User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Well, at times when I'm playing chess and consciously forcing myself to think through a high number of contingencies really quickly plus, trying to dominate the other person (psychological effect), I can feel the blood pressure increase between my ears. The gears are turning and my head swelles up. If the game is really intense my face might even turn red. But in the 84-85 world chess championship match between Kasparov and Karpov I know Karpov lost a lot of weight. Indeed, there are times in a chess match where one's pulse gets as high as 160 bpm. Needless to say, it is very taxing on the nervous system when a lot is at stake (money, prestige, ego, or all of the above).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It's not a sensation of hurt, it's the same sensation as when you are exterting while playing sports.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's not a sensation of hurt, it's the same sensation as when you are exterting while playing sports.
    Oddly enough, I have never experienced anywhere near the same pressure from sports as I have from a chess match. Shrug. I guess I just don't give enough of a shit about sports to feel completely taxed by having to focus so intensely on it.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    XNTJ

lol.....how about missing the idea thinking of part of an idea when it's time to
    put an idea into action? that can make your head hurt! But like they say the
    show must go on. (how i determined i was entj...lol because I can do somethi
    ng anyways if I think there's even a grain of rice sized chance that it might wo
    rk.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Oddly enough, I have never experienced anywhere near the same pressure from sports as I have from a chess match. Shrug. I guess I just don't give enough of a shit about sports to feel completely taxed by having to focus so intensely on it.
    It's not easy to feel it in sports like soccer, or basketball. But cycling uphill can be really, really taxing on certain slopes
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    TNT

Only when I'm alone for a long period of time. Then I just want to have fun.

When I'm thinking to solve someone's problem it actually feels good.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

i miss my brain, its a real floater these days, definitely some sort of frontal lobe interference.

yes, yes it hurts to think, especially when i have to do complex mathematical calculations. and trying to be creative too, that went along with my imagination. now that is subjective since that comes and goes like growth spurts here and there but it sure feels odd.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I get a headache when I think about the idiocy of the world
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    I get a headache when I think about the idiocy of the world
    This is probably somewhat in jest, but it's actually really true for me. I get on these trains of thought where I just keep thinking, "But why?" Why do we more or less only hear one perspective on history or current events, what happens to all of the other perspectives when enough time has passed, how we as a society can be so accepting of things at face value?...etc., etc. Or when any one thing is blatantly illogical and the people involved are unwilling to make changes. My head literally does hurt if I think about it too much.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

When I put my brain together with my INFP counterpart for hours on end, the conclusions we come up with sometimes burn my brain out. I can fall too far into revelation and at some point I just want to bring about an end to it.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4