• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Do you hate homeless people?

Do you hate homeless people

• Yes, I despise them

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • No, I think they deserve empathy

Votes: 64 86.5%

• Total voters

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
What the fuck is this shit?

Seriously? I'm mildly offended.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
A good part of them tend to hate me if I don't give them stuff. And constantly wait for me in front of the shop\Pack my food against my will.
Some are okey, but they're still forcing themselves upon me. I didn't ask for some lady to pack my food or for a guy to give me a fake "hey young sir!" line every fucking day. The guy doesn't mean it, he just wants my money. I even heard him brag about how much cash he could get from youngsters by acting like their friend.

Most of those "I know" are just angry sore losers. They wouldn't give me shit if the situations were reversed.

But of course, I don't have anything against people who went through troubles and have no home, that would just be kind of pathetic. I despise selectively based upon the I-hate-you-give-me-your-money vibe I get from them.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
They tend to hate you if you don't give them stuff.
Most of them are just angry sore losers. They wouldn't give me shit if the situations were reversed.

You're confusing homeless people from bums. They're different.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whoa...i'm sure you were kidding but i was mildly offended too. i think i might be more likely to hate people who hate the homeless actually...ya know...if i gotta pick.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You're confusing homeless people from bums. They're different.
My bad, I corrected it just after posting, just noticed your answer. See previous post for more information :violin:. I was talking about bums, and just some of them. And hate is just a word, I'm a puppy full of love, everybody knows that

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
They tend to hate you if you don't give them stuff.
Most of them are just angry sore losers. They wouldn't give me shit if the situations were reversed.

If neither of you gave each other anything, regardless of the context, than it's not really a question of being homeless or not, right?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I don't want to kill the messenger and assume because you started the topic, you hate homeless people. But I do wonder if you thought this topic was worth replicating, that you don't disagree with it. So I'll ask first: Do you hate homeless people, cloud?

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This is quite offensive. If you're asking for opinions on the problem then there should be more options in the poll. I can't empathize with someone whose situation I have never been in. I really can't imagine walking in their shoes. Research shows that in this country mental illness is related to homelessness so even more, I can't empathize.

I can offer sympathy. Do I think this is a problem that we need to work on resolving better and that is affected by how cities are organized, poor understanding of the issue, stigma associated with people who are homeless, revitalization of downtown areas etc... yes.

Also, recently, homeless is a much broader category given the economic downturn. There have been countless articles talking about people who have lost their homes and are living in motels/cars/state supported facilities/parents' homes. While the last implies they do have roofs over their heads, it just means we need to look at this more seriously. More people are homeless now and they are a much more diverse group than ever before (families, people considered lower middle-class a few years ago).

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
WTF?! People are homeless for a reason Who is anybody to judge somebody because they're homesless, without knowing their background etc.?

Yeah, this is lame.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I don't want to kill the messenger and assume because you started the topic, you hate homeless people. But I do wonder if you thought this topic was worth replicating, that you don't disagree with it. So I'll ask first: Do you hate homeless people, cloud?

No I don't , but I am wondering why some people do.

After all if you are going to a foreign country with no money, or you lost your job and can't pay your mortgage, you are homeless. Maybe it is bourgeoise elitism.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is quite offensive. If you're asking for opinions on the problem then there should be more options in the poll. I can't empathize with someone whose situation I have never been in. I really can't imagine walking in their shoes. Research shows that in this country mental illness is related to homelessness so even more, I can't empathize.

I lived in the greater Washington D.C. area for 8 years. The original mass creation of the homeless population in downtown D.C. was caused by the de-institutionalization of St. Elizabeth's mental hospital. If you were insane, but not dangerous, you were set free...to where? No family has seen you for many, many years, the street is all you have got. You can't get welfare or other public benefits without a mailing address and ID card, so its a really difficult hurdle to overcome.

Ironically enough, now part of the "great" U.S. stimulus package is to renovate the aged and decrepid St. Elizabeth's campus to its former "glory", and it shall be the headquarters of the UD Dept. of Homeland (In)Security. Janet Napolitano was tickled pink talking about it on TV a few weeks ago. It is supposed to be a campus comparable to the Pentagon in size. I think the renovation estimate was about $700,000,000; which of course is low balled and will be double that upon final delivery due to scope creep and change orders. Go project management! :devil:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No I don't , but I am wondering why some people do.

