User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Big fan of mercy tho.
    Never saw it. Looks more like a cop/action/thriller than just horror? I like Dexter-interesting to see things from his perspective and it keeps you guessing-but I can't stand Freddy movies or any of that 'girl falls on tree root and waits for guy with chainsaw' stuff.

I'm guessing you liked Shakespeare and poetry but not accounting?

I don't think I would like to actually be a book-keeper, the maintenance issues would kill me, but I like to do the one-time big-picture stuff.

Sounds more IxTJish.

I have come up as an INTJ and ISTJ before but I am much too impulsive/unscheduled/messy/late to qualify I am afraid.
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    67 38 12 11

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    I am looking for examples of how an INTP woman behaves (ultimately to see what I can identify with...) I know there is a range but I wanted to throw some stuff out there and see what was regarded as typical-or not. I have read various threads but these questions keep coming back to haunt me:

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?
    1. Only if the person is an authority figure or someone I need to impress, with no way around it.

2. Sci-fi, horror, fantasy, even occasionally realistic fiction... I read a lot.
    Oh, and comics.

3. Yes, it does. I don't act in a manner I find unjust. I'm a vegetarian and I donate money to charities and I don't shop at walmart. (:

4. I hate math. I do well on state tests on it, but otherwise I despise it. I like the concept but never did well on it in school. Computers I've always liked, but I'm not exactly a programmer. I'm more of a literature/science/art person.

5. I want someone who won't smother me, who is intelligent, someone I respect, and who can handle my "strange" habits.

6. I don't want kids.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Big fan of mercy tho.
    Never saw it. Looks more like a cop/action/thriller than just horror?
    LOL. Mercy the attribute!
    Sorry, I'm also a fan of Brevity - the mini-series.

I can't stand any kind of horror. I'm a sensitive flower.
    I'm guessing you liked Shakespeare and poetry but not accounting?
    Si.
    I don't think I would like to actually be a book-keeper, the maintenance issues would kill me, but I like to do the one-time big-picture stuff.
    Sounds more IxTJish.
    I have come up as an INTJ and ISTJ before but I am much too impulsive/unscheduled/messy/late to qualify I am afraid.
    Maybe you're just a sloppy J!
    Are you happier with things being open-ended, or do you seek closure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

1. Do you attempt to smile and look animated when you talk to others even if it feels fake (because you are trying to look like them or for any other reason)?

Yes. More so with people I don't know very well. I don't consider it fake, I consider it necessary. Otherwise, my somewhat flat affect would beg the dreaded questions of: "Are you okay?" and "What's wrong?" It's annoying to repeat "Nothing" and not be believed.

2. Reading material/movies: Sci fi, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Romance, Mystery/thriller, Horror, Non-fiction?

Do not like Sci-Fi and fantasy. Interesting non-fiction biographies, classic literature, Hemingway, Nabokov, poetry...anything that sounds interesting. For instance, I just finished reading a book that consisted of famous and non-famous suicide notes.

3. Justice meter-does injustice set you off? Are you able to act in a manner that you know is unjust?

Only an injustice to myself. Otherwise, it's not my problem or my fight and doesn't upset me. I cannot ask anything of anyone that I would not ask or do myself. I pride myself on integrity and honesty and cannot think of lying to get my way or lying to placate someone. (I detest this trait in others) If I think my opinion will cause a conflict I will deflect the question or change the subject...but I won't lie!

4. Computers and Math-were these always your favorite subjects or did you develop competence because it was expected?

NO! Hated Math and Computers frustrate me. History and English were my favorite subjects.

5. Significant other-what were you/are you looking for in a mate and what was the biggest issue or stumbling block (related to your type)?

I have noticed that it's extremely difficult if I'm in a relationship with an F...too many fights over what I perceived to be stupid stuff. However, this was probably because of their sensitivity and my insensitivity. So I mainly go for T's...because I don't have to censor how I say things and J's...because they do the stuff I hate!

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?[/QUOTE]

No kids and don't want them...too much responsibility! But I don't mind dating someone who has them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    LOL. Mercy the attribute!
    Sorry, I'm also a fan of Brevity - the mini-series.

Maybe you're just a sloppy J!
    I hate questions that read like that. I can only identify with a specific example of the behavior. It is right up there with "Do you make decisions with your heart or your head?" Well how the heck can I answer that? It is ALL in my head isn't it?

All I can tell you is that I've noticed that some everyday activities are simple for others but more complex for me. Ordering a meal in an unfamiliar place is a good example. I have to read the entire menu and all the descriptions in order to make an 'informed' decision about what I am going eat. I can order quickly if I have to, but I will wonder for the rest of the meal what I missed. Obviously the bigger the purchase or decision, the more research I have to do and the more options I need to check out to be comfortable. Once I have done the research and checked out the options I am usually comfortable jumping in and committing. Once I have committed I usually don't like changing my mind, but I am capable of starting the whole process over again if circumstances warrant it for some reason. For example-house shopping...put in an offer and it turns out the house has gone to someone else. I'll be disappointed but I'll also welcome the chance to shop some more and see more options. Unless there is a time-limit on our purchase-i.e. we have sold our house and the closing is coming up. Then I get stressed out and just want to meet the deadline so I can stop worrying about it. But I am still going to gather as many details as possible before I sign any papers.
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    67 38 12 11

MBTI
    intj

I gave myself permission to not bother with facial affect several years ago...it was freeing. If someone is insecure about it, then they can ask. It is not my business to take care of them or be someone else (another type) in anticipation of their misunderstanding. Sounds harsh but the sooner we all behave as ourselves the sooner these misunderstandings and facades can be released. Just like someone who is in pain trying to act strong or someone squirrelly trying to appear logical...we need to be ourselves so others are forewarned about the quality of our responses/actions and can offer appropriate assistance if needed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I hate questions that read like that. I can only identify with a specific example of the behavior.

