• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The Contradictory Nature of Being an NT

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Perhaps this is more of a N P thing..

I'm beginning to wonder this too. Oh well, maybe it's more of an N thing period. I guess we just have to wait and see more reactions from other members.

ring the bell

I went camping recently with some friends. We were way out away from civilization, without water or electricity, just hanging out on the side of a beautiful lake with the mountains looming up above. I spent hours just sitting there, staring at the lake and the mountains. It was an unreal experience. I could have just stayed there forever. I like connecting with nature. It does take me to places in my mind that I don't normally get to. I find a lot of peace within myself that way.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
^ Very sexy. I'm jealous. I have a thing for evergreens and lakes.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To move on, I often daydream and fantasize about looking at nature, watching sunsets, enjoying landscapes, etc., however, when I actually DO go out to nature or watch a sunset, I dislike it and don't see what the big deal is. It's ironic because I enjoy the world better in my head, which is absolutely ridiculous.
This is the story of my life, except I daydream about situations and people. It's somewhat of a problem; it's led to much disillusionment.

When I go about my daily business, I often feel as though I have 75% of myself at any given moment invested in my head. It's hard to describe this, and I'm not sure many other types will get it, but it's when I force myself to "stop and smell the roses," if you will, or just take the time to look around my surroundings, I can take that remaining 75% out of my head and act completely "in the present," but I can only do it for a short time...maybe because I'm not used to doing it. The best way I could describe it using MBTI is like switching my mind off from an N into an S.
Check again. I've tried to force myself out of my head for large amounts of time. Not going to happen. Myself goes back to where it likes it: in my head.

This is probably an N issue, and even more of an INxx issue.

ring the bell

^ Very sexy. I'm jealous. I have a thing for evergreens and lakes.

Me too, actually.. I had a hard time leaving that place. I think I could be completely happy to live out at least 7 monthes of every year there. I probably wouldn't go much more than that though since it would be impossible to leave in winter. The snow gets pretty deep!

For me, the appeal is just as much about being completely alone as it is to be surrounded by such incredible beauty!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Does anyone else know what I'm talking about and can sympathize with me on any given level?

A wise man once said: Dont ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country