• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Observation Statement: NTs seem to be hard to please.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I seem to get this from a lot of NT people I know. Where I can be excited about something for one reason, they get irritated at something for one reason. If they've seen it before, even if it's in a different form, they find it very boring. They pass it off as some sort of "generic plot with x blah blah" as if it was an experiment...

Maybe they see the world as an experiment? INTJs and ENTPs I know seem to be that way.

Discuss?

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
They aren't irritated at the "something". They are irritated at you for getting excited at the drop of a hat.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
'At the drop of a hat' in NT standards I guess. :huh:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't get irritated, I get apathetic. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Would you want to have it any other way ?

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have similar experiences, but with humor. And not just with NTs, with everyone.

I appreciate wit, but what really makes me laugh are funny facial expressions and funny words. So people say I laugh easily and at stupid things.

But I don't care, because I like to laugh.

So basically, if you get excited and they don't care....well, that's their loss, because you're excited and they're not.

I think it might happen with NT's more because we like to think of ourselves as "intellectuals," so anything that isn't "intellectual" isn't worth getting excited over.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hmmm, I don't get it. Are you saying that they get irritated when you get excited? Or that they are in general less apt to be excited about things? Or something else entirely?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
It depends on what it is. I had an older ENTX brother and he got passionate, not just excited about science. When we were younger he would lock the door and literally "force" me to listen to him talking about space, bodies, technology.
Brother, that smile was stuck on his face.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well i get really bored by repitition and theres nothing worse than being bored so i need new things to keep me happy.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Well i get really bored by repitition and theres nothing worse than being bored so i need new things to keep me happy.

i'll bet this can be interpreted/viewed as irritated by some really sensitive people.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Hmmm, I don't get it. Are you saying that they get irritated when you get excited? Or that they are in general less apt to be excited about things? Or something else entirely?

It's more like, where I can get excited, they've seen something related to it and are already bored.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I do this...I get bored by things that seem formulaic or marketed to the lowest common denominator. I also don't get fangirly about very many things.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Is this an NT trait though? I see xNFPs being bored with things all the time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's more like, where I can get excited, they've seen something related to it and are already bored.

Well then, if you ignore my first question: why do you feel the need to have to entertain them ?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think it might happen with NT's more because we like to think of ourselves as "intellectuals," so anything that isn't "intellectual" isn't worth getting excited over.

I get excited about non-intellectual stuff every day.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Depending on random opinions of what trolling really is. Out of NT, NF, SP, and SJ, which type is usually accused of trolling....per-capita? Are trolling and stalking somewhat related to boredom?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hrm. I know I've got high standards (a lot higher than most people,) but if we're talking about things of entertainment, I've got one lowest common denominator: I have to be able to suspend my disbelief for the entire length of time and I have to be unaware that there is any acting going on. (This mostly pertains to movies and stuff.) Anything else...well, it's usually inter-relational, and in that case, I'm down for either chilling and talking about stuff and playing games. I'm not really outgoing, but that's because I'm an introvert.

If there's something I've seen/learned before and I know that I'm gaining nothing from that activity, I'll become bored VERY quickly and then I can become angry, obstinate even. I usually learn from things, even if I'm going over them again, but when something is a complete waste of time, my body language guarantees that everyone knows I'm upset. Note: 8th grade German class was EXACTLY the same as 7th grade German. I went from being one of the best German students to one of the worst because it was intensely retarded.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I have noticed that people frequently get a sense of validation from the ability to entertain me. If I were pleased more easily, they wouldn't get that.

So isn't this a good thing?