User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    ^ This.
    Well do whatever you must, I dindnt want to troll. I just find the OP inheritly illogical. If she wants to get laied by an NT, why dont she say so in the first place ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't know. When it comes to entertainment, it's very difficult to impress me, but sometimes the stupidest thing happens and I am intensely amused.

I mean, it's difficult for a movie to get to me, but I derive hours of entertainment at baseball games by laughing at the player's expressions on the jumbotron.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    I have similar experiences, but with humor. And not just with NTs, with everyone.

I appreciate wit, but what really makes me laugh are funny facial expressions and funny words. So people say I laugh easily and at stupid things.

But I don't care, because I like to laugh.

So basically, if you get excited and they don't care....well, that's their loss, because you're excited and they're not.

I think it might happen with NT's more because we like to think of ourselves as "intellectuals," so anything that isn't "intellectual" isn't worth getting excited over.

Pffffft. Laughter is what it's all about. Carry on. You have my seal of approval.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I seem to get this from a lot of NT people I know. Where I can be excited about something for one reason, they get irritated at something for one reason. If they've seen it before, even if it's in a different form, they find it very boring. They pass it off as some sort of "generic plot with x blah blah" as if it was an experiment...

Maybe they see the world as an experiment? INTJs and ENTPs I know seem to be that way.

Discuss?
    -maybe because its not as much as a surprise to them as it is to you
    -been there, done that kinda thing
    -you got too 'WOOOO'y for them...they dont see the reason for THAT much excitement...they are already breaking the cause apart and trying to figure it out in their heads
    -they had high expectations in their heads that were not met
    -they were too amused to watch you jump up and down...but then you start screaming right in their ears and they got a lil annoyed
    -they are just being jackasses...assholes eh...damn them NTs

i found it very interesting that you specifically pointed to the INTJ and ENTP. i find that there are waaaay too many similarities between these two except the introversion and cold logical processing VS the swag that puts lil wayne to shame and the metaphors that turn a barren desert into the most romantic place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I have noticed that people frequently get a sense of validation from the ability to entertain me. If I were pleased more easily, they wouldn't get that.

So isn't this a good thing?
    yeah, i get that too...there are a few friends that will crack jokes and then look at me with expectant eyes. at first i was weirded out...but then it seemed like a compliment and something i could use to my advantage if i really really wanted to

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

NT's want what everyone else wants. They're just more apt to convince themselves that they dont.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I really don't want to watch American Idol. I'm sorry.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

ThatGirl

'At the drop of a hat' in NT standards I guess.
    If you are anything irl like you are in your avatar, I completely understand.

I seem to get this from a lot of NT people I know. Where I can be excited about something for one reason, they get irritated at something for one reason. If they've seen it before, even if it's in a different form, they find it very boring. They pass it off as some sort of "generic plot with x blah blah" as if it was an experiment...

Maybe they see the world as an experiment? INTJs and ENTPs I know seem to be that way.

Discuss?
    Tell that striaght to his face. ENTPs aren't hard to please from my experience. They have a large toleration for people with below average intelligence, unlike the other more bigoted NTs.

They will respect you if you stand up to them.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

I only really am excited by concepts; implications, ramifications. Many other people seem excited by facts; by things.

That is to say, if a movie has a certain actor in it, then it's great because it has that actor in it. If a picture has a monkey in it, it's hilarious because monkeys are funny. People who don't know me all that well often don't understand why I'd shrug off, say, a generic first-person shooter. I like videogames, don't I? (Not really, but...) It's a videogame! Why aren't I excited?!

Meaning isn't inherent. Meaning comes from context. If you put a pig on a picnic table, the situation isn't interesting because there's a pig, or because there's a picnic table. It's because the relationship between pig and picnic table is somehow unusual or illustrative.

Though even that isn't particularly meaningful; put together, it's just another fact. Okay, there's a pig on a picnic table. I guess you've got my attention. So where are we going with this?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

It's more like, where I can get excited, they've seen something related to it and are already bored.
    Ah, in that case I think I understand. Like when my friends excitedly show me some YouTube video that they thought was hilarious, and I think it's formulaic and lacks wit, they get upset with me and call me "snooty" or "buzzkill." Now, I like to laugh with the best of them, but not funny is just not funny.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness