User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I'm sure my organization would benefit the poor in some way if its goal is to benefit all of humanity. To just give it away though with no plan for it would be irresponsible. It might benefit a few when it could have been the seed for a way to benefit masses.

Edit. In reply to

How come no one said give it to the poor.
    I thought NTs have some constructive ways to spend their money efficiently other than to satisfy their own indulgence

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Besides paying for school and books and DVDs and all that ordinary stuff:

1. Money into (genetic) development of super crops (don't exhaust the soil, easy to grow in less optimal climates, etc.) I saw a Nobel Peace Prized guy on PBS who talked about this avenue of solving the world hunger crisis and I was very impressed.

2. Pool membership. (Always wanted to swim lots, never had the resources.) Maybe take that final lifeguard training class?

I don't know. Never been rich. Never had to wonder how I'd spend money.

ETA (after reading some response):

3. Invest money in microfinance (where you loan money to small businesses)- providing motivated, well-planning people with just the little necessary capital to succeed.

4. Winter trip to Yosemite. I love Yosemite in the winter.

5. Enable more efficient giving structures. Lots of extra waste in this world that we can use I think if there is more clear, advertised ways that stuff group A doesn't need can go to group B, etc. And services lots of people can give but they don't know there's a need, or where there's a need.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

A desk,

Computer,

Appartment,

put mone in the bank, and live off the interest for the rest of my life. I have no idea what i'll do with alot of money.

I heard there wasan INTP geek who started a dating website and is making 100 million a year. He lives in vancouver or somewhere.

This proves that hard work does not necessary equate with rich.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I heard there wasan INTP geek who started a dating website and is making 100 million a year. He lives in vancouver or somewhere.

This proves that hard work does not necessary equate with rich.
    I have to disagree Cloud. I think your confusing noble work with hard work. It might have taken quite alot of effort to get that site up and running and profitable. Granted there are some lucky individuals who hit a niche with the stars behind them and just get plain lucky. They are pretty few and far between though.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Pay off the mortgages of my close family members and a friend or two. Be a silent partner in a couple of quality, high-growth potential businesses with good management. Create and build an organization that benefits humanity overall, and at the same time allows me to travel the world with my family. Definitely hit a world poker tour event or two while on my travels. I'm sure a ton of other stuff that I'm not thinking of at the moment too.
    This sounds like a good plan, minus the poker for me.

I'd like to pour a lot of money into some no-kill animal shelters, as well as programs that would sponsor free spay/neuters in poor communities. I would donate a chunk to cancer research, as well. I would help friends get out of debt, and I would probably take a group of friends on a monster world trip. I'd build my dream home to specification, including a huge music room and studio.

I think it would be fun to do that thing that Santa guy used to do--just kind of walk up to people during the holidays and randomly hand them $100.
    Something Witty

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    How come no one said give it to the poor.
    I thought NTs have some constructive ways to spend their money efficiently other than to satisfy their own indulgence.
    One has to take care of one's self before one is in a position to take care of others. Didn't you ever read the airplane safety guide?

I'm actually just inclined to ignore money, so long as I'm getting what I need on a basic level. It seems like too much bother to figure out what to do with the rest of it. Maybe if I were to become inspired, I could find some use. That takes constructive time to myself, though. Thus, return to post #6.

MBTI
    ENTP

Toyota pickup, for sure. Then travelling all round the world, I'd just spend my entire life travelling for the rest of my days, living out of my car. I'd have one on each continent to save on shipping lol

Whilst travelling, I'd learn all sorts of shit, skills and traditions of peoples all over the world. Would love to stay with the Kalahari bushmen for example, and learn to hunt and stuff, and with the Eskimos and learn to build igloos and make like, a perpetual motion engine out of reindeer antlers
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Phantonym

I'd use it all on myself and the people close to me. I'd like to keep low key but emphasize quality and comfort. Huge houses and lots of things are not really to my taste. I'd like to travel and collect emotions.

What I like about being rich is the freedom and security. I'd like to think that I can do things but I don't really have to if I don't want to.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

I might get one of these. That's about seventy bucks, there.

http://image.sellerinside.com/album_...2/si_27106.jpg