User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This.

You smile at people -- not just with your lips but your eyes -- and a lot of them will suddenly respond to you. Pretty amazing stuff. The social cues and emotional responses are almost inborn or at least culturally reinforced.

I do it well, but it exhausts me because I'm not a natural emoter.
    I do exactly the same thing. Especially in social situations with unfamiliar people. When I'm with friends or alone I hardly ever smile. I sometimes try to smile when I'm just walking down the street but I find it hard to keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I can do the whole smiley friendly bit with people I don't know well or just bump into pretty easily, otherwise if I try to do a fake smile it looks really forced. It's like I can only access the right combination of muscle memory to make a real smile when there's actually something behind it. Though I've been told that my smile is really more of a smirk.
    Try thinking of something happy. When I feel it would useful for me to smile I think of good memories that have a particularly good emotional memory attached to them. Like times when I achieved something special, or when I was first meeting a person that later changed my life for the better.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Try thinking of something happy. When I feel it would useful for me to smile I think of good memories that have a particularly good emotional memory attached to them. Like times when I achieved something special, or when I was first meeting a person that later changed my life for the better.
    Yeah I've done that sometimes, not on purpose. It's usually a memory of something that was funny, and I laugh or chuckle. This probably doesn't reinforce the INTPs sanity to others though.