• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Do you hate homeless people?

Do you hate homeless people

• Yes, I despise them

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • No, I think they deserve empathy

Votes: 64 86.5%

• Total voters

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
They are always begging me for money at Safeway.

Why can't they just go on Craigslist and find a job.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Some of the funniest, wisest and most interesting people I've ever known were homeless. When I'm on my lunchbreak, I tend to hang out with them around the corner from where I work because there's never a boring conversation.

I also always wanted to be a rail-riding hobo when I was little.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Isn't that basically what I just said? :huh:

Some people do the samething with the chronically ill and the disabled.

Sorry, that was Ti running rampant. I was making a clarification that the direction of the hatred is misdirected. "Hate the sin, not the sinner," etc. e.g. Actual homeless people aren't the cause of hatred, but a person's own insecurities are.

*I would like to make a point of difference between a bum, a pan-handler, and a homeless person.

Bum: Lives on the street and is fine with it. Able to be a panhandler. Most people dislike bums.
Panhandler: Cops you up for money, is usually a scam.
Homeless Person: Varies greatly. It can be a man living with his mother after losing his house to bankruptcy, it can also be a person who lives on the streets and asks for money to actually try to support himself.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I feel pretty bad for homeless people. Most of them are mentally ill and society generally doesn't want to deal with them.

However, they can be extremely entertaining on long train rides.

heart

heart on fire
Sorry, that was Ti running rampant. I was making a clarification that the direction of the hatred is misdirected. "Hate the sin, not the sinner," etc. e.g. Actual homeless people aren't the cause of hatred, but a person's own insecurities are.

Yes, you put it exactly right.

Atomic Fiend

I hate everyone who is poorer than I am. Wastin my rich people space, and breathing my rich people air.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I try to put myself in their position. It's extremely hard since I've never experienced being hungry for more than a day. If I was sitting there alone, in the cold, constantly in danger,with people looking down on me in both senses of the word, with no food, no water, no one to even talk to and experienced constant rejection: I'd be "dead inside" in no time.

I wouldn't exactly be in any state to feel pity over other people's miseries.
In response to Eck saying that they were laughing about how they could earn money from "being their friend". I'd feel even sorrier for them because they think that them acting happy is the reason we give them money! I guess the little manipulation they use makes them feel more powerful than how they really "think/feel" they are. How sad..

I mean, if you're homeless and can't get help from anyone basically your own family abandoned you, like your "greater one"(=community, country etc..)
That's not a nice thought, so imagine it being your everyday reality. Ouch.
I think it's already a miracle that they are alive and haven't committed suicide.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Some people hate homeless because seeing them reminds them of how vulnerable we are in this society and they hate the fear that brings up so it feels better to direct hate towards the homeless.

Actually, I hate that there is homeless people because it is an inefficient application of the division of labour. Those bastards could be doing something they love AND be homeless at the same time! But no, they just hang around and ask for money. Not their fault though. We need an ENTJ to scoop em all up and start a bare bones company or something....

no no, a temp agency! Wouldn't you love to hire homeless temps? think of the money you'll save from paying below minimum wage and providing zero benefits! I bet lots of them would just work for free Cambell's soup.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, I hate that there is homeless people because it is an inefficient application of the division of labour. Those bastards could be doing something they love AND be homeless at the same time! But no, they just hang around and ask for money. Not their fault though. We need an ENTJ to scoop em all up and start a bare bones company or something....

no no, a temp agency! Wouldn't you love to hire homeless temps? think of the money you'll save !

I definitely agree that society allows them to slip through the cracks. Actually, I've seen your business proposal in action. In my city there's a newspaper called Streetwise with some average-quality articles about anything current and relative, and homeless people are recruited to sell them for $1 each on the streets. They ultimately earn all the money they sell after the non-profit breaks even. It's a great business that many homeless people rely on, and many people who'd want to buy the 'zine or wish to give out money to the homeless can do it knowing that it's a good thing.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I put No put i'm not overly sympathetic in UK atleast you can easily survive with the education and benifits systems we have here, especially in scotland where Uni is free.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
You guys should also know that being homeless perpetuates itself.

If you're homeless, you can't take a bath. If you can't take a bath, you smell. If you smell and go to a job interview, you likely aren't going to get it due to hygiene issues. If you can't get a job, you can't work your way up or pay the few bills you had before. It's a vicious cycle.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
You guys should also know that being homeless perpetuates itself.

If you're homeless, you can't take a bath. If you can't take a bath, you smell. If you smell and go to a job interview, you likely aren't going to get it due to hygiene issues. If you can't get a job, you can't work your way up or pay the few bills you had before. It's a vicious cycle.

+1

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Since this thread is for NTs I asked my ENTP and INTP friend about it. The INTP friend had no comment, but the ENTP friend said: "Why would I hate dinner? :D"

NTs are silly.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Homeless people tend to lay heavy in the stomach. I onyl ate one or two so far

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Offensive or not this made me pause and think.

You can't really be homeless where I live. Without an insulated and heated residence you would die in the winter. So I'm not familiar with the social situation. How odd.

I don't really like panhandlers. The vast majority of proceeds acquired via begging where I live are spent on substance abuse. This isn't to say this is the case everywhere, but here there's little need to beg given social assistance / welfare / unemployment should in most cases pull an otherwise able person above such desperation. They won't have luxuries, but they won't starve, freeze, or smell.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
You can't really be homeless where I live. Without an insulated and heated residence you would die in the winter. So I'm not familiar with the social situation. How odd.

Here when it's below 0°F the homeless usually ride trains or buses when they have to.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
What a bizarre topic.

I will say that, living in the Bay Area, it's impossible to walk two blocks without someone lunging forward and demanding money, then screaming after you if you decline. (Seriously, anyone who's even visited San Francisco knows what I'm talking about.) So. I don't like that much.

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like them but I definitely don't hate them. It's pretty easy to infer that their lives must suck so it's pretty unlikely that they're they by choice. I can also understand the possible series of events that could have unfolded to leave them destitute.

I'll usually give them change or a bill because if you have no money, even a little can open a lot of possibilities. Besides, that change would just end up lost in the pile of clothes that is my bedroom's carpet anyways. ;)

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
What a bizarre topic.

I will say that, living in the Bay Area, it's impossible to walk two blocks without someone lunging forward and demanding money, then screaming after you if you decline. (Seriously, anyone who's even visited San Francisco knows what I'm talking about.) So. I don't like that much.

When I lived in SF I remember some legless bum on a wooden board on wheels chasing after some guy screaming 'cos he wouldn't give him money. o_O

Big change from the NYC bums. Most of them are really chill and will just sit, chit chat for awhile... tell an amusing story... really earn that dollar.

Heck once they get to know you, they don't even ask for money. I get hit up for cash more by people with jobs. o_O