• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What do you look for in a partner?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I am completely infatuated with an ENTP and need some help in attracting him/understanding him. I have never met someone who can match my wild imagination and silly sense of humor the way he does. He is also incredibly smart and a total geek, which I happen to adore. We seem to have a lot in common aside from his lack of humility. Unfortunately he's very enigmatic and can be shy so I have difficulties trying to figure him out. For all you male ENTPs out there:

What are your turns on and turn offs? Do you have any non-negotiables?

How do you flirt? Is your testing/teasing thing you do flirting or just for your own fun and games?

What do you think of INFPs?? Would you date one? Do we have any particularly attractive qualities to you?

What are your views on sex?

How can someone impress you?

What do you need in a relationship?

Do you prefer monogamy?

Do you find it difficult to date/open up to someone?

Do you lose interest easily? How can someone keep you interested?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

T

ThatGirl

For all you males who like ENTPs out there:

Turn ons: Confidence, cockiness, brilliant intelligence, tall, man shoulders, sense of humor.

Turn offs: Whining, excuses, indecision, failure, idiocy, dependency, or stagnation

How do you flirt? Is your testing/teasing thing you do flirting or just for your own fun and games?

Sometimes, I just generally talk like that. If I am flirting....with you....you would know it. I'd make sure of it.

What do you think of INFPs?? Would you date one? Do we have any particularly attractive qualities to you?

Never met an INFP male, so I don't know. I am attracted to alphas. Can INFPs be alphas?

That it is a beautiful symphony created between like minds.......often.
Its also fun,....and sexy.

With REAL confidence, stability, conviction. Also maturity. Be your OWN person.

Honesty and loyalty. You can't be easily swayed by everything or we wont work. Space and support. Be a foundation for ideas, but don't EVER tell me what to do or make demands. Respect and individual integrity.

Do you prefer monogamy?

If we are having sex, yes. No STDs for me. If just dating, then its any mans game.

Yes and my interest will often wane, but if I like you, I'll keep coming back. I will show you how into you I am by the amount of personal theoretical ideas I share with you, not with emotional stuff.

If they are not what I wanted in the first place yes. If they are, very little will change my opinion, unless you really fuck up. Usually my assessments of people are accurate so if I gave you a shot to begin with, relationship wise, you're pretty much in as much as you'd like to be.

I know this was for boys, but....it may be universal.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I am completely infatuated with an ENTP and need some help in attracting him/understanding him. I have never met someone who can match my wild imagination and silly sense of humor the way he does. He is also incredibly smart and a total geek, which I happen to adore. We seem to have a lot in common aside from his lack of humility. Unfortunately he's very enigmatic and can be shy so I have difficulties trying to figure him out. For all you male ENTPs out there:

Do you prefer monogamy?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

this is for the boys only? hahaha, you really don't get ENTPs, do you?
Ok, I'll be good and won't respond - but you should go back and do a search of past threads...

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not sure I can represent your ENTP. I'm not him, everybody is unique.
Besides, I'd say I'm rather a "low-energy" kind of ENTP.

So I'll hope you'll have as much different answers as possible. Maybe you'll notice a pattern, who knows?

---

Anything that has a purpose can be exciting. Anything new or creative, in fact. On the other hand, anything that is monotonous, repetitive, is a severe turn off.

Depends. Each "possible partner" is unique. Most of the time I play, and do only games and flirt, especially if the attraction is only physical. But when I admire somebody -intellectually- I can be direct and genuine (This rarely occurs, though).

I have already dated an INFP. She was sweet, soft, and had a disarming smile. INFPs probably are the only type that do not trigger my aggression/teasing instinct. I can't be really mean when I am in front of them.

But the issue rather was that she also was very secretive, and very introverted. Too much in fact.

I'm an hedonist. Anything or anyone that can give genuine pleasure is good and worth my curiosity. Always be generous when you deal with sex.

Intellect.

Cuddles and enthusiasm.

Do you prefer monogamy?

I have nothing against monogamy, but I'm not persuaded men and women are made to live so, that monogamy is that natural.

Tough question. I'd say it's easier to open-up with only superfical relationships. It's an extroverted paradox.
When somebody really means something to me, it can be way more difficult to confess anything.

Yes, it's very easy to lose interest.
To keep me interested, you have to surprise or impress me at least every week. Be mysterious. Be complex. Be unique.
Avoid monotony , rut or boredom at all costs!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well damn, TG and I have very similar minds... imagine that!

EDIT: and with BM, for that matter...

