User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    I am looking for examples of how an INTP woman behaves (ultimately to see what I can identify with...) I know there is a range but I wanted to throw some stuff out there and see what was regarded as typical-or not. I have read various threads but these questions keep coming back to haunt me:

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?
    1. Yes, but I don't always realize that it felt fake until after the fact. I feel sometimes like I need to offset the dryness of my philosophical/conceptual ideas by sounding enthusiastic and having a nice tone to my voice.

2. Comedy is best, if it's witty. Dramas require a lot of commitment, emotion, suspension of disbelief, etc. so I'm only in the mood every once in a while. Horror's fun too, the controlled fear and all :horor:

3. Arg, yes. It pisses me off. I do sometimes act in a manner I find unjust, but it's pretty rare and I can't stop agonizing about it afterwords.

4. Nope, I stopped liking that after middle school; found it boring. I like the subtle nuances of literature and philosophy better.

5. I look for guy who makes up for my indecision and introversion, as well as my lack of being in touch with emotions. Of course I offer my services in return My faults are the ones I listed; also I usually end up either terribly submissive or with him wrapped around my little finger. Neither is good, probably.

6. I want kids some day, and I think I'd treat them like the most important thing in my life (they're my legacy, and they're little human beings that I'll have created! Amazing!). I think I'll probably stress fairness and logic from a very early age, so they have a good decision-making foundation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

This is the INTP female thread I've been waiting for.

Now, my answers:

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

Yes. This used to be an almost instinctual practice for me. I hated being called a robot because I didn't put on a broad grin every time someone said something funny or did something that interested me. It was not so much about looking like them, just looking a little less like I was a geeky, emotionless shell.

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

I have a moderate interest in Science Fiction, depending on the material. I do enjoy Mystery/thriller and the occasional Horror title, but I enjoy non-fic much more.

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

No. I may lack in feeling, but I do have a moral compass and follow it unless I have to.

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

Always. I made no attempt to mask this, ever.

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

I'm not particularly romantic, and I often notice that if I'm interested in someone, it's for a reason that makes no sense to me.

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?

I don't really see children in my future either, but I would be quite far from the ENFJ mother archetype, that is for sure.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    This is the INTP female thread I've been waiting for.

Now, my answers:

Yes. This used to be an almost instinctual practice for me. I hated being called a robot because I didn't put on a broad grin every time someone said something funny or did something that interested me. It was not so much about looking like them, just looking a little less like I was a geeky, emotionless shell.

I have a moderate interest in Science Fiction, depending on the material. I do enjoy Mystery/thriller and the occasional Horror title, but I enjoy non-fic much more.

No. I may lack in feeling, but I do have a moral compass and follow it unless I have to.

Always. I made no attempt to mask this, ever.

I'm not particularly romantic, and I often notice that if I'm interested in someone, it's for a reason that makes no sense to me.

I don't really see children in my future either, but I would be quite far from the ENFJ mother archetype, that is for sure.
    Wow, we have such different answers for some of the questions. I think there are different types of INTP women (well, I mean obviously). I don't know what it is, but there are some more oriented to the technical areas, and others who are more "artsy." Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know enough about mbti to explain it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Wow, we have such different answers for some of the questions. I think there are different types of INTP women (well, I mean obviously). I don't know what it is, but there are some more oriented to the technical areas, and others who are more "artsy." Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know enough about mbti to explain it?
    It's quite simple. We are polymaths.

Also, not all INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

not really, i hate the fake feeling but i notice i tend to mimic their tone/energy/mood. im never sure what to do reguarding eye contact and my polite smiles probably resemble twitches or smirks. although if im talking volentarily i am usually very animated, increasingly so the more passionate i am or/and the more difficult the idea is to get across (funny how they're the same).

i love science fiction and fantasy. i find thrillers and mysteries don't live up to their names and are always badly written, unoriginal and unintelligent. romance makes me squirm unless its written really well, then i'll admire it. i also have a large collection of non-fiction books.

yes. sometimes but it bugs me.

i feel more at home with computers and math than i do essays, written expression and people. im bad at organising my thoughts, remembering things that were said and making myself analysize and break down creative pieces as i think they should only be viewed as a whole.

expected by who?

i dont know, ive never had a serious romantic relationship. ive had plently of potentials (at least for my taste), yet i just seem to hit a wall when it comes to the "dating" and/or "your mine now, edge" part. i get fidgity. im not sure what it is. intimacy fears? commitment fears? im afraid of my own emotions? privacy issues, even?
    so ... someone who's patient.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I used to because I was so sick of being misunderstood. I don't fake smile, but I do force myself to appear more caring, friendly. It pays off in that at least people know me now.

Non-Fiction only. I have a fear that I don't know enough about certain subjects.

No, I have a highly developed conscience. I'm a mildly expressed T though.

No, these were not my favorite subjects, but I liked that the grading for them was objectively based. My favorite subjects were psychology, anthropology, genetics. Grading based on reputation, following arbitrary rules based on popular opinion irritate me. I hated being told that my abstract painting deserved a B because I didn't follow a certain rule.

Was looking for somebody similar to me, except more masculine. Good genes a must although I would love and accept a child with a disability.

