• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Do you hate homeless people?

Do you hate homeless people

• Yes, I despise them

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • No, I think they deserve empathy

Votes: 64 86.5%

• Total voters

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of the South Park episode where Cartman uses a ramp to skateboard over a sleeping homeless man... oh my.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
bums- always wanted to live as one but they come across so frikkin narrow minded taking pleasure

homeless people- sympathy

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I don't despise homeless people per se, but most of them who live in this city are annoying beggars, bums and junks, they always tend to annoy me.

People who deliberately put themselves lower on the social ladder and don't contribute to society in any way but still ask me for my hard earned money I despise.

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
As long as those homeless people keep their distance from me, I don't hate them.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Truth is, I know every bum has a different story and it wouldn't be fair to stereotype them all into lazy, panhandling, drug addicted parasites. Unless a homeless person is harassing me, I try not to make a judgment. I've spoken with a number of them and they can be very interesting to talk to. -- I don't hate homeless people. I hate certain traits found in every class of people.

I've given money to bums (to include one with a sign that read "Not going to lie. It's for beer." :D) and I've also told some I don't have money to give them.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
Homelessness can happen for economic or emotional/mental reasons. Heck even a sane and sober INTP lacks good coping skills needed for most jobs.

Then you have the addiction related homelessness that invites a less sympathetic POV.

However, it is the aggressive pan handlers that gripe me because most have a Huge sense of entitlement. ...They absolutely deserve your money more than you do.
Yet, in a Psych101 sort of way, maybe they should be pittied too. It destroys their self-esteem to beg and they act out with arrogance.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I see a destitute person I feel shame and fear. Shame that I am not helping them. Fear of helping them. I hate these feelings.

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think they are great for disrupting structure. I'm skeptical to this super controlled society.
I agree.
It is creepy that everyone is supposed to be in their own little 'society made 'places, -doing their 'society duty' sort of thing. It is nice to see that we all haven't been shoved neatly into our society member roles ,living where society says. I know some homeless people who don't want anything to do with any beaurocratic BS and don't hassle people for money either.
I FEEL homeless, anything I do to keep myself "homed" is an act.
I am just a person with a puny legit income, and an apt that is mine as long as I can pay the rent.
Homeless people are the same as everyone else.