After all if you are going to a foreign country with no money, or you lost your job and can't pay your mortgage, you are homeless. Maybe it is bourgeoise elitism.

Well obviously no man in his right mind would hate homeless people, so I assumed you were talking about bums or something.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well obviously no man in his right mind would hate homeless people, so I assumed you were talking about bums or something.

Whats the difference?

Bums and homeless people both live in the streets.
I think I am proud to say that most homeless people are Ps. Because they don't give a damn about capitalist values in our society. :devil:

I recommend reading the book: Mao Zedong and I were beggers

Its a story of how two intellectuals pretend to be bums, beg for money, so they can see how society treat these people. And one of them turn out to be a future dictator.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I lived in the greater Washington D.C. area for 8 years. The original mass creation of the homeless population in downtown D.C. was caused by the de-institutionalization of St. Elizabeth's mental hospital. If you were insane, but not dangerous, you were set free...to where? No family has seen you for many, many years, the street is all you have got. You can't get welfare or other public benefits without a mailing address and ID card, so its a really difficult hurdle to overcome.

Ironically enough, now part of the "great" U.S. stimulus package is to renovate the aged and decrepid St. Elizabeth's campus to its former "glory", and it shall be the headquarters of the UD Dept. of Homeland (In)Security. Janet Napolitano was tickled pink talking about it on TV a few weeks ago. It is supposed to be a campus comparable to the Pentagon in size. I think the renovation estimate was about $700,000,000; which of course is low balled and will be double that upon final delivery due to scope creep and change orders. Go project management! :devil:

I'm from DC and St. Elizabeth's is less than 10 minutes away from me. Even though I've grown up seeing homeless people it's never crossed my mind to hate them. Anyone who hates the homeless...wow, I don't know what to say to that. Indifference to the homeless I can understand, but active hate? At the most I'm annoyed if they're aggressively panhandling but most of them don't do that. Most homeless people have undiagnosed and/or untreated severe mental health problems and like ergophobe said what homeless is, what poor is has changed especially in light of the current recession.

Hehe, and you said scope creep! :yay:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Whats the difference?

Bums and homeless people both live in the streets.
I think I am proud to say that most homeless people are Ps. Because they don't give a damn about capitalist values in our society. :devil:

I recommend reading the book: Mao Zedong and I were beggers

Its a story of how two intellectuals pretend to be bums, beg for money, so they can see how society treat these people. And one of them turn out to be a future dictator.

What the fuck man? Grow the fuck up. To a certain degree, I wish YOU become homeless just so you'd have the experience. Many, many people have been completely FUCKED by medical expenses, credit cards, you-name-it, and have gone into bankruptcy, losing their homes.

Is it right to hate a man for failing to provide for his ailing wife since he can't cover the astronomical amount of her hospital bills? Is it right to hate the person who suddenly lost their job and only form of support? I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in the kind of world where it is.

heart

heart on fire
Some people hate homeless because seeing them reminds them of how vulnerable we are in this society and they hate the fear that brings up so it feels better to direct hate towards the homeless. The hate helps keep up the facade that it is possible to always be healthy and in control of one's life. If you need to feel that all that is required is will power to never be in a powerless or vulnerable position, then you need to demonize those who you see in a powerless position. They must not have tried hard enough, they must be losers, they must be lazy, etc. But without the whole facts no one can know why they are homeless or what their lives were like before they found themselves powerless in this society.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Then, could I not argue that they hate vulnerability and are projecting their hatred on an image which just reminds them of it?

EDIT: This entire topic/logical fallacy can be made up by an analogy like this:
There is a small group of people who are black. They also happen to be eating watermelons. All black people eat watermelons.

heart

heart on fire
Then, could I not argue that they hate vulnerability and are projecting their hatred on an image which just reminds them of it?

Isn't that basically what I just said? :huh:

Some people do the samething with the chronically ill and the disabled.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Is it right to hate a man for failing to provide for his ailing wife since he can't cover the astronomical amount of her hospital bills? Is it right to hate the person who suddenly lost their job and only form of support? I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in the kind of world where it is.

Amen.