I do much less than the average mother in terms of community activities. I am very nurturing and maternal and love babies (maybe atypical for other T women). I teach my kids SJ things like having good manners and holiday traditions because I feel they need it, not because it comes naturally to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Not typically. Sometimes I am very smiley, but a lot of the time I suppose my face just kind of stays neutral because people start telling me to smile, and at that point I either ask "why" or flash a 1/5 second smile.

Sci fi is usually awesome once I catch on.
    Fantasy is sometimes awesome once I catch on, but with some of it I can't.
    I have to be in a particular mood for action/adventure. It greatly depends on the "adventure" at hand.
    Romance (in the relationship way, not the literature movement) can be good in small doses, but an overload leaves me nauseated.
    Mystery/thriller is okay, I guess.
    Horror=bleh
    Nonfiction - some of it is not that interesting to me, but some of it I like to the point of obsession.

Yes, injustice makes me go RAWR.

I can act in an unjust manner to only a very slight extent when I am forced to. Anything greater than slight, and I will go RAWR and attack with logic lasers or go into seclusion (people so rarely listen to reason that I just tend to give up and get away lately).

Computers and math are very different things.

I was rarely allowed around computers until I was 15 (I think my parents recognized, even in my earlier childhood, that I was a computer addict in the making), and I've only taken one class on them so far, so I am mostly speaking from my non-academic, recent experiences when I say that they are awesome and would like to study them more. I would not consider myself that competent yet, and I get as many messages expecting that I would be terrible at it as saying that I'd be good, so overall my existing competence has nothing to do with other's expectations.

I have taken a lot more of math because of the existing school set up, and have been pretty moderately interested in it since the early grades. That interest took a dive when I started learning algebra, but around the time I started taking geometry I realized that not being able to wrap my head around specific algebra stuff isn't the end of the world, and math became awesome. I am still not very competent, and there were very few people who expected me to be good at it, so I don't know what to make of that.

This question still kind of confuses me, probably because a subject being my favorite has nothing to do with competence.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes, but I have not always done it. I learned to do it by watching other people interact. Trying not to unnerve folks. Sometimes I don't because I just really don't care. 70/30 split.

Dislike movies and much of TV. Read and love sci fi/fantasty, some romantica, lots of non-fiction: history, medicine, cuisine, perfumes, herbal medicine...I'm not gonna list it all--a lot of stuff.

Sometimes but only because it seems illogical. Like being prejudice--how can a person's skin color possibly dictate their character? It's stupid.

Not very competent with either, in my opinion. I figured out I was good in and liked math when I re-learned algebra to help tutor my nephew. These math teachers suck for instilling this "let's just get you through this mandatory torture".

Wasn't looking--it just happened. I've often wished to be with another INTP. Biggest stumbling block: his need for a deeper and more emotional connection, me missing this entirely and his assumption that my carefully contained (or unexpressed) emotions are indifference and not recognizing that my very presence is highly significant. We're working on this.

Extremely atypical. I'm laid-back but I expect them to be competent and independent. Not too much so because a child is a child. I dislike the whole child-rearing thing done in our culture--separating kids into peer groups, sheltering or keeping useful knowledge from them, thinking that their childhood has to be a carefree, irresponsible, gift and activity laden era. Nah--can't do it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know if it's from practise or if it is, in fact, natural, but I'm generally fairly animated when I talk to someone, unless I'm really in a bad mood. So no, I never feel like I'm faking it

I'm a little of everything with regards to movies, though romance/romantic comedies I normally don't like. My favourite series etc is definitely star trek, though

Generally if there's some injustice committed against me (I'm assuming that's what the first half of this question is about), as long as I know I haven't done anything I consider reprehensible, I just shrug it off. If I realise that I am in fact in the wrong (second part of the question) then it really bothers me.

Well I like a lot of computer related things, but heaven help me when it comes to math. I fracking HATE math, which I think is more due to a mental block on my part than anything else, I'm more of an English/history nerd

I guess I'm mostly looking for intelligence and someone I can talk to easily, outside of that, it's not super important. stumbling blocks include (but are not limited to) no guys meeting the above requirements :P

I don't have kids, so I can't answer.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Sometimes-bordering-rarely. Usually only to strangers that I will probably never see again. It's way too exhausting to consciously contort my facial muscles into something happy and chipper... and I hate being fake.

Sci-fi and fantasy most of the time. I also like non-fiction material related to whatever area I am interested in at the time. I only like romantic comedies that are done well; most of them tend to be old Hollywood stuff. I only watch horror movies with larger groups of people, but I never pursue it myself (doesn't interest me much.) Somehow mystery and thriller genres aren't fulfilling for me.

I get quite angry witnessing ignorance and bigotry. They seem to be the precursor to unjust actions. I don't think I've ever done anything terribly unlawful, though I can imagine myself doing so if I felt it was necessary and if it stands with my beliefs (thus, just.) Justice and lawfulness are not the same thing.

I don't understand either very well. I know how to use a computer but I won't meddle with things I don't know anything about. I used to hate math and also got that "mental block" every time I tried to do the homework. I used to pick up material pretty quickly but having a number of terribly discouraging teachers (except for one geometry teacher I rather liked) really turned me off math. Now I feel as if I am missing out on so many things I could understand had I known how powerful it is as a tool and as a language in theory and in application.

Intelligence, open-mindedness, drive. Someone not timid. My biggest block is probably trusting someone in the first place.

I don't have children but I imagine that if I ever do come to raise any (my own or adopted,) I would probably take on more of a mentoring role than a mothering one.