123 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Default MBTI + Functions = Frustration

At this point, I have essentially given up on attempting to link my MBTI type to a given set of cognitive functions, for the following reasons:

1) Without attempting to delve into functions, I identify fairly well with the INTP personality type. I enjoy theorizing, and I tend to keep to myself. I am independent, skeptical, and fascinated by science.

2)...However, after studying the various functions, and after taking numerous tests, it would seem as though my most developed function is introverted intuition, followed closely by extraverted intuition.

3) Furthermore, my introverted feeling is also very developed, despite the fact that I have a strong thinking preference.

I would say that my "cognitive function preference list" looks something like this:

Ni - Ne - Ti - Fi - Te - Si - Se - Fe

In any event, I am clearly not an INTJ (my Pness is colossal).

And so, my question is this: Is there any reason to doubt my INTPness, or is it simply an unusual, but insignificant, personal characteristic?
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Hmm I tend to think of function order as seperate from function development. You can have well developed functions outside of (or even above) your natural order.

To me:

Function order = nature
    Function development = nuture

So if you relate to the INTP type description and see that as closest (doesn't need to fit perfectly) to your natural/default state then I would say you're INTP with function development outside your natural order, INTP nonetheless
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Function order = nature
    Function development = nuture
    What good is the "function order" then, if it doesn't reflect reality?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    What good is the "function order" then, if it doesn't reflect reality?
    Well they tell you different things, function order = what comes natural to you, function development = what you're good at. They may or may not match depending on how much you and others have nutured those parts of yourself.

Function development is like a career, lawyer for example, you could be very good at your job as a lawyer but you would still rather be a painter/musician where you may not have the ability (due to lack of training) but you do have the natural inclination (it makes you feel good).

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Well they tell you different things, function order = what comes natural to you, function development = what you're good at. They may or may not match depending on how much you and others have nutured those parts of yourself.

Function development is like a career, lawyer for example, you could be very good at your job as a lawyer but you would still rather be a painter/musician where you may not have the ability (due to lack of training) but you do have the natural inclination (it makes you feel good).
    That's just it, though; introverted intuition is a natural inclination of mine, as it has always been.

The INTP function order would have me believe that my natural inclination should be towards introverted thinking, but in my experience, it has not been my dominant function.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Perhaps you're misinterpreting your use of Ti+Ne together as Ni?

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Perhaps you're misinterpreting your use of Ti+Ne together as Ni?
    Perhaps, but what indicators might exist that would allow me to determine whether or not I am misinterpreting TiNe as Ni?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Engler View Post
    Perhaps, but what indicators might exist that would allow me to determine whether or not I am misinterpreting TiNe as Ni?
    How much you relate to the INTP descriptions over either INTJ or INFJ. The INTP description is basically describing what TiNe (mostly) looks like.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm familiar with the concept of nature and nurture, but my question is, if the natural order doesn't amount to anything, what is the point in designating it with any significance? I mean, it seems silly to me to say "ISFP is Fi-Se-Ni-Te" and hold to that with rigidity if an individual does not follow that pattern in any real sense.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

[Taken from keirsey.com]

These are the traits that I deeply identify with:

INTP -

They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them.

They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

INTJ -

Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead.

Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them.

Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

INFJ -

They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language.