User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    YaYa

Default INTx-Smile Powers?

So my first thought was to put this in INTPc but this probably applies to Js and it kind of messed up there any now.

It is easy for us INT to insult, to dominate, to incite negative emotions in others. But what about positive?

On the rare days I am in a good mood, I can sometimes be seen smiling. And sometimes I will smile at others. When I do they totally light up. And I get this weird sense of power. The power to totally change someones day for the better

Because we rarely use it, do we have "smile super powers"?

MBTI
    intp

I save my dour meanness for the net (:rolli. I not infrequently smile and compliment people IRL.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

This may come as a surprise to you, but, interestingly enough, smiling at others, regardless of your MBTI type, will generally increase their level of happiness.

That is, everyone has these "smile super powers" of which you speak.
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Engler View Post
    This may come as a surprise to you, but, interestingly enough, smiling at others, regardless of your MBTI type, will generally increase their level of happiness. That is, everyone has these "smile super powers" of which you speak.
    This.

You smile at people -- not just with your lips but your eyes -- and a lot of them will suddenly respond to you. Pretty amazing stuff. The social cues and emotional responses are almost inborn or at least culturally reinforced.

I do it well, but it exhausts me because I'm not a natural emoter.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Engler View Post
    This may come as a surprise to you, but, interestingly enough, smiling at others, regardless of your MBTI type, will generally increase their level of happiness.

That is, everyone has these "smile super powers" of which you speak.
    Yes, but I do presume that he means that since we smile so rarely, and we have such little practice at it, that our smiles are actually categorically/physically different somehow, and that in turn illcits a stronger response.

Basically, an INTP smile will always be a genuine smile, because we don't do that "fake smile" shit, right? So an INTPing smiling might be viewed as special. INTP smiles are not phony ones. People can notice those things.

EDIT: wait, was this about INTP smiles or INT? I dunno, doesnt matter, but I know what he's saying

MBTI
    INTP

Well ... INTPs do have Fe as one of their functions. It is the inferior function, and it comes out raw and childlike at times ... but a childlike smile can certainly win over some hearts Not sure how that applies to INTJs, as Fi is one of their functions.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

^ yeah that's exactly it, a "childlike" smile. Surly that would have super powers.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Basically, an INTP smile will always be a genuine smile, because we don't do that "fake smile" shit, right? So an INTPing smiling might be viewed as special. INTP smiles are not phony ones. People can notice those things.
    Actually, I frequently wear a faux smile around people I do not know well, so as to shorten the duration of any conversations that may arise. My natural expression causes others to assume that I am depressed, which, of course, causes them to ask me annoying questions, such as "Are you OK?"
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

MBTI
    YaYa

Yeah I think NH might've hit it.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I can do the whole smiley friendly bit with people I don't know well or just bump into pretty easily, otherwise if I try to do a fake smile it looks really forced. It's like I can only access the right combination of muscle memory to make a real smile when there's actually something behind it. Though I've been told that my smile is really more of a smirk.