User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 71

  1. #31
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    I only really am excited by concepts; implications, ramifications. Many other people seem excited by facts; by things.

    That is to say, if a movie has a certain actor in it, then it's great because it has that actor in it. If a picture has a monkey in it, it's hilarious because monkeys are funny. People who don't know me all that well often don't understand why I'd shrug off, say, a generic first-person shooter. I like videogames, don't I? (Not really, but...) It's a videogame! Why aren't I excited?!

    Meaning isn't inherent. Meaning comes from context. If you put a pig on a picnic table, the situation isn't interesting because there's a pig, or because there's a picnic table. It's because the relationship between pig and picnic table is somehow unusual or illustrative.

    Though even that isn't particularly meaningful; put together, it's just another fact. Okay, there's a pig on a picnic table. I guess you've got my attention. So where are we going with this?
    Very well-stated! And nothing frustrates me more than when I think someone's going to do something unusual or illustrative, and they just drop the ball and go for the obvious joke. Nothing worse than the failed potential to be better.
    Something Witty

  2. #32
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Very well-stated! And nothing frustrates me more than when I think someone's going to do something unusual or illustrative, and they just drop the ball and go for the obvious joke. Nothing worse than the failed potential to be better.
    *cough*...Family Guy...*cough*
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #33
    videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I reread my post.

    That's pretty much Family Guy's idea of humor: "HEY, [x] EXISTS!"

    ... Yes, it does. Your point?

    I guess a way to put it is that I'm rarely impressed by the existence of things. What may impress me is the operation of things.

  4. #34
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    *cough*...Family Guy...*cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I reread my post.

    That's pretty much Family Guy's idea of humor: "HEY, [x] EXISTS!"

    ... Yes, it does. Your point?

    I guess a way to put it is that I'm rarely impressed by the existence of things. What may impress me is the operation of things.
    I want to kiss you both on the mouth right now.
    Something Witty

  5. #35
    videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    At the same time, or sequentially?

    This could get slippery.

  6. #36
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #37
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Your choice. INTP MAKEOUT ALERT!
    Something Witty

  8. #38
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Who knew hating Family Guy could bring so many together? And so intimately!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #39
    videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I hear that many find salivation in humor.

  10. #40
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Who knew hating Family Guy could bring so many together? And so intimately!
    I love Family Guy just as it is.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 10:01 AM
  2. Pardon I seem to be under the influence
    By Synapse in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
  3. [ENFJ] I seem to be attracted to this ENFJ girl and...
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
  4. [MBTItm] My husband tested ISFP but seems to be NT sometimes
    By BookLady in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:42 AM
  5. I seem to be an xNTx type. Please help me out.
    By Cypocalypse in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO