10 12.99%
  • No, I think they deserve empathy

67 87.01%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I put No put i'm not overly sympathetic in UK atleast you can easily survive with the education and benifits systems we have here, especially in scotland where Uni is free.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

You guys should also know that being homeless perpetuates itself.

If you're homeless, you can't take a bath. If you can't take a bath, you smell. If you smell and go to a job interview, you likely aren't going to get it due to hygiene issues. If you can't get a job, you can't work your way up or pay the few bills you had before. It's a vicious cycle.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    You guys should also know that being homeless perpetuates itself.

If you're homeless, you can't take a bath. If you can't take a bath, you smell. If you smell and go to a job interview, you likely aren't going to get it due to hygiene issues. If you can't get a job, you can't work your way up or pay the few bills you had before. It's a vicious cycle.
    +1

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Since this thread is for NTs I asked my ENTP and INTP friend about it. The INTP friend had no comment, but the ENTP friend said: "Why would I hate dinner? "

NTs are silly.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Homeless people tend to lay heavy in the stomach. I onyl ate one or two so far
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTx

Offensive or not this made me pause and think.

You can't really be homeless where I live. Without an insulated and heated residence you would die in the winter. So I'm not familiar with the social situation. How odd.

I don't really like panhandlers. The vast majority of proceeds acquired via begging where I live are spent on substance abuse. This isn't to say this is the case everywhere, but here there's little need to beg given social assistance / welfare / unemployment should in most cases pull an otherwise able person above such desperation. They won't have luxuries, but they won't starve, freeze, or smell.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    You can't really be homeless where I live. Without an insulated and heated residence you would die in the winter. So I'm not familiar with the social situation. How odd.
    Here when it's below 0F the homeless usually ride trains or buses when they have to.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

What a bizarre topic.

I will say that, living in the Bay Area, it's impossible to walk two blocks without someone lunging forward and demanding money, then screaming after you if you decline. (Seriously, anyone who's even visited San Francisco knows what I'm talking about.) So. I don't like that much.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't like them but I definitely don't hate them. It's pretty easy to infer that their lives must suck so it's pretty unlikely that they're they by choice. I can also understand the possible series of events that could have unfolded to leave them destitute.

I'll usually give them change or a bill because if you have no money, even a little can open a lot of possibilities. Besides, that change would just end up lost in the pile of clothes that is my bedroom's carpet anyways.
    Sleep late for a better tomorrow.

Extraverted - 58%
    INtuitive - 73%
    Thinking - 71%
    Perceiving - 66%

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    What a bizarre topic.

I will say that, living in the Bay Area, it's impossible to walk two blocks without someone lunging forward and demanding money, then screaming after you if you decline. (Seriously, anyone who's even visited San Francisco knows what I'm talking about.) So. I don't like that much.
    When I lived in SF I remember some legless bum on a wooden board on wheels chasing after some guy screaming 'cos he wouldn't give him money. o_O

Big change from the NYC bums. Most of them are really chill and will just sit, chit chat for awhile... tell an amusing story... really earn that dollar.

Heck once they get to know you, they don't even ask for money. I get hit up for cash more by people with jobs. o_O
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found