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
passion, sexuality, originality, spunk
the ability to keep up with me or to make me want to keep your pace.

I don't really flirt.

I like how seriously they take themselves, but only if they have a self worth taking seriously.

They generally seem pretty genuine, I like that.

However I'm worried that they would keep their negative emotions inside and allow me to make a situation worse without realizing.

It needs to be a matter of mutual interest
It needs to be fun
It needs to be genuine
It needs to be happening often

Get in my face but show that you aren't hurt by little things.

Do something I would do. (lol)

understanding, acceptance and comfortability.

Do you prefer monogamy?

yes absolutely.

I find it difficult to get dates, but when I'm talking to someone I'm interested in I will usually open up instantly.
I have a tendency to be a little too open and more specifically to expect too much openness.

Not especially.

Be interesting? I don't know.

Make me think that I would be losing a serious opportunity by forgetting about you.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
this is for the boys only? hahaha, you really don't get ENTPs, do you?
Ok, I'll be good and won't respond - but you should go back and do a search of past threads...

No, I don't lol tis why I am here ;)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love when a person has an open mind and a sense of humor. Confidence is the sexiest thing. I can't take whining or clingy behavior.

People say that my normal way of communication is flirtatious, but when I deliberately flirt, there is physical contact in addition to my normal direct eye contact/smiling. But usually, I'll just come right out and tell you what I want to do with you, instead of wasting time.

This is a tough one. Like TG said, I kinda like alphas. But doesn't need to be an alpha if he's not so serious all the time.

Seriously, I like open minded but responsible people.
I don't like to be told "no".

Sharp intellect or sharp wit. Someone who doesn't allow himself to be run over.

honesty.

Do you prefer monogamy?
No.
But if I'm "in love", I'll take one for the team.

Yes. Not initially though. The first 3 months will find me very intense. When a plateau is reached and more introspection is needed for my partner to "connect" with me, things get a bit more difficult.

See above. It helps if partner doesn't complain too much. I may spend less time with you than I did in the beginning, but whining about it will make me bail. Trust me, every feeling I have for you is the same unless I tell you otherwise.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Get in my face but show that you aren't hurt by little things.

Do something I would do. (lol)

I've notice my ENTP tends to respond well to my challenging him or being aggressive with others. I rarely win any arguments with him though, unless it's something personal. Do you need to win arguments with an ENTP to gain their respect or is it the participation that counts?

velocity

MBTI Type
epic

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Do males prefer alpha females too? Or is that a female ENTP thing?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've notice my ENTP tends to respond well to my challenging him or being aggressive with others. I rarely win any arguments with him though, unless it's something personal. Do you need to win arguments with an ENTP to gain their respect or is it the participation that counts?

well if you can win the argument then we'll probably ejaculate.

the truth is that usually if I'm in an argument I don't care about my position, so yeah participation and ingenuity is all I'm looking for.

if I'm talking about something I genuinely care about then it usually takes the form of discussion and not argument.

when people can make me see how silly I'm being I melt.

I think the key to seducing an ENTP may be sensing when they're out on a limb and just fooling around, and laughing about it with them.

Get us laughing and show that you've got genuine insight into us and we're done.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
you can't, unless i find you interesting.

i also like people who are good at figuring me out.

by being your own person and not worry so much about every little detail about me. :D

Interesting...I've often analyzed my ENTP and he seems to like it, but at the same time responds almost condescendingly like I could never figure him out.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Do males prefer alpha females too? Or is that a female ENTP thing?

alpha females? no. that's a boring cliche and could refer to many many types of unattractive mentalities (the prominent ones that comes to mind are people who take themselves too seriously or people who feel "entitled" to your attention).

i think most (healthy) people prefer partners who are confident, self-sufficient, and have the ability to see through bullshit.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
well if you can win the argument then we'll probably ejaculate.

the truth is that usually if I'm in an argument I don't care about my position, so yeah participation and ingenuity is all I'm looking for.

if I'm talking about something I genuinely care about then it usually takes the form of discussion and not argument.

when people can make me see how silly I'm being I melt.

I think the key to seducing an ENTP may be sensing when they're out on a limb and just fooling around, and laughing about it with them.

Get us laughing and show that you've got genuine insight into us and we're done.

This sounds promising. I wonder what my ENTP would think of me joining a forum to gain insight on him lol

marmandahalf

The first 3 months will find me very intense. When a plateau is reached and more introspection is needed for my partner to "connect" with me, things get a bit more difficult.

Ha! My friends joke about my "three month rule."