User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Your face amuses me greatly.
    See!!! See!!! That's what I'm talking about! x2

LOL.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    See!!! See!!! That's what I'm talking about! x2

LOL.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am always here, if SO needs to debate with an ENTP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSL_qayMCc"]xD[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    intj

I find most people tiring to debate with, because they make it overly personal and come off as extremely unreasonable about their positions without much substance to back it up. It's not that I'm stubborn or unwilling to admit when I'm wrong, but that most people I encounter cannot come up with rational arguments that make their position worth seriously considering. And since I explore most angles before I am comfortable settling into a decision, it's most likely I've already considered their argument. If it failed to impress me the first time and they have nothing new and insightful to bring to the table, they're not going to get far.

Oh but ENTPs. They're the few that know how to appeal to my logical side, but also present new perspectives I might not have even realized existed. It's like viewing the world through a stereoscopic photo. It reveals a lot more depth than my own observations alone, but you need the two layers to make it complete. My ENTP girlfriend and I learn a lot from each other through constant discussion, and I've spent more time talking with her than everyone else combined. We usually have a lot of the same opinions, even if our approaches and methods aren't the same. It also helps that we have similar value systems, so there is no major conflict there. That's probably what makes our arrangement possible, because I cannot imagine either of us doing well with an individual that doesn't hold the same core values.

My one complaint, and we've worked on this, is that sometimes she gets a bit too passionate to the point it overwhelms me. Even when we agree. Sometimes she doesn't allow me enough processing time. Though I'm good at handling a lot at once, I still need to relate new information against what I already know to properly make sense of it. She gets extremely energized by a debate and suddenly she's off at full force, barely allowing me time to think and herself to breathe. It's probably an IE conflict? At first I didn't handle it well, because system overload makes me very frustrated and feeling harassed, so I'd cut her out and leave so I would have time to think things through on my own. And obviously she didn't take me leaving well and often felt like somehow she offended me, when it wasn't the case.

But I could never have a proper relationship with somebody that was not willing to tell me when I am wrong and why. Disagreements aren't necessarily unfriendly, as long as both parties are mature enough to handle it well.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oh, that's awesome ghoti! You guys seem like a great match.

Your gf sounds like me when I get into Ne overload. I can overwhelm people with my passionate and quick pace, and oftentimes non NTs mistake that for anger. It's funny, there is usually no emotion behind it other than pure excitement and energy at a new idea or concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I find most people tiring to debate with, because they make it overly personal and come off as extremely unreasonable about their positions without much substance to back it up. It's not that I'm stubborn or unwilling to admit when I'm wrong, but that most people I encounter cannot come up with rational arguments that make their position worth seriously considering. And since I explore most angles before I am comfortable settling into a decision, it's most likely I've already considered their argument. If it failed to impress me the first time and they have nothing new and insightful to bring to the table, they're not going to get far.

Oh but ENTPs. They're the few that know how to appeal to my logical side, but also present new perspectives I might not have even realized existed. It's like viewing the world through a stereoscopic photo. It reveals a lot more depth than my own observations alone, but you need the two layers to make it complete. My ENTP girlfriend and I learn a lot from each other through constant discussion, and I've spent more time talking with her than everyone else combined. We usually have a lot of the same opinions, even if our approaches and methods aren't the same. It also helps that we have similar value systems, so there is no major conflict there. That's probably what makes our arrangement possible, because I cannot imagine either of us doing well with an individual that doesn't hold the same core values.

My one complaint, and we've worked on this, is that sometimes she gets a bit too passionate to the point it overwhelms me. Even when we agree. Sometimes she doesn't allow me enough processing time. Though I'm good at handling a lot at once, I still need to relate new information against what I already know to properly make sense of it. She gets extremely energized by a debate and suddenly she's off at full force, barely allowing me time to think and herself to breathe. It's probably an IE conflict? At first I didn't handle it well, because system overload makes me very frustrated and feeling harassed, so I'd cut her out and leave so I would have time to think things through on my own. And obviously she didn't take me leaving well and often felt like somehow she offended me, when it wasn't the case.

But I could never have a proper relationship with somebody that was not willing to tell me when I am wrong and why. Disagreements aren't necessarily unfriendly, as long as both parties are mature enough to handle it well.
    I really liked reading this post, and, you hit on the crux (see bolded) of what makes such a relationship work.

As for the underlined, guilty , and like Jen said, it's the energy/excitement over someone willing to meet us there, that we sometimes steam-roll forward, lest we lose the momentum, the moment, or the other changes their mind, train of thought.
    When in the heat of the moment, I'm shooting questions at light-speed, the holes/inconsistencies that may be in a thought/idea. That, like my bf says, STOP, I'm just answering in reaction when you fire questions like that, let me think first, if you want a legit answer. And, when he justifies with such rationalization, i.e., it makes sense, I instantly calm and tone down.

PS - welcome to the boards, ENTP lovah!