User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

and you answered me seriously with your location and age. So I figured that you didn't get the fact that I was joking. So I made another joke, which you didn't get either.

I fail.

1. Dont overlook the factor of cultural differences. I am writting on English, what hides and distorts my real identity.

2. This is not the first time you asked from where I am from. So I have decided to give you a straight answer.

3. If I remember correctly you've once said that you would date me.

I am trully sorry if I am going too fast for you.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    So, the real question here is why does comfortable conflict encourage desire?
    I think it's the tension. Not working backwards but working forwards from the premise that 2 people have sexual chemistry and have been intimate before (or want to be) - that energy comes out in other ways. You see this a lot in people who flirt by play fighting. Even though they may ostensibly be arguing about who did this or is supposed to do that - really it is a kind of one up manship or cat and mouse game or keeping score.

Really the true subtext and message being conveyed via the debate/flirting/arguing/fighting is, "I really want you and I want you to want me too and it's driving me nuts because I just really want you to acknowledge it and you know, knock boots" Or something not as crude. I'm not sure how everyone's inner monologue sounds.

More than just purely physiological responses - in conflict people are directing and throwing a lot of personal 'energy' at each other and diffusing it or absorbing it and basically receiving and processing it and creating an amalgam of two people energies meeting - which parallels the inter play that happens in sex.

I think.

Granted I've dated people who've said if we slept together more often we wouldn't fight as much. HA HA HA. And no, they were not dudes, they just sounded like it in that moment. HA HA HA.

It's tension, mang, lots and lots of tension.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CindySue View Post
    I read somewhere that ENTP's relate arguing with intimacy. Strange idea if you ask me. So this question goes to the ENTPs. The more you argue with a person of the opposite sex, the more attracted or interested you are in them? What if the argument turns to anger? Is anger a level of love?
    Hmmm, I was doing that not too long ago, It was a playful argument though. The more aggressive arguments I consider irresistable, only in a kind of bad way. Its obvious that they don't particularly like it, They tell me to stop (as if they weren't even doin anything!)
    5 3 9

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. Dont overlook the factor of cultural differences. I am writting on English, what hides and distorts my real identity.

2. This is not the first time you asked from where I am from. So I have decided to give you a straight answer.

3. If I remember correctly you've once said that you would date me.

I am trully sorry if I am going too fast for you.
    Hahhaa, touch!! I like your style!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Not an ENTP, but when in a comfortable relationship I can be more relaxed and tend to act like one.

For me, back and forth banter, either about us or a topic or gossip about someone else, is such an aphrodisiac for me, that I cannot imagine a relationship without a bit of healthy back and forth.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    INTJs are the ENTPs of the introverted world.
    i have been thinking for the past two days how INTJ-like i can be to people around me

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch
    So, the real question here is why does comfortable conflict encourage desire?
    it builds rapport and, over time, respect for each other waay faster than anything else.

-you avoid small talk. you are actually expressing your views of the world. its concrete and personalized

-you are bold enough to take shots at the one another. you are drilling through that wall that everyone puts up for the world

-taking shots at each other, people feel like they have let too much of themselves show too soon creating some internal conflict. since the source of the conflict is external (specifically that other person), the resolution must be too

'comfortable conflict' is the name of the game when it comes to meeting new people too.

this current thread can probably supplement this one: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-assholes.html

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Do you guys think it's healthy to seek out a SO with whom one constantly debates? Or is argumentation and one-upmanship better left for friends, with relationships being -fests?

I obviously want someone who loves my mind like I do, but it seems odd that someone could respect me intellectually and not want to debate. Like, "Awesome sword, but no, I don't want to fence." But then the types that ENTPs work best with tend to be very anti-conflict. So it's a bit of a catch-22.
    You're making this out to be so black-and-white; how positively INTJ of you!

So long as both parties in a romantic relationship remain detached, debate is great. As soon as one party starts to get emotionally involved, it's time for the other one to switch off the devil's advocacy and instead crank up the empathy.

I believe the reason why the INTJ-ENTP match seemingly so often fails despite the mindmate chemistry is that one or both individuals fail at this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This thread amuses me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    This thread amuses me greatly.
    Your face amuses me greatly.