile-driving, no nonsense, focused, self-appointed, leader role). But, mainly, xNTP... The INTP was when dire consequences were faced when I led with Ne (such as being thought weird, strange, challenging, chaos-creating/loving...and I was cornered to NOT be like that)...then, you'd see a very withdrawn version of me, which I would say was quite INTPish. I'm not extremely high scoring on the extraverted function as well.

So, I can't say that throughout my developing years, I would have consistently identified with what an ENTP profile is.