All I can tell you is that I've noticed that some everyday activities are simple for others but more complex for me. Ordering a meal in an unfamiliar place is a good example. I have to read the entire menu and all the descriptions in order to make an 'informed' decision about what I am going eat. I can order quickly if I have to, but I will wonder for the rest of the meal what I missed. Obviously the bigger the purchase or decision, the more research I have to do and the more options I need to check out to be comfortable. Once I have done the research and checked out the options I am usually comfortable jumping in and committing. Once I have committed I usually don't like changing my mind, but I am capable of starting the whole process over again if circumstances warrant it for some reason. For example-house shopping...put in an offer and it turns out the house has gone to someone else. I'll be disappointed but I'll also welcome the chance to shop some more and see more options. Unless there is a time-limit on our purchase-i.e. we have sold our house and the closing is coming up. Then I get stressed out and just want to meet the deadline so I can stop worrying about it. But I am still going to gather as many details as possible before I sign any papers.
    = J
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes I do. It's actually not really voluntary, I usually end up mirroring their emotions. So if their excited, I get excited with them. I find it tiring to talk to people that smile constantly though because I end up smiling back even if I don't really want to.

I'll read anything if its well done, but mainly Sci-fi, fantasy, romance and mystery; as well as lots of different non-fiction books, depending on what subject I'm interested in at the time.

Yes, I hate injustice. I rarely find myself acting unjustly, unless I'm in a heated emotional situation and I start stretching the truth.

No they have never been my favourite subjects. Science, arts and the humanities have been my favourite areas. But I might get interested one day.

I really have no idea

MBTI
    INTP

If I'm smiling and being animated it's because I'm actually into the conversation. I don't really bother putting on an act.

Non-Fiction, none of the rest really interest me.

People who try to justify injustice are more likely to set me off. Mostly I try to be fair myself. I don't like to lie, manipulate, exploit or harm other people. Though I've been in situations where I had to do the lying thing for defensive purposes, and I hated it more than anything.

I had to work on it. With computers I always liked working on them, and just gradually learned more about them as time went on. Math, I forced upon myself. I'm no whiz at either though.

I'm not really looking for something specific. But my introversion probably has been the biggest stumbling block. I'm sure it helps that I have my head in the clouds a lot of the time and don't meet new people as frequently as I could.

MBTI
    INTP

Didn't read any responses prior to typing this, so it's all my own content.

If I have to attempt, then it IS fake. And I do have to try more often than not, if it's an awkward interaction...which it is, again, more often than not. I hope to god they can't tell, and generally it seems to smooth things over, so perhaps most cannot. Enthusiastic personal communication is not my forte. On a friendly, comfortable, casual level it's so hard not to be genuine, on the other hand.

Everything, man. When I've had the time though...not so much lately. Romance for easy reading/humor, and otherwise mystery/horror/thriller/sci-fi/fantasy. A dash of non-fiction - if I'm going to read something all the way through it'll be a novel, I hate partially finishing a story. But if I am just going to skim something and glean little bits and pieces, it'll be non-fic. Movies...I like really moving, deep and/or conceptual movies, and anything with Tom Hanks. I will watch almost anything for kicks, with the exception of overly Disney/teeny-bopper drivel and cheap, trendy, everything-wrong-with-society comedies.

I have been known to act in a manner that I know is unjust, if I think I can justify that it is in fact just, to profit/get my way. I have the potential to be very manipulative. In impartial situations I can pick out injustices fairly quickly also, but I won't always do anything about it, especially if I think they will rectify themselves. If somebody thinks a situation is unjust, I will automatically postulate otherwise. I might add, as well, that justice or anything related to morality is incredibly subjective and you just can't win.

A little of both. Competence is definitely a key word though! I've always excelled at mathematics, not to an insane degree but enough to stand out. Don't care for it much past the initial novelty of figuring out a new formula and the basic necessary skills, however - it's dry even for me. When it comes to computers, I have enough knowledge of their workings to do anything I need to do with one, PC or Mac anyways, and to intuit how to do things I haven't done before. When all else fails, there's the internet, anyways.

I think I've always just looked for somebody quirkily attractive and earthily masculine that would like me back and be able to make me laugh. That's about it. My better half is an ISFJ, not nearly as "traditional" as you'd expect, which is nice, and I just knew from the first time that I saw him that we'd get along, call it intuition. He kind of hung in the back of my mind for over a year before I really started to talk to him, almost forcing a conversation at first to get my foot in the door. I was with an ENTP for a while but he was too unstable and weasel-y and made me feel insecure...too much like myself, perhaps. The contrast is refreshing, and my ISFJ provides for me much better on an emotional level. I'm the clingiest person ever in a relationship, which kind of doesn't jive with the INTP prototype...not sure what's with that to be honest. Might be that with my Fe I'm like a toddler on a rodeo bull.

6. Children-if you have children do you find that you are an atypical mother? If so-what sets you apart (related to type)?
    I do not have children, and don't really plan on having any. But I do like kids. My Ne really loves their outlook on life and it fascinates me to see/help them learn. They tire me out quickly though.