First 89101112 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

It's not arguing, it's sharing ideas. We find out more about you and also clarify our own views by bouncing ideas back and forth, and by playing devil's advocate. Most call it debating, some call it arguing but I just call it learning. Arguing, to me, is anger and raised voices - which all types are capable of.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CindySue View Post
    I read somewhere that ENTP's relate arguing with intimacy. Strange idea if you ask me. So this question goes to the ENTPs. The more you argue with a person of the opposite sex, the more attracted or interested you are in them? What if the argument turns to anger? Is anger a level of love?
    I think the better statement would be that entps are better at expressing their feelings via intimacy. Which is, so I think, a universal statement for T types. (Cause who wants to have group sex in public ? )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Yes. Oh baby. Yes, angry sex.
    haha. What does it mean when an ENTP gets angry but still sticks around? I had a girlfriend that dated a Entp guy that would constantly argue with her but he stuck around but appeared very angry all the time. You all seem like such lovable creatures but the debating is a very confusing thing. Is the anger some complicated symbol of the deep down love that can't escape?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

haha. What does it mean when an ENTP gets angry but still sticks around? I had a girlfriend that dated a Entp guy that would constantly argue with her but he stuck around but appeared very angry all the time. You all seem like such lovable creatures but the debating is a very confusing thing. Is the anger some complicated symbol of the deep down love that can't escape?
    In my opinion you watch to much television

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't know what his problem is, but I am very rarely angry. Because I am 'debating' does not mean I am angry.

MBTI
    ENTP

It probably wasn't anger as much as frustration about not getting his point across. I usually only end up arguing if another person is too rigid in their views to discuss and then I argue in attempts to force them to think outside of their value system or at the very least to hear a genuine endorsement of WHY they believe what they believe so solidly.

If things get down to an argument, especially with someone who takes it personally I'll usually feel bad after for letting things get so heated. I'll usually stick around to prove it's not as big a deal as their making it out to be...I can be civil too...sometimes...

Of course it does seem like some other types take any form of discussion with conflicting ideas as an argument, could us ENTP's get some enlightenment on that?

For example when my brother and me start discussing something passionately a SF friend of mine always asks us why we're arguing. It's infuriating because here we are having a very involved discussion about something highly theoretical, both completely into it and thoroughly enjoying it when we're told:

"Why can't you guys just agree to disagree? Let's talk about something else."

@#($*#@()$*@#

Discussion =/= Argument
    Moderately raised voices indicate passion, not anger.
    Sleep late for a better tomorrow.

Extraverted - 58%
    INtuitive - 73%
    Thinking - 71%
    Perceiving - 66%

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

you got me there, kiddo.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Call him Kit-O then he thinks he is nightrider

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

See??? See what I mean???

Annnnd,

NO.

:harumph:
    Well, I like ENFPs. I am typeless though.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.