User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default NTPs, Do You Daydream about Relational Issues?

I always hear that while NTPs daydream, they mostly daydream about "systems" and "logic" related topics and never (or rarely) about interpersonal stuff or psychological issues. Now, I have a suspicion as to the truth of these claims, but I want to hear it from you. What do you, NTPs, daydream about?

I know there have been a couple of other threads that slightly relate to this topic (e.g., the "INTPs what's in your imagination" thread), but I want to see what people say in relation to the issue stated in the previous paragraph.

Thanks.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

I often daydream about meeting that (presumably non-existent) person who will turn my life upside down.

I'll often spend hours wondering what I'd do if I was a superhero (interacting with characters from a particular show/movie), had a Death Note or basically insert myself into any given fictional situation.
    Last edited by Wade Wilson; 06-06-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Felt like expanding a bit
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTP

I can't even imagine what daydreaming about systems would be like. I actually mostly daydream about relational stuff or about being better at stuff I like to do now (like playing guitar or singing), or meeting my heroes. I tend to find a lot of RL people around me kind of boring, so I sometimes daydream about meeting people I click with.

I've always done that, ever since I was a kid. When I was a kid, I'd daydream about being in the movies.
    Something Witty

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Relational things are more visualization than daydreaming. I visualize what it would be like to be married, have kids, etc... I end up not wanting it, but I do think about it so I can try to make a decision. Sometimes it's cute though to picture a little kid of mine running around in a field or some bullshit.

I also visualize solving emotional problems with friends. It's easier for me to address it when I can imagine the route they will take and the things they will say. It helps me to prepare, since I don't handle emotional discussions well.

But these are visualizations that don't really bring me pleasure. I have pleasure when I daydream about a problem and the answer becomes blatantly obvious. I like to daydream about space exploration, as well.

I also daydream about meeting people I admire and what I would say to them. And how I can step up my game to make them want to talk to me back. I also daydream about what it would have been like if I hadn't abandoned music as a career.

MBTI
    INTP

i daydream about interpersonal systemic logic
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    entp

situations, scenarios, reactions

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

When my interests tilt away from impersonal issues, I definitely toss interpersonal stuff into my mix of "things to be analyzed and daydreamed about". And the most difficult decisions I have to make often are interpersonal related, so a lot of visualizing and scenario pondering can occur. I guess the social world could be thought of as a very complex and nuanced system, but one in which you are often personally invested in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

It is rare for me to find that someone has planted themselves firmly in the fields of my imagination, but it has happened, and yes, I will daydream.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    It is rare for me to find that someone has planted themselves firmly in the fields of my imagination, but it has happened, and yes, I will daydream.
    Same here. This doesn't usually happen. I am usually too busy dreaming up inventions, gadgets, making connections between seemingly unrelated things.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I daydream about "hypothetical conversation" like 80 % of the time. I'm eithering addressing would-be questions/issues and doing my best to describe to whomever I'm talking to (sometimes its a real person, sometimes its unknown persons). occaisonally it does relate to "systems" (the other day i was wondering about how a flame/external combustion reaction could exist if atoms occupy no static position in which to exchange electrons, then realized we have no meaningful metaphysics pertaining to the atom), but my real problem in life is relating to people. No surprise then that i daydream more conversations than I really have.